Ashley Park

Reviews of Ashley Park

Independent Living Reviews for Ashley Park

December 28, 2018

By EJ

Ashley Park was OK, but I don't really see my loved one being happy there because she's too young. She wouldn't want to see a bunch of people lying around or in their wheelchairs. The interior was kind of dated. It's clean although there was some sort of a musty smell going through the hallways. It was very organized, but it had a very institutionalized feel. The staff who accommodated us during the tour was fine, I had no problems with them. I didn't see anything going on while I was there, but they had a board with listed activities. It was very clear that they don't put any money into the interior of the apartments. They looked like they were from 1985. The activities were great. They need to update their apartments.

June 28, 2018

By Mary

Ashley Park was clean. The staff during the tour was very friendly and very informative. I was a little disappointed in what they call their gym. It didn't have a treadmill. They had a game room and an activity area. They also showed me a board where you could sign out to do different things and another board if you needed transportation to places or doctors' appointments.

March 07, 2017

By Ann626571

Ashley Park was a beautiful, well-kept facility with wonderful staff. I think my mom would be very comfortable there.

Hi Ann, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Ashley Park. We appreciate your kind words and are so happy we could meet your expectations. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. Have a great day!

October 27, 2016

By Turpin

Ashley Park sounds good to me. The rooms were nice. It was home-cooked meals. Everything was excellent. I think the price was probably right, but it was a little high.

October 06, 2016

By Rey352873

I have a client, and Ashley Park would have been a very good option. It was older, but it seemed to be a well-maintained, clean, and inviting atmosphere. I had a favorable impression of the facility. The facility was clean, everything seemed to operate and seemed to be new and in order. I saw a 1-bedroom; it was nice, clean, and furnished.

December 28, 2015

By Kay E.

Ashley Park was an older place but very clean. You have access to all of the amenities and physical therapy if you need it. They had laundry service, which we thought was very good, plus washers and dryers with which you could do your laundry. They would come in once a week and change sheets. They have two couples that live on the premises who are the managers. It’s very different from a lot of the other places. They have memory care unit. They also had a bus that came three times a week, twice for grocery shopping and other times for the bank, and they will take you to doctors' offices, also. They have a very nice exercise ladies lady that comes in. Their package includes three meals a day. They showed us different rooms: one was a studio apartment which was rather small, a one-bedroom apartment, and a two-bedroom apartment that were all very nicely furnished. You can bring in your own furniture or you can rent theirs. It was a very nice place with lots of activities.

December 28, 2015

By Corteria

The residents that I spoke to at The Ashley Park actually sold that place for me. The only concern that I found was the parking. At the moment, I am severely handicapped because of back surgery, and it's going to take several years for me to get better. However, I really liked that place. I saw a one-bedroom apartment that was bigger than what I saw at the other place I visited. It had a bedroom, a living room, and a little kitchen. We sat with two residents of that facility who told us so much about their lives, and they were very friendly. The lady next to me said, "Move up to the third floor because we party all the time. Move up there with us." I said to my sister when we left, "You know that table and the table next to us sold me on that place." Even though I would have a problem with the parking, I would move in there.

October 15, 2015

I visited Ashley Park. It was wonderful, it was friendly, and it was awesome. The staff is great, friendly, and very helpful. The one bedroom was small, but the two-bedroom was fantastic; it was big with a big balcony and plenty of space. It was very expensive though. I had a meal with them, and it was wonderful and fun. The dining area was gorgeous and clean, and there were chandeliers everywhere. We talked with several residents, and they all seemed happy. It was a real nice environment. They had an activities room, they had things signed up for the afternoon, and they have crafts class.

