Springfield Senior Living Wyndmoor, PA

Reviews of Springfield Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Springfield Senior Living

May 22, 2017

By boobookitty17

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone . The food is horrible yes the place looks nice but the staff can be unprofessional all the administrator does is lie they make u wait weeks before someone fix something that needs fixing always short staffed and the memory care floor is like a prison . My family member lived here for 9mo before her passing. She died from malnutrition and bed sores. Coming in she only had stage 2 dementia . This is not a good environment

April 26, 2017

By Samuel636530

I was at Springfield briefly for about three weeks last year. I felt that it was not the proper place for me at that time. It was more of a setting for people who needed intensive care, which I did not identify with. The staff was satisfactory. They had breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and special indoor events once a week. I had an adequately sized one-bedroom apartment. They didn't offer a lot of amenities for an independent person.

March 29, 2017

By SH488340

We toured Springfield Senior Living. The main floor was nice, and the common area was very nice. The woman who runs the place said they spent absolutely no money whatsoever outside of that common area, so the rooms, the floors, and the kitchen were horrible. I thought I was in a hospital that had gone bad. It was really bad. The staff was nice, though. Some people were watching television, but that was about it. Nothing was going on.

February 09, 2017

By Betty674237

I liked Springfield because their apartments were very large and they did different events. They had a men's club wherein the men got together to play pool. They went out to dinner once a month and had quite a few activities. They had a shuttle service, rehab on-site, and physical therapy. We saw one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments, which were the largest rooms that we had seen.

February 02, 2017

By Mary024421

We chose Springfield Senior Living for my husband. The place smells fine and the lobby is attractive, but its an older place. The very first day that he was there, there were issues. There were a lot of things that I was told and reassured that turned out not to be the case. They also lack communication as it was difficult for me to get answers to questions. They have a lot of activities, like current event discussions, trivia, Scrabble, local outings, and poker. The food quality is not good.

October 21, 2016

By Elaine361168

I didn't like the atmosphere at Springfield. I didn't like that we had to park too far away, and I didn't like the outside because it wasn't aesthetically pleasing to my eye. When you walked in, it was OK, and the rooms were OK. I know someone whose parent lived there; I asked her if she was pleased, and she said she was, but aesthetically, I was not pleased with it. The staff was very nice and pleasant. I had no problems with the caregivers at all. They do breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

January 26, 2016

By JW5

My father is in Springfield Residence. They're very kind, caring, and always have the patient's best interest at heart. They do a real good job. It's a very nice place to live in, and it's newly renovated. He's in the Memory Care unit, and the dining room he is eating in is not that nice yet, as they're remodeling. He's very active in all of the activities, and he seems to be enjoying himself. What impressed me most is the overall care, and their genuine concern for him.

October 11, 2013

By SE

We chose the Springfield Residence because of my uncle's specific purposes. He wanted to have his own individual room. It was spacious and he was happy there. The staff was wonderful, they were caring, connected, and in tuned with what was going on with him. They helped maintain his medical integrity. He seemed happy with the food, he enjoyed it. They had a very nice dining room, it was open, and there were good meals. He seemed like he was pleased to be there.

September 12, 2012

By aharasewych

What a beautiful location. Always with fun events for residents, hobbies and crafts to work on, and access top notch nursing staff, as well as a 4 star dining menu. Library, garden, easy access to public transportation and shuttle services too!

Independent Living Reviews for Springfield Senior Living

Questions about Springfield Senior Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Springfield Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age for Springfield Senior Living’s community is 70+. Our residents especially enjoy cocktail hour. Bingo is always a big hit as well! The bell choir is also an important tribute with a performance scheduled December 28th

What programs or activities does Springfield Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Springfield Senior Living has extensive programming to accommodate each of our residents, such as community singing, Zumba, gardening and religious services.

What places are near Springfield Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Historic Chestnut Hill is within walking distance from our enchanting campus which features many restaurants, culture, recreation, education and entertainment including Holidays on the Hill and Home and Garden festivals.

What transportation services does Springfield Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Springfield Senior Living provides transportation for any errands, doctor’s appointments, etc. In addition, residents enjoy group outings one to two times per week (weather permitting).

What makes the chef or dining program at Springfield Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our diverse menu features a variety of items each day such as fluffy blueberry pancakes for breakfast, lunch of seared chopped steak, home cooked vegetable soup, garden fresh salad and baked cod for dinner. Don’t forget dessert with coffee or tea! Fruits and snacks are also always available throughout the day.

What safety features or security measures does Springfield Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Springfield Senior Living provides 24 hours service at front desk. 24 hour nursing care is also provided for our residents. Each resident has a call button should they need assistance in their apartment.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Springfield Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Historic Chestnut Hill is just blocks away from our enchanting campus which features many restaurants, culture, recreation, education and entertainment including Holidays on the Hill and Home and Garden festivals.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Springfield Senior Living has organized?

