Brookdale Conway Conway, SC

Reviews of Brookdale Conway

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Conway

May 10, 2014

By Maureen10

Everything about the Emeritus at Conway Place was great. I had no problems with them. It was a very nice place. I liked it. It was like home. The staff was excellent. My husband had his own room. It was fine and big enough for him. The food was good, and the dining room was very nice. He was in there for hospice care for about 90 days. There isn't anything they can improve on. It was an excellent place, so I was impressed with it.

May 10, 2014

By Eleanor5

The rooms at Emeritus at Conway Place were very small, and I think they need to improve the size of their units. The food is excellent.

January 28, 2014

By Caring Son9

It may have been a bad day but I did not feel the warmth of the staff when we visited for an evening meal. It seemed cold and impersonal like we were just another face.

November 21, 2013

By Betty B.1

Emeritus was nice and clean. It had a little homey feel to it and the room was a nice size and pretty much had what my mom would need. That would have been the place I would have chosen. The facilities were great. I would have loved just to have Mommy in there but I just could not afford it.

June 26, 2013

My mom is currently staying at Emeritus at Conway Place. It is a very clean facility. I like this place for my mom because of the size of it, there are only 40 residents staying there. My mom is still trying to adapt but she is doing well. The people are very friendly and the staff is very good. However, I would like for them to have more staff and services for assisting residents who are losing their sight. My mom is losing hers, so it would be nice if she can have assistance to get around and enjoy the different activities that they offer.

June 19, 2013

By Lorraine10

They were nice. They took us to a room. They told us about their programs and the cost.

October 07, 2012

By ShieldsH

Emeritus at Conway Place was highly recommended. We have friends in there. They have a get-acquainted-program. It's a very nice facility. The people are very caring and very friendly. I run the voting polls in one of our county and I know they bring the folks down to vote. They're very active. It's an excellent place.

Questions about Brookdale Conway

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Conway. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Seniors that enjoy this season of their life with purpose and joy. Average Age: 65 -95 Favorite things to do: Bingo, Horse Racing, crafts, music, Daily exercise, field trips, community trips, community appreciation projects

What programs or activities does Brookdale Conway offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Brookdale Fitness Be-fit, Brookdale BrainFit, Ageless Spirit, Optimum Life Health Talks, Brookdale Celebrates, My Life Story, Facilitated Group programs, Self -Directed Endeavors, Resident Driven Clubs, External Partnerships, Optimum Life, Continueing Education Series, Brookdale Wishes, Optimum Life Webinars

What places are near Brookdale Conway or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Shopping, restaurants, Parks

What transportation services does Brookdale Conway offer to assisted living residents?

Medical Appointments, Bus with Wheel Chair accessible), Comfortable Mini Van, community outings,

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Conway exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

“Made from Scratch”: all meals Fresh baked goods in-house: includes rolls, cakes, pies, and other deserts Fresh Approach: “Choice” grade meats Garnish program: enhances the appearance of each plate for eye appeal “We Say Yes”: We do everything we can to accommodate their request Request and Suggestions: All reasonable resident request are honored within 10 days Food Committee and Menu Chat: Weekly resident gathering to share idea’s, recipe’s as well as resident’s preferences Optimum Life Menu: Daily menu’s offer nutritious foods with insignia to identify clearly items lower in salt, fat, and cholesterol in compliance with the American Heart Association. Menu Manager: Award Winning” web based program to ensure we provide nutritionally balanced menus that offer variety and include resident favorites Signature Seasonings: Seasonings created in house compliment the flavor of food without increasing sodium

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Conway offer to assisted living residents?

Call System: in each room (including the bathrooms) that staff hears throughout the entire community that increases response time. Building Sign-in And Visitor Badge: Each visitor signs in and must wear visitor badge to keep track of all visitors Fire System: Sprinkler system throughout building. Each Sprinkler head individualized to activate only when needed to prevent unnecessary activation where residents are not in immediate danger allowing for faster evacuation. Fire Exit Doors: all fire exits are locked to prevent outside- in entrance allowing lock free emergency exit. When alarmed emergency exit doors are opened from the inside an alarm goes off that is received immediately by each Nurse aide in the building to increase immediate response to address the opened emergency door

How does Brookdale Conway keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

we adhere to an interdisciplinary approach to identify and help residents who are deemed at risk for emerging new or different care needs. EVERY Brookdale staff member works together to communicate regarding resident well being

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Conway during daytime and nighttime hours?

In South Carolina, the state’s regulation mandates a minimum of one (1) associate per eight (8) residents between the hours of 7am and 7pm. Between 7pm and 7am, one (1) associate per thirty (30) residents is mandated. Our staffing schedule meets and exceeds these requirements.

If Brookdale Conway accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

One small pet is welcomed. There is a large grassed area outside for walking as well as an arbor and seating for enjoyment. A walking sidewalk goes completely around the building also.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Brookdale requires continuous monthly training from several avenues. Brookdale has profession/job specific as well as general tested education through their online webinars system

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Conway provide to protect residents who wander?

Brookdale Conway is designed specifically with Memory issues in mind. The building presents itself in a square. No matter what direction you turn out of the apartment, the hall leads to all spaces such as Dining, activities, library, hair salon, etc

Photos of Brookdale Conway

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: DHEC

About Brookdale Conway

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Set on acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard, lovely gardens and walking trails. Located close to State Road S-26-1121 and Highway 544, our retirement living community is conveniently located in a rural area, near Coastal Carolina University, shopping and banks. Several medical facilities are close by, including Conway Medical Center and a nursing home rehabilitation facility if ever needed. We are also only 3 miles from the historic waterfront, and downtown Conway with its museums, theatre, restaurants and shopping. And the beautiful Myrtle Beach coast is only 15 miles from our community.

Map of Brookdale Conway