Elmcroft of State College

Reviews of Elmcroft of State College

Assisted Living Reviews for Elmcroft of State College

March 15, 2016

By Mike119730750

My mom has been in Greenhills Village for 10 months now, and so far, I like it. Their staffing is above the state requirement, which is good. My mom is on a pureed diet, so I really cannot attest to the quality of the food.

August 21, 2015

By Caring112211950

My aunt is at Greenhills Village. It wasn’t our first choice; it was more economical, and they had an opening at that time. That’s where we put her because the other places where we want didn’t have an opening. Also we wanted her to be closer to my parents, and this is just maybe 3 miles from my parents’ house. My aunt is in a private room, and her room is nice. The dining area is OK. However, I would give this facility a 2 because I think it looked a little dingy. The carpet is a little worn. It wasn’t as expensive as the other places, but I think they could have done a little better.

April 27, 2015

By caring7981

The main thing that we like about Elmcroft is that it is only half a mile from where he used to live in the house that we grew up in, and it is very close to family and neighbors. They are very clean, the staff is very nice, they are very patient with my father, and the facility itself is very attractive.

May 20, 2014

Everything at Elmcroft was fine, and when the time comes, that's the one I would choose. The rooms were a nice size and were quite roomy. They had a chart on the wall for what they had as their activities. What stood out to me was the quality of care and how concerned they were about each one of the patients.

April 18, 2013

My sister-in-law was at Elmcroft. It was wonderful. The atmosphere was very homey, not institutionalized at all. She had her own private room. There were a lot of activities for the residents. She was able to paint and sketch. She really liked it there.

May 31, 2012

By cmeyers011

When I think of this facility, I think bright. this place is located just outside of state college, in a wide open area.It is a beautiful white complex, with a kind of rustic look. The lady we were there to visit enjoyed it very much. she was not a permanent resident there, but was only there while here family was on vacation for a few months.which I thought was odd.The atmosphere at this place is not like an other I have been to. It seems to pride itself on having a "non institutionalized" environment.Which was obvious the living areas looked as though they were right out of someones house and the staff blended in with the residents. Everyone was very nice and willing to help with whatever they could. The lady we visited had been to a few different homes in the area over the years and said she like this one the most. The buildings were very clean and the activity board was very full. This community was all on one floor which is something I am not used to seeing, no stairs or elevators. the place overall was very nice and like I said in the beginning it was very bright.i would definitely rate this one as one of the best I have been to in my life.

Memory Care Reviews for Elmcroft of State College

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: License# 307010

• About Elmcroft of State College

State College is situated in Centre County, the geographical center of Pennsylvania. Home to Penn State University, State College is the quintessential college town with a mix of shops, theater, restaurants and accommodations. Also known as "Happy Valley," State College is surrounded by forested mountains, crystal clear streams, fresh air and abundant wildlife. Situated on a hill overlooking Mt. Nittany, Elmcroft residents can relax in rocking chairs and admire the gorgeous view.

Accommodations and Services

Elmcroft of State College is a senior living and Alzheimer's Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of State College has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of State College features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.

Each apartment includes all meals and basic utilities as part of the monthly fee. Also, residents enjoy daily activities, private dining room for family and guests, library and sitting areas, bistro and billiard activity room, housekeeping services and many other amenities. Other services include a beauty/barber shop for a nominal fee.

The emphasis on activities is a main thrust of the service offerings. Social interaction is a vital part of overall good health and Elmcroft of State College is committed to offering residents a full range of social, recreational and spiritual activities from which to choose. Scheduled transportation on the community van allows all residents to take advantage of travel activities.

Our Chronicles memory care program uses the Best Friends™ approach. This relationship-centered care is built around each individual’s life history, cultural heritage and current abilities and interests.

Elmcroft of State College is truly a great place to live and work and is proud to be a part of the State College, Pennsylvania community.

Map of Elmcroft of State College