Westminster Greenville, SC

Reviews of Westminster

Independent Living Reviews for Westminster

April 28, 2020

By Jane

We went to Westminster. It is not a good location. The rooms were not nice at all, and the windows were high up on the wall, so you didn't have a good view of anything. The one window where you did have a view was of a busy street. The staff member was pretty unprofessional. She was walking up and down the hall pointing at each door, and basically saying something about each person that lived there, which seemed very unprofessional, because it was almost gossipy. I just had a very bad feeling. It was a very old facility with a small dated room, and the woman giving the tour was not in the right field. They had an open area for a gym, the woman in charge of the exercise program was alone, and was the only one using the equipment. They had a theater section with two or three old couches that were all beat up in front of a television, with a set of VHS tapes. We couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Hello Jane, thank you for your review. We regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your visit to our community and are confident this does not represent our community as a whole. Thank you for providing us with this feedback. We will take this feedback and look for ways we can better our community for our residents and associates. We would love another chance to show you how great our leadership is. Thank you

May 07, 2019

By Carolyn

Westminster is an excellent place. The staff is caring and the residents are friendly. The food is quite good. My ex-husband seems to be happier there than anywhere he's been. I see a lot of things going on and there's much more interaction. They have a sheet of paper with large writing on it announcing each event that's coming up that day, so that they don't forget. The dining area has pleasant surroundings and the food is very good. I've seen the media room where they show movies and the physical therapy room. Everything looks good. His room is a little bit small for someone in a wheelchair, although it's supposed to be set up for wheelchairs.

October 30, 2018

By Nan106

I visited the community and was pleasantly greeted by Sherri with her great smile and wonderful personality. I shared I was interested in a 2BR and although they did not have one available, one of the residents (Jack and Norma) quickly offered to show their beautiful home. I was impressed how well Sherri knew the residents and how they all approached us and welcomed me during my visit. Although, I do not have an immediate need Westminster will be my choice when Im ready.

September 11, 2018

By Karen

Westminster is one of the top three places I wanted dad to look at. I liked it a lot, and it was a good fit for my dad. They offer three meals a day, with a balcony, and they allow smoking. They have a lot of activities.

March 22, 2018

By Brenda

Westminster was very lovely, and I could tell that the staff really interacted with their residents. The ladies who showed us around were very nice. We also ran into the bus driver, who was exceptionally nice and welcoming. I was very impressed with the place. The dining area was beautiful, like a 5-star hotel dining room.

October 12, 2017

By Ju Zeraus

My sisters and I visited Westminster to seek independent living for my grandmother. We were welcomed by Sherri and she was just fantastic! She was very knowledgeable of the community and the surrounding area. She introduced us to staff, onsite providers and we enjoyed a meal with residents.. It was a very pleasant experience with no pressure.

September 30, 2017

By Sunbrust

Westminster has a wonderful feel about it. The staff was so friendly and happy. My mom loves it and has made a lot of new friends.

March 29, 2017

By Harry552356

Westminster is convenient to downtown Greenville since it's only 10 blocks away. They offered three meals a day and didn't have the big buy-in that other communities had. We chose a two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment with a living room, small dining area, and a balcony. They had a billiards room, card room, a library, and physical therapy on-site.

March 06, 2017

By Susan634360

I don’t really have anything to compare the Westminster to because it was the only one that we went to. I know they have a private room, but it was a studio, and that would be the only one my mom could afford. It was so small, and I know that she would be crazy there. Everything seemed to be clean, and everything seemed good. They had just replaced the carpeting in the entire building. Somebody must have just entered the kitty litter box or something because they do allow pets when we were walking through the hall or we probably walked by the garbage area because I did notice some smell. The staff was super. The lady who took us on a tour, the people who served us lunch; everybody was super. So the people were great. I know that older people can’t take spicy food, but the food was bland for me.

January 05, 2017

By Denise628664

My mom and dad were in Westminster. It seemed to be a good, easy-to-navigate place. They had three meals a day and a lot of activities. The food was good.

November 25, 2016

By Whit

I liked Westminster, but they don?t take Medicaid insurance. It was great as far as the layout of the place and the way they had everything set up. It is just that it?s about $2,500 a month per person. They got everything there such as doctors and nurses on-site; they all show up in the kitchen, and they take them places.

November 22, 2016

By Edward B.441072

I stayed at Westminster for 14 months. It was good. The quality of the facilities, the staff, and the meals were excellent. It was just so expensive. They handled my meds. I had two rooms -- a living room and a bedroom. I lived good there.

October 19, 2016

By Charles285177

Westminster was a very nice place. They were very informative. They had an exercise gym, laundry, and dining room. They also had transportation.

October 05, 2016

By Gary881633

We liked Westminster, and we were treated very well. We liked the place; of all the places we looked at, this would probably be our preference. Everybody was nice and friendly. But the apartments were small; that’s my biggest problem. We will be moving from a very large house to an apartment.

