Brookdale Brushy Creek

Reviews of Brookdale Brushy Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Brushy Creek

September 29, 2014

By Miriam8

I was not as pleased with Sterling House of Greenville because of that woman, and it was a locked facility too, but she came by, actually she ran, and she was standing there shaking the front door trying to get out and nobody redirected her or anything. So the staff did not seem as supportive. I know they knew that she didn't need to go out, but they could have redirected her to do something else that would have been more pleasant for her than just standing there shaking the door. I know the whole facility is locked, but I do know that they have a bus that goes out and takes some of them, so I am not sure if the security was there. The rooms were OK and they go out into a setting in the middle where there was a courtyard that was enclosed. I wasn't pleased with it, and it is right on the road where if the residents did get out, I am afraid they'd be in traffic immediately. So that was kind of a negative for me. I think training the staff to redirect would help as that is very important with Alzheimer's patients.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and provide feedback. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is a top priority, and we will share your concerns with our team to address the concerns you have raised.

June 17, 2014

By caring78033450

Sterling House looks and smells like a nursing home. There are people that sit around in the common areas asleep. They aren't being engaged at all. The rooms are adequate, but they don't have a warm feeling. The staff is very nice. They were social with me, but they didn't get personally involved with me.

October 28, 2013

By Cathy32

My mom was in respite care at Sterling House. She actually will be going there again. We chose this facility at that time because they had a bed available when we needed it and probably the biggest plus for us was that they're one mile from our home, so it was most convenient in terms of location. The staff was very much accommodating. Their rooms were very nice. She was in a studio apartment and it met her needs at that time. I think they have some even larger rooms but, actually, too much room would be more confusing for people with dementia like my mom. The food was great there too.

June 16, 2011

Caregivers here seem like they really care about the residents. There wa no bad smell when I first visited this facitlity as sometimes I have been overcome with horrible smells upon entering asst. living homes and nursing homes. My relative's room is not kept as clean as I would like it though, there is always trash on the floor and her dirty clothes are just left lying around and not always put in her hamper. They bring her clean clothes to her room, but lately I have to hang them all up and put them away in hr drawers because they are not doing that - she has dementia and cannot do this. They are making us pay for them to hand feed my relative, but I have yet to see them do it. I feed her snacks when I come to see her, and she seems to be starving!

Photos of Brookdale Brushy Creek

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Brushy Creek

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: CRCF

About Brookdale Brushy Creek

Brookdale Brushy Creek provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Brushy Creek