Wildewood Downs

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

731 Polo Road, Columbia, SC 29223
Wildewood Downs (803) 788-5115

Reviews of Wildewood Downs

Assisted Living Reviews for Wildewood Downs

June 17, 2016

By Violet164186

I was impressed with Wildewood Downs but it's a little bit pricey. The staff was very friendly and helpful in answering questions. It was very clean. I liked the fact that it had different levels of accommodations, whether you need independent living or assisted living or memory care. They do field trips but don't have a pool. They have planned activities for the residents and an exercise room.

September 06, 2015

Wildewood Downs was a very nice facility, and they had a lot of amenities. I thought it was well worth looking at. The rooms were excellent. However, it was too spread out for my mother, but it was very nice.

October 17, 2014

By Caring100420650

My mother was at Wildewood Downs Retirement. It’s lovely, and it’s well appointed. I knew that it was a place she would enjoy and she did. She was in independent-living for almost 3 years, then went into assisted living and then she passed 3 years ago. You could decorate the rooms the way you wanted to. They provided basic furniture if you didn’t want to bring in your own things which we did. We furnished my mother’s 2-bedrooom apartment and used some of those things in her room in assisted-living. The food is excellent. They have a chef, so there was quality food and in independent, they serve you like a restaurant. You have choices at dinner. There were 3 meals, and they were well-balanced and appealing. I would be over there often since I live nearby. They were caring and paid good attention to the patient. She had told us that she was very happy where she was, made friends, and enjoyed playing bridge or just doing whatever. They had the usual bingo, and they had puzzles out to do. They took the residents out to eat at a restaurant. Whatever the holiday was, they did special things and brought in people to perform for them or to talk to them. Many of the residents in independent-living want to go to the symphony or the theater, so they provided transportation taking them to the event and returning them. They have exercise several times a week. I have friends who’ve done rehab there. I had my knee replaced, so I chose to go to Wildewood Downs because my mother was there. I got excellent care because I knew the rehab people. I was there 2 weeks. I would say it was excellent. The people would go get her to bring her up to the lunch room to have lunch with me. That was the kind of atmosphere it was.

July 31, 2014

By Al12

Wildewood Downs Retirement would be one of my favorite choices. The staff had very good attitude and we were very pleased with it. The homes were very nice. They had a one-bedroom, two-bedrooms, and three-bedrooms. It is in a very quiet area. It is not too far from the golf course, Wildewood Country Club. And, the meals were excellent.

April 14, 2013

By ET154

Wildewood Downs is a very nice and very clean facility. It seemed to fit our needs, and it was also closer to my grandmother's home. She gets her hair done, they go to church, and they have all other kinds of activities. The staff is very good and they seem to be doing a good job. But they could use more help. I would still recommend them to others.

November 18, 2011

By raw67

The facility was very good and they served good food. They seemed to experience a high turn-over with their personnel, so the quality of care was inconsistent. My mother was there for app 6 weeks and I visited everyday. During that time a intestinal virus circulated thru the entire facility to include frequent visitors (like me) which caused me to miss work for several days. They were very quick to discharge my mother once Medicare reached it limit.

October 24, 2011

By Shannon1

Wildewood Downs is an extraordinary option for senior living. The community provides all levels of healthcare including: independent living, assisted living, rehabilitation services, care for Alzheimer and dementia patients and 24 hour nursing care. The campus consists of modern, elegant homes and apartments and a nursing facility. The environment of the facility is warm, friendly, and compassionate. The staff meets the needs and expectations of the residents exceedingly, and cares for each patient as if they are their own parents and relatives. Skilled nurses and physicians are on site and available 24 hours a day. Recreation is also provided to keep the residents busy during the day and evening. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is served three times a day, and independent residents have the option of cooking for themselves in their own homes. Residents are able to be cared for and monitored without inconveniencing their families in any way. Their families gain a peace of mind knowing that their loved ones are in good hands. Families of the residents are always welcome and are encouraged to participate in the planning of the residents' care and rehabilitation.

June 09, 2011

By anonymousll

Friend or relative of resident

As a member of the Wildewood Downs extended family I would like to share my experiences and personal notes. I needed to find an assisted living facility for my mother, who needed help with bathing and meds. I knew she would not be happy unless we could locate a setting where she would be encouraged to be as independent as possible and luckily we discovered Wildewood Downs. The property is in the beautiful, northeastern region of Columbia, SC and is only a 90 minute drive from my home in Aiken. This is a wonderful area of the city and I never have had to wonder about my mother's safety and security. Now my mom has the personal help she needs on a daily basis, and she still maintains an active and involved life. The grounds are absolutely stunning and at every visit I am greeted by happy residents and friendly staff members. This is why I consider myself to be a member of this senior community. I always feel at home when I am visiting. I can not say enough about the care and dedication of the staff. On one occasion my mother had fallen and I was quickly notified even though she had not been injured. One of the caregivers updates our family on a regular basis which is also very much appreciated. This keeps us in the loop so we always know how our mom is doing. The facility is sparkling clean and reminds me of an elegant county club. With lots of activities, the freedom to travel and on-call emergency assistance always available my mother is content and happy. This makes everyone else in our family happy and content as well.

Independent Living Reviews for Wildewood Downs

• State Licenses: CRC-2091

About Wildewood Downs

wildewood-downs.com

Columbia's Premier Continuing Care Retirement Community

Experience luxury senior living at Wildewood Downs of Columbia, South Carolina.

Members of our community enjoy premier accommodations, robust social programming, restaurant-style fine dining, industry-leading care services, and an award-winning wellness program.

Most importantly, our community is built for our Members, and everything we do is geared toward helping them live Longer, Healthier, Happier lives.

As a continuing care retirement community, or CCRC, Wildewood Downs takes care of our Members throughout the entire journey of aging. Our living options include Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing. We also offer Short-Term Rehab Services on site. This means that unlike other communities, ourMembers never have to worry about moving again. They will be taken care of no matter how their needs change.

Our Senior Living Options

Independent Living: Independent Living is designed for seniors who benefit from a maintenance-free lifestyle but need little to no outside assistance. Our Independent Living community offers both cottage homes and villa apartments.

Assisted Living: Assisted Living provides Members assistance with the activities of daily living (ADLs) in an environment geared toward maximizing their independence. Our Members receive personalized care based on their individual needs and goals.

Memory Care: Memory Care offers specialized support for Members with Alzheimer’s and dementia. At our community, every caregiver is a Certified Dementia Practitioner. We focus on helping our Members live a high quality of life and meet them where they’re at both physically and mentally.

Skilled Nursing: Skilled Nursing provides Members with person-centered support from a team of top-tier medical professionals. We offer around-the-clock care and monitoring, as well as uncompromising attention to Member needs, in an elegant environment.

Short-Term Rehab: Short-Term Rehab offers Members extraordinary results in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Our partnership with Genesis Rehab Services allows us to achieve outcomes that exceed the national average.

Our dedicated team members have a proven track record for success and know the importance of establishing a lifestyle that allows members to live longer, happier, healthier lives. Our number one goal is to provide an environment that encourages an independent lifestyle for all our members.

Map of Wildewood Downs