Summit Place of Anderson

Reviews of Summit Place of Anderson

Assisted Living Reviews for Summit Place of Anderson

September 15, 2016

By the Alzheimer's dancer

My husband was a resident of Summit Place of Anderson a little over a year ago. I was very happy with the care he received. He was in the memory care unit until he passed. My daughter and I would stop in at all times of the day or night. The staff that took care of him were wonderful to him and to us. As it happens when you have employees not every one has a residents well being high on there agenda. But at Summit Place of Anderson if I had any issue it was addressed and taken care of immediately. Most of the workers are wonderful caring people. The night my husband passed several that were on duty that night cried with us.

August 24, 2016

By Tony670326

I visited Summit. The staff was nice and showed me around. The room was adequate. The common dining area was OK. However, it was too far for me to drive.

August 23, 2016

My husband is in the Summit Place. He seems to be well cared for. I think the accommodation is comfortable for him. He has a nice bed, a nice chair, and a private room. So, it is very comfortable for him. He is happy, and that’s what counts. I think that he participates in some of the singing.

July 27, 2016

By Justine455286

I really liked the look of Summit Place. We heard negative reviews from a couple of friends, but the people were very nice and very accommodating. The rooms were beautiful. They had a calendar of activities, which seemed pretty varied.

August 27, 2015

By Chet1

The staff was very friendly and helpful during my visit at Summit Place. It's a beautiful place, and it?s like a home. I like that they have everything I needed, but just very far from where I live.

January 29, 2015

Summit Place of Anderson was very pleasant and clean, and we've had a better look at it lately because we visited our neighbors who moved there. The rooms were quite adequate. The staff were very qualified and were able to answer your questions. The monthly calendar that's up on the wall has everything. They have movie afternoons and parties.

October 16, 2014

By Sharon94581750

Summit Place is literally across the street from where I live. It was very nice, but I didn't like the entrance way. The nurse was OK, but I didn't really warm up to her. She sort of rubbed me the wrong way. Their facility was nice. With regards to activities, they had baby dolls. They had the common eating area. Their layout was kind of a nautical-type theme in the memory care. The room that I saw was not any larger than the one in the other facility I saw.

May 08, 2014

By Tha

Other

I think Summit Place is an excellent facility. I would recommend this facility to anyone. All facilities have unhappy and happy families. I know first hand because my loved one has been there for a while and is given excellent care. The caregivers and managers have always responded promptly to any questions, or concerns I may have had. My mother passed away in memory care and was treated exceptionally well. Some of the caregivers complained about her being there and would tell me " she needs to be in a nursing home" but with the caring staff, DON and hospice my mom was able to be at home; as she wanted from the beginning. All the managers and their entities, was always helpful. Placing a loved one in a facility is a difficult thing to do and Summit Place provided reassurance that I needed the entire way. It's hard to find caregivers that are working because they care and want to help. All the caregivers display a caring touch and always makes you feel like your loved one is the only one there. Summit Place....... Thanks for all that you did for my mom!!!!

July 05, 2012

By mystateofconfusion

This is an Assisted Living/Alzheimer's Care Facility. I could not find any reviews on it, but checked out the other facilities in the area that had reviews and decided that this was the best facility for my mother. I researched everything. My mother started in the Alzheimer's area after having been released from the hospital and the nursing home from a bought with a UTI and bowel impaction. We then moved her about a 1 1/2 months ago to Summit Place and she has been given excellent care. After she was in the Alzheimer's area, she started to get a little better so they told us they thought she would do better in the Assisted Living, so we moved her, and she is very happy there. She is social and active, although her Lewy Body Dementia flares up quite a bit. We appreciate the love and caring they give her there. The facility is clean, updated, and very nice. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Memory Care Reviews for Summit Place of Anderson

Questions about Summit Place of Anderson

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All managers and staff are dementia certified. Yearly refresher for seasoned employees. All have been through the Virtual Dementia tour.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Summit Place of Anderson. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average resident age is 80 years old. Some of their favorite things to do is movie night, trips to the apple orchard, local plays, antique shopping, playing cards, crafts and of course bingo.

What programs or activities does Summit Place of Anderson offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer fitness and devotion every morning. We have a wide variety of books to choose from and a great area out back to take a nice walk.

What places are near Summit Place of Anderson or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have the local YMCA, Anderson Univ. Local playhouse, restaurants, shopping, grocery stores, Lake Hartwell and Movie theaters, all within 5 miles of our community.

What transportation services does Summit Place of Anderson offer to assisted living residents?

We have transportation on Tuesdays and Thursdays for Doctors Visits and scheduled trips to the local Walgreens or Walmart.

What makes the chef or dining program at Summit Place of Anderson exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have a wide variety of options to choose from, Chef salad, homemade pimento-cheese, hamburger, hot dog and a standard menu with a choice of protein and vegetables. Grilled steak night and other fun treats are all apart of the experience.

What safety features or security measures does Summit Place of Anderson offer to assisted living residents?

All doors are locked and secure by a certain time every day. Staff does safety checks throughout the night, doors and residents. Each resident wears a pendent that can be pushed for immediate help. Local sheriff patrol area and we have over 35 lamps to light up our parking areas and cottages.

How does Summit Place of Anderson keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We keep families informed by phone calls, email and letters. It really depends on the preferred communication of the family.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Summit Place of Anderson during daytime and nighttime hours?

1 to 8 during the day and 1 to 30 during the night.

If Summit Place of Anderson accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly for our furry friends to visit but only our Independent Living residents can have a pet live with them. All cottages have a back yard area that is great for dogs or cats.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Relias that encompasses all areas of Assisted living. Proper Lifting, CPR, Dementia Training, Fire prevention, Fire drills , Medtech certification, etc...

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

4 during the day and 2 at night

What safety features or security measures does Summit Place of Anderson provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secured Memory Care and staff that is here 24 hours a day.

What programs or activities does Summit Place of Anderson offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have memory stations throughout and all of our activities are designed to keep them active.

Initial assessment is performed by Wellness Director upon admission and then reassessed quarterly

What techniques does Summit Place of Anderson use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We have colored plates and cups to help them see better and staff in the dining room with them during mealtimes to keep them engaged,

How does Summit Place of Anderson keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Summit Place of Anderson. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

It is very private and does not have a lot of traffic on the road. Nice place to take a stroll

Is Summit Place of Anderson affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

No but the local hospital works well with us and more than meets our needs. They are a phone call away.

Photos of Summit Place of Anderson

Services and Amenities of Summit Place of Anderson

• Detached Homes
  • Housing Extra: Furnished Guest Apartment

• Dining Extra: Private Dining, Chef Spotlight

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: CRC-1151

About Summit Place of Anderson

Live the good life at Summit Place of Anderson, where desired amenities and world-class services excite our residents and provide a rewarding, enriching lifestyle. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living. You can be assured that our Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Anderson, South Carolina, provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment. Our multiple floor plans feature emergency call buttons for safety and mini-blinds on all windows for privacy. The community boasts two private spas and onsite physical therapy services for comfort and convenience.

Map of Summit Place of Anderson