Haywood Estates

Offers Independent Living

1180 Haywood Rd, Greenville, SC 29615
Haywood Estates (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 15 days

$500.00 Off the First Three Months of Rent (applies November, December, and January rent). The lease must have a sign and physical move-in date by Oct 31, 2021. Ask for details when you tour!

Reviews of Haywood Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Haywood Estates

October 06, 2019

By Sharlotte

We liked Haywood Estates. The apartments were nice and decent sized, and had built-in closets. The dining area was very nice. The lady who took us around was very nice and very friendly to all the people. There didn't seem to be any problems.

July 05, 2019

By RH

Haywood Estates was very nice. We had lunch there, and the people were very nice, but the rooms were too small. They had a pretty good program. It's independent living with three meals a day. The staff was very nice. I had no complaints. The food was good and adequate, but there's nothing special. They had a library.

January 30, 2019

By Deanna B.

This is a Beautiful Community my family and more importantly my mother got a real sense of belonging upon visiting. All the residents and staff are friendly and welcoming. The rooms are spacious and inviting allowing my mother to decorate and bring what she likes to make it feel more like home. The food is excellent with several choices. Tons of activities, day trips, outings, entertainment. I see such an improvement in her quality of life since she has a sense of belonging and tons of friends. Wish I did this years ago when she could have took advantage of there travel program allowing her to visit all of the US and stay and eat for free. This community is like none other I visited and I rest easy knowing my mother is safe and happy among people I feel are like family. Make it a point to put on your list for a visit you will be pleasantly surprised.

Hey Deanna, thank you for taking the time to write such a sweet review. We are so happy to hear that your mother loves living us and that the food, staff, and activities have renewed her sense of belonging!

September 11, 2018

By Karen

I visited Haywood Estates. It was another favorite. I really liked it, and it ticked all the boxes for my father. It was in a good location.

April 29, 2018

By Jack

I'm satisfied with Haywood Estates. My room has quite a bit of space. I have large furniture and some display cases, and it accommodates a large TV and my computer. It's a two-bedroom facility. The food is more than generous. The dining area is very good. It has very comfortable chairs and they're set up four people per table. I just don't like that there are too many people here that really ought to be in a more hospital facility.

April 27, 2017

By Lana121024

Haywood Estates is a good fit for my father-in-law. One of the things that impressed me was that, when we came in, everyone was very happy, not only the people that work there but the people that live there as well. That was a big part of why we chose this particular place. They have a whole array of activities and amenities. Not only was it the best place that we visited, but it is also the most cost effective.

March 07, 2017

Haywood Estates seemed like a very nice place in a nice neighborhood with a pleasant atmosphere. There was a reading room. Some people were coming in to play music as we were leaving. The staff seemed knowledgeable and open. It was a nice visit.

September 30, 2016

By Gaye736151

Mom is at Haywood Estates, and she likes it a lot. The staff is terrific, and they are on top of every request and just try to accommodate you. Her room is very adequate. It’s not home, but she likes it. They have a lot of activities, and she likes it a lot.

September 11, 2016

By Phil884851

Haywood Estates was fairly nice, and I didn’t see anything wrong with it. I met one person and she was nice, I had one meal there, and it was OK. The dining area looked fine, and they had good service. Everybody in there seemed content, but the thing I didn’t like was it was very expensive.

May 10, 2016

By Amy119323150

My grandfather moved into Haywood about a year ago. The staff is awesome and very accommodating. His room is a big one-bedroom with a den, kitchen, and bathroom. They have a movie theater, games played daily, and trips to Walmart and doctors’ appointments once a week. The food is good.

March 28, 2016

By Suzanne P.

Haywood Estates is a very nice, busy, older community with lovely apartments. When we sat down and did the math, we figured out we could not afford it. It’s a very nice facility if you don’t mind being in a very busy area.

August 31, 2015

By Katherine19

I went to Haywood Estates, and the place was very nice, but I just can't afford to stay there. It was wonderful. The staff was great; everybody was wonderful.

August 22, 2015

By Joan112041050

Haywood Estates is what my mother needs. They have three meals a day. They have a laundry facility on each of the three floors, and they provide bed linens and towels. They have games and entertainment. They also have a bus that takes people to the local stores, and they provide transportation to take them to the doctors and to any other appointment.

March 23, 2015

By Tanya7

Haywood Estates is very nice and bright. Every time someone moves in, they take care of things. The food was delicious. It was pretty impressive. We went there twice, and we checked everything. The staff was very friendly and very kind. They have lots of games to play, and they have fitness things and movie nights. It was very cheerful.

June 25, 2014

By Janet2130

Haywood Estates was very nice. We enjoyed ourselves there. The people there were very nice and welcoming; however, my mom and dad aren't ready to go. The rooms were very nice. They were all very clean and updated. They were all good sizes. Every time someone leaves, they clean the carpet, change the window curtains and paint, and they make everything brand new for when you move in. They have one-bedroom-and-one-bath, two-bedroom-and-two-bath, and studio apartments. We had lunch at Haywood Estates, so we were able to meet the wait staff, and they were very friendly. They talked with us for a few minutes; they weren't in a rush. The food was very good. They have an activity room. They have a van where they give you transportation back and forth from doctor's offices and shopping trips, so that was a plus.

May 20, 2014

Haywood Estates is a nice place. It's fine, but it wouldn't suit my mom. She can't live in independent living. It seemed clean. They took me on a tour. I loved the room; the suite was beautiful. They had the kitchenette set up with what she has now with their sink, microwave, and refrigerator. The staff seemed very nice. It was a large facility. I think it was very great.

November 27, 2013

We visited Haywood Estates and we felt it was presented very well. Their personnel seemed to be very knowledgeable and gave us some information that we were not aware of. They have nice open spaces for meetings and gatherings. They also have a library. My only negative with this facility is that there was a certain odor that was not pleasant. If you live in the area, I would recommend this place.

October 28, 2013

By Raymond5

I have a friend who lives in Haywood Estates. He went there after his wife passed away. He was probably there about three months now. It is a very nice place. He enjoys it there very much. He is quite pleased with everything there.

June 12, 2013

By DWatson

My mom has been staying in Haywood Estates for three months now. The facility is very well-kept and very clean. They don't make everything for her but only provided her the essentials. It is not total assistance that she wouldn't have to work her mind at all, so it gives her the ability not to decline as quickly. I saw definite improvement after she moved in there. They have a lot of activities for her. I call her more than she calls me now and that's very encouraging. Whereas before, living in her apartment by herself, she always had time for anything because she never really did anything. Now she got the church activity, she goes shopping with them and she pulled out a big wad of bucks that she got doing some of their bingo contests. I think she is enjoying life. Meals are also provided for her there, so she doesn't forget to eat and I've eaten two or three times with her and the food is good. I enjoyed it.

Questions about Haywood Estates

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Haywood Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Haywood Estates offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Haywood Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Haywood Estates offer to independent living residents?

If Haywood Estates accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Haywood Estates work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Haywood Estates

Photos of Haywood Estates

Services and Amenities of Haywood Estates

• Housing Extra: Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Haywood Estates

Haywood Estates is located in Greenville, SC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Haywood Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Haywood Estates