Residents enjoy group outings such as lunch at the Cheese Factory as well as attending the local Chestnut Hill festivals.

What transportation services does Springfield Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

Springfield Senior Living provides transportation for any errands, doctor’s appointments, etc. In addition, residents enjoy group outings one to two times per week. The local L bus into town also runs along Stenton Avenue.

What makes the chef or dining program at Springfield Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our diverse menu features a variety of items each day such as fluffy blueberry pancakes for breakfast, lunch of seared chopped steak, home cooked vegetable soup, garden fresh salad and baked cod for dinner. Don’t forget dessert with coffee or tea! Fruits and snacks are also always provided throughout the day.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Springfield Senior Living features a relaxing fireplace lounge, reading room, outdoor seating in the courtyard for the warmer months as well as common areas for seating on other floors.

What safety features or security measures does Springfield Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

What programs or activities does Springfield Senior Living offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Springfield Senior Living provides individualized programming to our memory care residents such as music therapy, arts and crafts and pet therapy.

Describe the neighborhood around Springfield Senior Living. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Our enchanting 11-acre campus is located in a residential neighborhood and is just blocks away from historic Chestnut Hill.

Costs for Springfield Senior Living

Photos of Springfield Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Springfield Senior Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Dining Extra: Specialized And Adapted Diets, As Well As Ethnic And Cultural Preferences, Are Always Accommodated

• Occupational Therapy

About Springfield Senior Living

Springfield Senior Living is located on a landmark campus that was established as a Tuberculosis Hospital in the late 1800’s to serve the original Philadelphia community. We are proud of our long and rich history of medical care and retirement living and have taken the vision of our campus’ founders into the 21st century. Today, Montgomery County’s seniors enjoy the peace of mind of assisted living along with an expansive array of amenities in our newly renovated, state-of-the-art environment.

Whether it’s dining on our mouthwatering cuisine, working out in our Zumba class, going on one of our customized trips, or strolling through our scenic gardens – every day is filled with a wealth of opportunities. And you can rest assured that your every need will be taken care of by our sincerely caring and attentive staff… from scheduling a doctor’s appointment to maintaining your well-appointed apartment to transporting you to the local drug store. We offer a variety of personal care plans tailored to your individual needs and budget.

ENJOY A MAINTENANCE-FREE LIFESTYLE IN OUR GRACIOUS AND INVITING SETTING

Seniors who require minimal assistance benefit greatly from our Independent Living program. Seniors enjoy the convenience of having cultural, social and physical services at their fingertips, while simultaneously retaining their independence. And should the need arise, our staff is on-hand to assist with your specific needs. We have many different room options, and you are free to choose which will suit you the best.

PROVIDING A PERSONALIZED LEVEL OF CARE

Daily activities can seem like an unattainable goal for some seniors. With a little assistance from a member of our Springfield family, seemingly large tasks are now attainable. For tasks ranging from personal needs such as grooming and bathing to medication administration, you can count on us.

Safety is our priority! Call bells are strategically placed throughout the facility as well as emergency response systems. 24-hour supervised care by licensed professionals is available onsite if needed. Residents enjoy peace of mind knowing that we’re here to help at all times.

Our Services include:

• Assistance with activities of daily living and personal care
  • Medication ordering and administration
  • Social, recreational and exercise programs
  • Transportation to and from medical appointments
  • Nightly room checks
  • Assistance with arranging medical appointments
  • Onsite Medical Director
  • In-house Physical and Occupational Therapy offered 7 days a week
  • Wound Care Management under a Board Certified Vascular Surgeon and Nurse Practitioner

OUR CAREGIVERS PROVIDE SAFE AND EFFECTIVE CARE AND ASSISTANCE

Seniors struggling with Alzheimer’s, Dementia or other forms of memory loss are embraced in the warmth of Springfield Gardens – our secure Memory Care Unit. In this safe and cozy environment, residents function at their optimal capabilities and retain a level of independence. They are engaged by our specialized activity and recreation program which provides visual and tactile stimulation and allows for participation on every level.

Our well-trained staff are highly attuned to the distinct needs of the memory impaired and they participate in ongoing comprehensive dementia training. Our caregivers provide safe and effective care and assistance, coupled with encouragement and support, in a most dignified manner.

AT SPRINGFIELD SENIOR LIVING, OUR RESIDENTS ARE INDULGED WITH AN ARRAY OF COMFORT-ENHANCING AMENITIES.

• Fine Dining: 3 Gourmet Meals Daily
  • Trips & Outings
  • Beautiful Gardens & Patio Area
  • Pool Room
  • Library

Thank you for our interest in Springfield Senior Living. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Springfield Senior Living