Rydal Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Rydal Park

Independent Living Reviews for Rydal Park

June 07, 2013

By Aileen4

We visited Rydal Park and it was beautiful. We just can't afford to sell our house right now and make a profit so we're going to wait a couple of years.

July 11, 2012

By SEPAgirl

First impressions are important, and I have to say I had a good one of this place. It has a very neat, clean, and comfortable appearance and feel. My family member who resides here has been in several different areas of the home, and no matter where he is, or what level of care he is under, I feel the same way. The staff here that we have come into contact with is also very kind and willing to help. We also appreciate the number of activities and the amenities that are available to him. In fact, there are times that I'd like to take part in the activities we see fliers for! Another perk is simply the location of this facility. It is easily accessible to people coming from many different directions, and is also located beside a small shopping center with a grocery store and a bank. So, in general, we have been very pleased with Rydal Park.

Nursing Home Reviews for Rydal Park

March 27, 2018

By AM

My mom stayed at Rydal Park of Philadelphia, and when it first started out, it had an excellent reputation. The ratings have dropped. They didn't have enough staff, and they were not conscientious about the patients whether they were sick or not. I had to tell them to do an x-ray because my mother kept coughing because she had pneumonia. The food is not bad, but since you had to wait so long, it got cold. The way it was set up architecturally was not conducive to the kind of work they do there. You can't see what's going on down on one end or the other end because of the curbs in the building. There was one time when it appeared that there was nobody around for two hours. You could drop dead due to a stroke and nobody would be there. I would never send my mother there again.

September 14, 2011

By jimlinry

I only wish there was a rating of less than one star. Rydal Park Inpatient facility is old and rundown with poor service and we had an overall terrible experience. There is an unbelievable lack of communication with the staff and administration. When you are admitted you are given no information as the daily routine and services and it is more than difficult to get answer to any questions. And God help the poor patient that does not have family to handle the daily problems that you WILL encounter. While there were a few good nurses and assistants, the majority of the staff did not appear to care about the patients or their therapy. Additionally, the patient rehab area has a very institutionalized atmosphere. Our family is currently dealing with a different rehab facility and the difference between the two is night and day. While we knew we were having many difficulties with Rydal Park, we truly did not realize how bad the quality of Rydal Park's services were until we saw what a rehab center SHOULD be. Please do not take your loved one here "“ there are MUCH better options.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Rydal Park

• Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Pets: All Pets

About Rydal Park

Take a look around this vibrant Philadelphia Life Plan Community, and you’ll notice some rather impressive elements. Our ideal location, with convenient access to shopping and public transportation. Our amazing dining options. Our beautiful grounds. And a rather extensive list of other services and amenities. Life at Rydal Park is exceptionally spirited."

Map of Rydal Park