The Cascades Verdae

May 16, 2015

I like this place!

May 14, 2015

By Dolores England

They gave us very good care.

April 17, 2015

By Mary Love Jones

I like living at Cascades. I think that everyone is eager to keep us entertained and busy with things to do. Ed keeps us entertained and Sheila and others take care of getting your interested in other things. I'm looking forward to my stay here.

February 18, 2015

By anonymous 54

I had a parent in rehab care. My folks did not want to complain but heard following from them: dirty bathroom- not cleaned regularly (witnessed), did not change sheets in a week, care givers friendly but loud outside rooms, food poor. No therapy on weekends and therapists do not follow schedule. Parents unimpressed with care, will not be recommending and will seek alternate care if needed. Gorgeous facility. Hopefully, Cascades will follow up to remedy their lack of overseeing details to make it the premiere facility they advertise.

At Cascades Verdae, we take concerns regarding our members, employees and community very seriously. Our number one goal every day is to provide excellent care in a stimulating and caring environment. Both our Healthcare Administrator and Executive Director have been made aware of your concerns and will take the necessary actions to respond accordingly. We appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns with a member of our community.

August 13, 2014

By Sharon90333150

My parents will be moving to the Cascades Verdae at the end of the month. We were able to tour the whole facility and it's very clean and nice. The food was good. Everything was really topnotch. They do have activities that I know my parents will be very happy with.

December 30, 2013

By Caring82033850

We give Cascades Verde a 5, but we like the idea of having a long term health insurance and they donÕt have that. The facility is very, very nice. The rooms are beautiful.

February 02, 2013

By unhappy25

The residents are well cared for but still have a few complaints as to why they can't get the service they pay for. Some say they pay a pretty penny to live here and feel like its in vain. The food is iffy, laundry services are ok but could be better. Lack of maintence and upkeep. This place is said to be a family friendly environment but everyone seems to be overworked and very stressed. My grandmother enjoys living there but complains about staff being floated around and her getting someone who doesn't know her from Adam.IF everyone were treated kindly around here and management was more organized then members and staff would enjoy living or working here.

Thank you for your comments. At Cascades Verdae we take concerns like yours very seriously. Our goal is to ensure that our members, their families and our employees are always treated with respect and courtesy. We appreciate you wanting to remain anonymous, however, we do encourage you to reach out to our Executive Director to discuss your concerns further. Your feedback is important to us at Cascades.

November 07, 2012

By williamsonkill

I had read the reviews of C.V. before i arrived and was expecting opulence. The grounds are gorgeous and there are so many things to do from the sauna and exercise room to pools and crafts. I was very excited. The price was extraordinarily high but for the atmosphere i figured it would be worth it. As the tour continued i noticed that the patients wouldn't look at me and the nurses were talking more to each other than the patients. I peeked into a patients room and the furnitutre looked newer but the bathroom was dirty. the floor had 'stuff' on it and the trash was full with bloody tissues. overall not the experience i want my Grandfather to have.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience while touring Cascades Verdae. Our goal is provide a clean and safe living environment for our members, their guest and our employees. The Executive Director for Cascades, would be more than willing to discuss your concerns, however, we understand you wanting to stay anonymous. Again, we appreciate you letting us know your concerns.

September 24, 2012

By EileenC1

We had a very good experience. They were very welcoming, they've greeted us nicely, and they took us around. Cascades Verdae is top of the line. It's a new one, so it look nice, pristine and it was laid out beautifully. It was expensive.

September 12, 2012

By rehab 75

I spent two weeks in Linville Cts rehabing from knee replacement. This is a high quality operation. Food is good, staff is efficient, facilities are excellent.

July 24, 2012

My aunt's room in Cascades Verdae is nice and comfortable. Very homey. The walk-in closet is very spacious and it's connected to the bathroom which is convenient. The bathroom is cleaned thoroughly and maintained well. Very clean, and it also has those safety feature grip handle bars that you could use if you're in a wheelchair. The furniture are quite new and very comfortable, and she also has cable television in the living room. The food there is very tasty, you know it's well prepared and you have a lot to choose from in the daily menu. My aunt is really happy living in Cascades, and they have well trained staff and wonderful residents.Oh, and they always have those fun social activities for the residents too. That's what my aunt is looking forward to as well as the everyday health management programs.

July 10, 2012

By lph1987

Upon entering The Cascades, this first thing I noticed was the pungent smell. It was like a wave hitting me straight in the face and giving me no room to breathe. While I walked the building I came up the realization that it was not cleaned on a daily basis. I noticed several overflowing trash cans, the bathrooms did not have toilet paper or even soap to wash hands with. The staff is very aloof. They seem as if they are there only for a paycheck but do not care about the residents. I saw the staff often just conversing with each other but never with the patients. It is one of the more expensive places in Greenville to go but the quality of care there does not match the money you pay for it. The residents looked very unkempt. It doesn't look as though the staff spend any time making the patients seem respectable or presentable.

Thank you for your feedback. We take concerns of this nature very seriously at Cascades Verdae. Our goal is to always provide a clean and safe environment for our members, their guests and our employees. In addition, our employees are held to the highest standards and should always handle themselves in a professional manner. Our Executive Director has been notified with your concerns. We understand you wanting to stay anonymous, however, if you would like to speak with someone at our community directly, the Executive Director would be more than willing to discuss your concerns over the phone or in person.