May 10, 2016

By Doris44

I visited Westminster and it was very nice but it was expensive. It was a very nice visit and everyone was friendly to me. They took me on a tour and showed me everything. The rooms were very nice. I have a lot of allergies, and they said "If you're interested, and put your payment down, we could take the carpet down. That won't be a problem" so I thought that was very accommodating. The gym looked really good. I was very interested in that since I'm trying to lose weight. The salon was nice too and the people that I had lunch with said that the lady in the salon is very friendly and caring. During lunch they were announcing that they were going to go to Hendersonville to some kind of luncheon up there in a couple of days so it sounds like they have a lot of activities that they can choose from so that was good too. They gave me a lot of information that I needed to know.

March 28, 2016

By Suzanne P.

We really love Westminster and will be moving in once our house is sold. They have vey nice two- or three-bedroom units with patios and balconies. They offer three meals a day and do bus trips every Wednesday.

December 31, 2015

By Taylor2

I visited Westminster. I thought the rooms were smaller than anywhere I looked. I would have been on the second or the third floor. It was kind of living in a hotel, and I had never lived anywhere but in a private home, and I really felt that it would bother me. It was a little bit pricey, but it was in a nice area. It was very clean and very well decorated. They had lovely dining room. They did lots and lots of activities, but it just seemed a little pricey and the rooms were a little small for what you paid. However, you could have a continental breakfast, lunch was the big meal, and then you had a snack like sandwiches or something. All your meals were provided there. They would do housekeeping for you; they would change your sheets and things. You could do your personal laundry in their laundromat they had on each floor. The people were lovely, and it was appealing in a lot of ways. The staff I met was very nice.

December 30, 2015

By Diane118683050

At Westminster, the atmosphere was friendly. It was very well furnished. However, my mother needed assisted living and they didn’t have assisted living. As far as activities, they had a Halloween party then. The facility was more social and interactive. The vacant room we saw was fairly good size. It had a full bath too. The staff was nice to me, but they were trying to get me to place my mother there.

August 31, 2015

By Katherine19

Westminster is a very nice place, but I can't afford this place. They were very good. They do have exercise rooms as well as games rooms; all kinds of things. If I could just afford this place, this is where I would be.

May 20, 2014

Westminster was a nice place. It's very large, and they seemed clean. If my mom was in a state that she could go back into that environment, it would be great. I met with the field manager. He was fine, great, friendly. It was quite too far from us. It was like 35 to 40 miles one way. The rooms were very bright. My mom would have liked the closet space. The dining room was very large. The staff wore uniforms, which I thought was kind of nice. It made it more classy.

April 29, 2014

By Donna80641250

My father is in Westminster. I chose it because I like the way they do their service billing. In other words, you don't have to buy a whole package for assisted living, you can buy what you need, and he didn't need a complete assisted living, he just needs some of it. We like the facility and the staff there very much. Everyone is very accommodating, pleasant, and are very patient with my father. His adaptation is not very easy, and they have been wonderful with that. The rooms are very nice, pleasant, clean, modern, adequate, and safe. They have communal dining, which is very nice. The food is very good and very pleasantly served. They have everything that anyone would want. They have exercise, arts, outings, and there is a lot going on.

December 24, 2013

I think Westminster is more than adequate for my parents. The only thing I have issues with them is all their services are expensive. Nevertheless, my parents' apartment is a nice size. Each room has a safety device that they can activate if they need help. My parents had to use that on a few occasions and since I live about 40 minutes away from them, so they don't have fast access to me. However, they are very prompt and very professional about dealing with it. The staff is really wonderful. I think they do a good job and they're helpful in regards to my parents' needs. They also have all kinds of activities for them, although my parents don't participate in all of them. They're also not really pleased with the food. I would recommend this place. I think it's a very good place especially for folks who are a little bit more independent than what my folks are.

August 28, 2013

By Visitor358

Westminster is a good place. The facility is very nice and clean, but it's just not my mom wanted. The rooms were not what she was used to. We saw their activities and everything was fine.

May 25, 2012

By Eli2

This is a very nice, top notch retirement home located in Greenville, South Carolina right at the base of the foothills mountains in the upstate. The facility is withing walking distance to medical facilities, and several shopping areas and restaurants. Residents are prepared three meals per day from hired chefs, and from talking to my family's friend, he really seems to enjoy the meals provided. The facility also offers a free shuttle service, to take residents on their errands such as grocery shopping or to their medical appointments, as well as a fitness room with lots of exercise equipment, and a game room with a billiards table and tables for working puzzles or other games. The facility also offers a TV room with a nintendo wii, which may be a little tough for older people, but is a nice idea, and a private dining room that can be reserved for special parties of families. This is a very nice facility, with very nice people and is a great quality retirement home.

Questions about Westminster

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Westminster. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Westminster offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Westminster exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Westminster offer to independent living residents?

If Westminster accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Westminster work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Westminster

Photos of Westminster

Services and Amenities of Westminster

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Westminster

Westminster, a retirement community in Austin, is a unique CCRC that offers a new benchmark for CCRCs everywhere. It is combining contemporary design innovation with high-quality health service to create an exciting new era of refined retirement living. Its new amenities are designed to bring residents and their families together to deepen the culture of wellness.

Map of Westminster