Deepwood Estates

Offers Independent Living

203 Old Chapin Rd, Lexington, SC 29072
Deepwood Estates (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 22 days

$1,000 Off the First Two Months of Rent (applies to January & February rent). The lease must have a sign and physical move-in date by December 31, 2021. Ask for details when you tour!

Reviews of Deepwood Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Deepwood Estates

October 12, 2020

By btrthanair

Deepwood Estates is a special place to live! Covid-19 has created huge challenges and the staff here has done their best to keep everyone safe. My dad loves the staff and the food. He loves to walk on the path and gets at least 1 mile per day (4 laps). The grounds are beautiful. He has so many friends. He is never lonely or bored.

September 04, 2020

By Quave

This management team has been awesome. We have been here a long time and other than Larry and Judy this team is exceptional. LeeAnn always has a smile on her face. She had been very proactive with coronavirus. Even thought other people have not approve of her decisions, she has made the right decisions for the community. I have appreciated that. Dusty is great, too. If you want something done she gets it done. Lisa greet everyone with a smile. I have never seeing her get upset about anything. She helps the residences in any way she can. Glenda is the best. Another one who get her work done. My mom loves Glenda. The many HS kids to come help. They have definitely pick them right to work at Deepwood. That also says a lot for the management team.

August 30, 2020

By WileyPost

My mother had lived there 8 years and we have been very impressed. We visited 4 other places and Deepwood was clearly the best for quality of living, activities and attentiveness of the staff. The food is institutional quality and some folks don’t like it. My mom says that it is just fine. They have lots of activities and on-site services like a hair salon I highly recommend for an active person that doesn’t need memory care.

August 26, 2020

By L. Timm

The Management (Leeann, & Dusty are very caring to the residents. My mom speaks highly of them and of Glenda who is very kind and cleans mom's room and takes the extra time to help her. I appreciate it so much. Mom also likes that they play cards and other games and have entertainment and how Darlene makes the activities fun. Thank you!

April 10, 2020

By Anita

My mother-in-law is at Deepwood Estates. All the residents seemed happy. They were having lunch while we were there, and the shrimp salad looked wonderful. There are a lot of activities for them to do. The staff is really nice. They asked what she likes to do and we said paint, so they got her canvasses. They have puzzles, a library, an exercise room, entertainment, they had a magician and music come in, and they have an activities room with computers and arts and crafts. One lady was having a 100th birthday party with some of the residents in the activity hall at the time.

Hi Anita, thank you for taking the time to share how happy your mother-in-law is at our community. We love providing a wide variety of engaging, fulfilling, and entertaining activities for our residents. We look forward to seeing some of her wonderful paintings!

November 01, 2019

By TM

I am a resident of Deepwood Estates since January 2018. I like it pretty well. The food is just so-so, but the staff is good. The thing that makes it the best is the people who live here. What I like most about living here is my fellow residents. The activity director does a really good job with keeping us busy. We are playing one of the games right now. My room is nice and I have a studio. They also offer rooms as big as 2-bedroom. My room is OK and I don't have any complaints with it because I don't spend much time there because I'm usually out doing activities. The staff does a pretty good job. However, there are quite a few of us in wheelchairs and they only have one elevator. Nevertheless, the activities are really good. The food is not very good.

October 17, 2019

By Jean

I have moved into Deepwood Estates last year. I really enjoy it here. There are lots of activities that I participate in. I have formed lots of good friends. The activity director and the managers are really very good caring people. It is just a blast! However, I can't say as much about the food. It is too salty or too spicy. You think with them preparing food for senior citizens or older people that it wouldn't be seasoned so highly. You can always add salt to food but you can't take it out. That's my main complaint. Most of the waitresses are very good and very caring. I have a small room. I also have a hospital bed that was given to me. I was able to bring a bit of my furniture, which I like. I have a walker and it is easy to get around in the room. I'm comfortable with what I have.

August 01, 2019

By T.S.