Independent Living Reviews for The Cascades Verdae

By Charlie 104

We spent six years thinking about going into a retirement community. We had lived for 31 years at our previous home. We came for 6 years of Lunch and Learns and then decided 14 months ago to make the move to Cascades. About 6 or 7 years prior to moving we decided we liked Cascades better than a local competitor. We came to these Lunch and Learns for 6 years and then decided it was time. We decided this was the best in town as far as a retirement community and came on in. I like the wellness area. I like the great instructions that analyze your total health and give you a program that works for you. You can workout as much or as little as you like. We enjoy the ballroom and all that goes on there. There are many events and concerts. We thought the cost was fair with all that goes on here. In fact with everything here, we get more value than expected. We have made a lot of friends. We have been here 14 months and are slowly getting into more activities. The people who work here are good people and talented. The dining has good chefs.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We love hearing your candid feedback. We are excited that you are enjoying many of our events and wellness programming. Let us know if we can be of any more assistance.

By Greenville Cinderella

My husband and I came to The Cascades partly due to his health issues which forced us to leave our 2-story colonial house in the New York suburbs. We have a son and family who live in this area and we came to look at a community which would be accessible to my husband in a wheelchair and offer activities and a nice lifestyle. We found the Cascades to be more than perfect in fitting those criteria. We have enjoyed meeting the various people- interesting, friendly, outstanding new friends. There are many activities, I like to think something for all interests. One can be busy all day everyday if one chooses to do so. I participate in the wellness program, the chorus, a couple of resident committees, and the many social events. I enjoy the concerts which are brought in here on a regular basis, movies in our own theater, and adventures outside organized by the Cascades staff such as hikes and visits to museums. The support from the new friends here is outstanding.

By Ernestine Elizabeth

Time was running out for us. Friends said come see ,come see and we did. It is a beautiful place and wonderful town of Greenville. We love the fact that our son is so close by. They are friendly, friendly people. The staff is always so accommodating. For my husband, Cascades was a new life. He became involved and I don’t think he is ever going to quit. We both love the setting, the wellness program, the trail,and the activities such as the chorus, bridge, and the various musical programs brought in for entertainment. We also feel the need to reach out to others who are less fortunate than we are. So thank you Cascades.

By CVWonderWoman

My granddaughter introduced me to this community 3 years ago when I was visiting from Va. The activities, the people, the ambiance and everything, just seemed to click. My daughter’s family lived here at the time. Unfortunately they have moved to France. This forced me to get involved immediately as this would be my lifestyle. As a result, I have thoroughly enjoyed my almost 6 months here. My fellow residents are extremely friendly and helpful. The activities are varied and most anything you like to do is available. There are many social events which help us to get involved with other people and make friends. The activities are cultural and educational as well as the physical activities to keep you going.

Nursing Home Reviews for The Cascades Verdae

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Cascades Verdae

July 31, 2014

By Joan90670650

Cascades was a very outstanding community. It was very, very nice. Their setup was a little different than the other facility but it was excellent. They were a little more reserved, a little more laidback than the other facility, but it was very elegant and the food was very good. Everything was up to the same standards as the other facility, but it just was not as active and not as upbeat. Their rooms were very spacious. They were very elegantly appointed. Everything was very clean and very nice. With regards to activities, they do a lot of the same things. What I like best about it was that it's elegant.

December 24, 2013

By Max6

My Mother is currently at the Cascades facility in rehab recoverning from pnumonia. I have nothing put positive remarks and praise for all the physical therapist, nurses, etc. They strive to go above and beyond their job requirements to make sure my Mother is comfortable and to get the assistance see needs. I would certainly recommend this facility to anyone whom is concerned about their loved ones well being.

November 07, 2012

By acpalmtree

My mother was a resident at Cascades Verdae for over 2 years. Her journey took her from independent living, to assisted living and finally to skilled nursing where she passed away in August. I was able to spend the last 6 months with my mother on a daily basis and it distresses me to read the previous review. I found the facility to always be clean, the staff attentive and a truly caring atmosphere. I was mothers companion 10 hours a day and never encountered "nasty" smells. Any trash was emptied on a regular basis in our room and any waste was removed immediately after my mothers needs where cared for. My family and I owe the Cascade community which includes staff as well as other residents our gratitude for making my mothers last years very happy and comfortable.

July 10, 2012

• Pool

• Pharma

• Pets: All Pets

• About The Cascades Verdae

Cascades Verdae is a preferred retirement community in the Greenville, SC area. Located on 32 acres, Cascades Verdae is a full CCRC offering independent living cottages and apartments, assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care with rehabilitation services on site.

With a focus on wellness, Cascades Verdae enjoys a research partnership with Wake Forest University and was a recipient of the 2010 and 2011 Best of the Best Award for wellness programming from the Assisted Living Federation of America. Cascades Verdae is a community for people who wish to live a longer, healthier and happier life.

Featuring a community clubhouse that includes dining services, theater, massage parlor, sauna and salon, pub, Internet cafe, game and activity rooms, multi-media center plus a wellness center with heated indoor pool and exercise equipment, Cascades Verdae offers more social and fun opportunities than one could receive in their current house and at an affordable price. With Cascades Verdae taking care of all the house and lawn upkeep, the paying of bills, the cooking of meals, and the planning and set up of parties and events, members get to spend more time enjoying their family, friends and interests.

Experience Cascades Verdae and experience a maintenance-free lifestyle in a fun and exciting gated community. Living here could indeed impact your life by helping you live a longer, healthier and happier life.

The Cascades management team greatly appreciates feedback on our performance. We strive to deliver exceptional care every day for Members but there is always room for improvement. Continuing to provide additional training and resources for our staff while building a culture of consistently gracious customer service is a significant priority for all of us. To that end, the information gathered from these reviews is invaluable and we thank you for the opportunity to be of service. Please don’t hesitate to drop by and visit us in person… we would love to introduce you to the people who make Cascades such a wonderful place to live and work!

Map of The Cascades Verdae