June 19, 2015

By John103641550

The Ashley Park is part of the Holiday Retirement. We had lunch there, and the food was fantastic. It was just a very pleasing meal. Everything was great, but it was a tad on the expensive side. It was an excellent place, and I could move in there tomorrow. I'm not going to, but I was very much impressed. We looked at a living room and bedroom combination. It was adequate and smaller than what we have right now, but it is one of the reasons you want to move. They are fairly busy, and they had a whole month's program up on the board. Every day was filled up, so there are lots of activities. Cleanliness was very good. I could move in tomorrow because it is everything you'd ever want, but it is expensive. So I got to figure out if I can afford it. I didn't see anything they need to improve except to cut down on the cost. That would be a nice thing to do.

November 11, 2014

By Sarah35

Ashley Park was wonderful; I loved it. The staff was very friendly, and it was a wonderful location. The rooms were very nice. The food was the only thing I was a little disappointed in, but I know they were on a balanced diet. The dining area was nice. Most of the residents looked happy.

August 25, 2014

Ashley Park was wonderful. Everybody was enthused about what they were doing and it seemed like they enjoyed their job. They have Bingo and throw-the-ball; they do church services; they have outside activities where they go places -- those are just a few of the activities that I can remember. I liked that everything was inclusive and that they didn't have to go outside to eat. Their three meals are prepared by a qualified chef. Someone comes into the rooms to take care of the linens and to clean it up whereas my mom and dad would have to do it all the time by themselves. The rooms were very nice and spacious. I know the manager is pretty hospitable. They were welcoming and everything -- they made sure that we had the opportunity to see everything. I got a follow-up call from them last week to see how the visit was and to know if they could assist me with anything else or how they could be of service to us. Everything about this place was very nice.

July 09, 2014

My mother lived at Ashley Park. When she died, we got a nice card from them. We've been gone for two years. I stopped by there to let them know that my mother had passed, and then later I got a card. They sent me some more pictures of them with my mother. It was only because my mother lost her sight that we moved her, but she loved it there. I was impressed. The CNAs and the ladies who were there are good. The only thing is that they not only care for the patients, they handed out the food. They were going in the kitchen, getting the plates, and bringing the plates back out. They were dispensing medicine. These folks who are not making that much money are pretty much doing everything. That place was exceptional.

April 22, 2014

By Caring72012450

The one I liked the most was Ashley Park. It was very nice; it was just like a very nice resort hotel. The food was prepared by a chef. I ate there, and the food was outstanding. The staff was great. There was a new couple who had not been there very long, and they were running the place. I really liked them very much. They had a couple of activity rooms and a library. She said they would take them shopping in the van, and they had all kinds of things planned all the time, so they had a lot going on. You would never get bored if you want something to do there.

December 23, 2013

By LH1

What I didn't like about Ashley Park is that it's 185 miles from here; it is out of town. Also I didn't like that there was no continuum of care there. It was just a retirement community. But as far as the facility goes, it is a nice facility. They have different sizes of apartments that you can choose from and they have a calendar of activities for their residents. The best thing about it was that I know that my dad knows people there. Also Charleston is still familiar to him, so he is still in an area where he has friends and his church. Another thing I like about it was that he is getting meals there. When we found out about the meal plans, I believe this is something that my dad could take advantage of. However, the food I thought was a little unusual for that age group. Dad even mentioned that there were things on the menu that he had never heard of but he ate it and he liked it.

July 31, 2013

By Kristine6

The staff at Ashley Park was accommodating and their food was good. They also had a lot of activities. However, their apartments mostly had one bedroom and we were interested in two-bedroom apartments.

June 25, 2013

By jt3s2000

My mom has been living in Ashley Park for about a year. It's very clean, of decent size and the food is okay. The only difference is you have to bring the services in and that's what we've elected to do because my mother seemed very happy there. They do provide the meals and some house cleaning services but the level of care is only for independent living.

Questions about Ashley Park

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Ashley Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Ashley Park offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Ashley Park exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Ashley Park offer to independent living residents?

If Ashley Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Ashley Park work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Ashley Park

Photos of Ashley Park

Services and Amenities of Ashley Park

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Ashley Park

Ashley Park is located in Charleston, SC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Ashley Park for a visit...and stay!

Map of Ashley Park