My mother is a resident of Deepwood Estates for a month and a half now, and our experience has been excellent. The staff is very good, her room is superb, very large, very spacious, and they installed extra safety bars for her. The dining area is very nice, attractive, comfortable, it's restaurant style, they order the food, but they often have to wait an hour for it to come out. The food could be better. They have a wide variety of activities available, religious activities, arts and crafts, movie night, and they have a driver and a bus that takes them to shopping areas, restaurants, and doctor's appointments. They have a chapel, library, movie room, beauty salon, a game room with a pool table, exercise room, and a walking path that people use regularly. The residents are always out in the common areas, visiting with each other, and there on the walking path.

December 20, 2018

By Joyce

I can't imagine any place being any better than Deepwood Estates. It's a beautiful, well-kept facility. The rooms are well-designed. The maintenance and cleaning staff are good. The community spaces are beautiful, and the food is fantastic. They have so many activities planned for the residents. It's an amazing place, and we hope and pray that my brother stays there for the rest of his days. The dining room is beautiful, the service is great, and there's a variety of food. They have choices, and the food is excellent and amazing. There's a menu at breakfast every day, and they encourage them to have guests for meals. It's family-style seating, not cafeteria-type setting. The layout of the building is great.

June 26, 2018

By Sharyl

The tour was wonderful, but Deepwood Estates' building and interior are starting to look a little shabby. Other than that, they were great. They had some art classes, a crochet class (which I'd be interested in), and you can play cards. I like their layout. The staff member who gave me the tour was very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They should spruce and brighten it up again since things need painting.

Hi Sharyl, thank you for visiting us at Deepwood Estates and leaving us a review on your recent experience. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Feedback like yours helps us improve for our residents and guests. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. We hope to see you again soon!

August 21, 2017

By Karen

Deepwood Estates was too expensive for us, but it seemed to have quite a few activities for people to participate in. They had an exercise room with a few people exercising in there on a variety of exercise equipment. They had a computer room with several stations and there was one person in there on the computer. They had a library and a beauty shop where you could have your hair and nails done. A group of ladies were playing cards, and there was going to be another game later in the evening, which everybody seemed to be happy about. They liked whatever it was they were doing. As we were getting ready to leave, there was a group of people taking the shuttle to go to happy hour. They are getting ready to start a gardening club and have walking trails. The staff was wonderful. They took the time with us to talk, answer all of our questions, and show us everything that was available. They sat and talked with us through lunch and gave us additional options. I can’t say enough nice things about them. They were super. The rooms were wonderful, clean, well kept, and comfortable. They had amenities that we would have enjoyed, plus balconies or patios and a lot of light. Everything about them was convenient.

March 14, 2017

By Carolyn518125

We visited Deepwood Estates, which was very nice. The rooms were very convenient and accommodating. We liked it very much, but it was too expensive for me to live there. The staff was very professional, kind, considerate, and knowledgeable about the place.

September 09, 2016

By DT548230

Deepwood Estates seemed to be very nice, and it had lots of activities. The food was very good. The staff was very nice. We toured with a very nice person. The rooms looked very nice. I enjoyed the tour very much. It seemed like a very nice place.

August 24, 2016

By John A.811504

Deepwood Estates was very good. They had very nice folks and staff. The apartments were clean, neat, and well organized. The residents looked good. We had lunch with them.

December 28, 2015

By Ann108455450

I visited Deepwood Estates. The grounds were very pretty, and the staff was very friendly. The apartments were nice and clean. The food was very nice, as well. However, they should have a larger first floor because it's hard to get in there.

November 11, 2015

Our relative has been in Deepwood Estates for two months now. They are really nice with a nice surrounding. The staff is good and help him out as much as they can. The food is good. It is a good place. He is living in a clean room that is big enough for him with a bed, love seat, TV, a little kitchen, and a nice bathroom. They come clean it and change the sheets and everything every Friday. I do not think you can ask for better than that.

June 13, 2015

I found a facility that I like, and it’s called Deepwood Estates; however, I am not going to move here. I am moving to Colorado. I like it because it was not in the middle of the city; it was like a resort area, and that was really good. They have different levels there, and I was interested in independent living. The food looks wonderful, and the dining area was good. The people that are there were very happy and friendly. I would recommend it.

April 25, 2015

By Lois22

We came across Deepwood Estates through the Caring website. It was beautiful and well maintained, and the people were very friendly. The food was delicious; it was out of this world. They have an activities room, a computer place, a little library, and a chapel. They only have one elevator used by a lot of people at a certain time.

