Ashley Park

Reviews of Ashley Park

Independent Living Reviews for Ashley Park

December 28, 2015

By Corteria

The residents that I spoke to at The Ashley Park actually sold that place for me. The only concern that I found was the parking. At the moment, I am severely handicapped because of back surgery, and it's going to take several years for me to get better. However, I really liked that place. I saw a one-bedroom apartment that was bigger than what I saw at the other place I visited. It had a bedroom, a living room, and a little kitchen. We sat with two residents of that facility who told us so much about their lives, and they were very friendly. The lady next to me said, "Move up to the third floor because we party all the time. Move up there with us." I said to my sister when we left, "You know that table and the table next to us sold me on that place." Even though I would have a problem with the parking, I would move in there.

October 15, 2015

I visited Ashley Park. It was wonderful, it was friendly, and it was awesome. The staff is great, friendly, and very helpful. The one bedroom was small, but the two-bedroom was fantastic; it was big with a big balcony and plenty of space. It was very expensive though. I had a meal with them, and it was wonderful and fun. The dining area was gorgeous and clean, and there were chandeliers everywhere. We talked with several residents, and they all seemed happy. It was a real nice environment. They had an activities room, they had things signed up for the afternoon, and they have crafts class.

June 19, 2015

By John103641550

The Ashley Park is part of the Holiday Retirement. We had lunch there, and the food was fantastic. It was just a very pleasing meal. Everything was great, but it was a tad on the expensive side. It was an excellent place, and I could move in there tomorrow. I'm not going to, but I was very much impressed. We looked at a living room and bedroom combination. It was adequate and smaller than what we have right now, but it is one of the reasons you want to move. They are fairly busy, and they had a whole month's program up on the board. Every day was filled up, so there are lots of activities. Cleanliness was very good. I could move in tomorrow because it is everything you'd ever want, but it is expensive. So I got to figure out if I can afford it. I didn't see anything they need to improve except to cut down on the cost. That would be a nice thing to do.

November 11, 2014

By Sarah35

Ashley Park was wonderful; I loved it. The staff was very friendly, and it was a wonderful location. The rooms were very nice. The food was the only thing I was a little disappointed in, but I know they were on a balanced diet. The dining area was nice. Most of the residents looked happy.

August 25, 2014

Ashley Park was wonderful. Everybody was enthused about what they were doing and it seemed like they enjoyed their job. They have Bingo and throw-the-ball; they do church services; they have outside activities where they go places -- those are just a few of the activities that I can remember. I liked that everything was inclusive and that they didn't have to go outside to eat. Their three meals are prepared by a qualified chef. Someone comes into the rooms to take care of the linens and to clean it up whereas my mom and dad would have to do it all the time by themselves. The rooms were very nice and spacious. I know the manager is pretty hospitable. They were welcoming and everything -- they made sure that we had the opportunity to see everything. I got a follow-up call from them last week to see how the visit was and to know if they could assist me with anything else or how they could be of service to us. Everything about this place was very nice.

July 09, 2014

My mother lived at Ashley Park. When she died, we got a nice card from them. We've been gone for two years. I stopped by there to let them know that my mother had passed, and then later I got a card. They sent me some more pictures of them with my mother. It was only because my mother lost her sight that we moved her, but she loved it there. I was impressed. The CNAs and the ladies who were there are good. The only thing is that they not only care for the patients, they handed out the food. They were going in the kitchen, getting the plates, and bringing the plates back out. They were dispensing medicine. These folks who are not making that much money are pretty much doing everything. That place was exceptional.

April 22, 2014

By Caring72012450

The one I liked the most was Ashley Park. It was very nice; it was just like a very nice resort hotel. The food was prepared by a chef. I ate there, and the food was outstanding. The staff was great. There was a new couple who had not been there very long, and they were running the place. I really liked them very much. They had a couple of activity rooms and a library. She said they would take them shopping in the van, and they had all kinds of things planned all the time, so they had a lot going on. You would never get bored if you want something to do there.

December 23, 2013

By LH1

What I didn't like about Ashley Park is that it's 185 miles from here; it is out of town. Also I didn't like that there was no continuum of care there. It was just a retirement community. But as far as the facility goes, it is a nice facility. They have different sizes of apartments that you can choose from and they have a calendar of activities for their residents. The best thing about it was that I know that my dad knows people there. Also Charleston is still familiar to him, so he is still in an area where he has friends and his church. Another thing I like about it was that he is getting meals there. When we found out about the meal plans, I believe this is something that my dad could take advantage of. However, the food I thought was a little unusual for that age group. Dad even mentioned that there were things on the menu that he had never heard of but he ate it and he liked it.

July 31, 2013

By Kristine6

The staff at Ashley Park was accommodating and their food was good. They also had a lot of activities. However, their apartments mostly had one bedroom and we were interested in two-bedroom apartments.

June 25, 2013

By jt3s2000

My mom has been living in Ashley Park for about a year. It's very clean, of decent size and the food is okay. The only difference is you have to bring the services in and that's what we've elected to do because my mother seemed very happy there. They do provide the meals and some house cleaning services but the level of care is only for independent living.

Costs for Ashley Park

Photos of Ashley Park

Services and Amenities of Ashley Park

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Ashley Park

Ashley Park is located in Charleston, SC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Ashley Park for a visit...and stay!

Map of Ashley Park