April 10, 2015

By Dianne25

Deepwood Estates was gorgeous, and they serve gourmet food. They had our names written on the chalkboard at the front door that they were welcoming us there. They had people in the big lobby area playing games and stuff, and a huge fireplace that was burning. It was gorgeous, but it's $2,000 a month for a little, tiny room, and I didn't like the little, tiny room.

December 10, 2014

By Pam40

My mom moved in to Deepwoods Estates last week. She has a one bedroom apartment, and the room size is nice. It has a studio kitchen, which is enough because they have three meals a day. She went there because of the staff. We were very impressed, and we still are impressed with them. They are very personable and just all around very nice people. The dining area is clean and spacious. It is nice. The chairs are on rollers, so my mother-in-law will able to go in, sit down, get up, and move around really easily. The meals are great. It is a very secured and well monitored environment. We are very happy with it.

September 30, 2014

By Frank30

Deepwood Estates was excellent. The apartments were nice with balconies and were quite spacious. The staff was a little pushy, but friendly, and the food was very good. It was like a first class cruise ship; they even played games in the dining room when they were eating -- which was fun -- but a little distracting. They have meetings rooms, swimming pool, and go on trips. It was like apartment living, but they do not have full kitchen; they just have a small refrigerator and a microwave, and it is pricey.

July 19, 2014

By Robert96138750

Deepwood Estates is part of the Holiday system. The ambience was great. I saw a two-bedroom with a small den. Their food is outstanding. They're great meals. In terms of activities, what stood out to me probably was bingo and computer-generated games, like X-box. The residents were outstanding. They're really great. I had nice conversations with them. It was a wonderful experience.

June 28, 2014

By LovelyLady28

We got my parents-in-law into Deepwood Estates because it was close to us, and for the price and the amenities. So far, we have been very pleased with the staff. The rooms are clean, small, and nice. We have eaten there a lot, and the food is very good. The management is good. The staff seems to be very caring and involved. It is pretty clean and doesn't have an odor like a lot of them do. But it is not a skilled nursing facility, either. It is independent living.

February 28, 2014

By Ethelyn

At Deepwood Estates, they were very nice. They showed us around. Their rooms were nice; however, we didn't want a room. We were looking for like an outside apartment that is not connected to the building. They did have apartments and they were wonderful. You could park your car and you didn't have to go inside the building or the hall or anything. I thought that was nice. However, most of their apartments were taken at that time. The dining area and recreational area were very nice. They also had a workout room. Everything was nice and clean. With regards to food, the people there said it was good.

November 27, 2013

We enjoyed our tour at Deepwood Estates. We had lunch with one of the directors and it was very pleasant. It was a good location. The dining room was well appointed. The attendants takes care of you. Their food was good and we were served in a professional manner. They have a good chef, I believe. The facility was very clean and appeared to be well maintained.

July 31, 2013

By Lois7

I am in Deepwood Estates. I have a bedroom and a sitting area with a mini-kitchen. They come in once a week to vacuum the walking area and empty the garbage. They supply all the sheets. Sometimes the food is absolutely delicious and sometimes it's mediocre. However, it is nutritious. They have a wonderful activities director. In fact you can't even do everything that she plans, however there's something for everybody.

September 27, 2012

By hopethishelps

I am very pleased with this faciliy. They take great care of there residents. They have a bus and will take them to there doctor appoinments and also goes on shopping trips perodically through the week. The dinning room is always nice. There is a hair cutting place on the site. They have arobics and play games. During the Holidays they do special things for them. They have entertainment several times a month. They provide housekeeping and there is laundry rooms to for the residents to do there laundry.They only down side about this facility that I have found is that they keep changing the staff. Hopefully they will get a good manager and co- manager and they will work well together. They are in a great location and close to everything but off the main road. There is a local pharmacy that will bring the residents there medications when they need them filled.

Questions about Deepwood Estates

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Deepwood Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Deepwood Estates offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Deepwood Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Deepwood Estates offer to independent living residents?

If Deepwood Estates accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Deepwood Estates work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Deepwood Estates

Photos of Deepwood Estates

Services and Amenities of Deepwood Estates

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Storage Space, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Deepwood Estates

Deepwood Estates is located in Lexington, SC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Deepwood Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Deepwood Estates