Parkhouse, Providence Pointe

Reviews of Parkhouse, Providence Pointe

Nursing Home Reviews for Parkhouse, Providence Pointe

September 11, 2015

By Litehouse

The care at Parkhouse has declined significantly in the past year. The aides are shorthanded a day unable to provide adequate care for the residents. My mother was found naked from the waist down in a male residents bed when she was in an alarmed wheelchair and 15 minute checks. She was not kept clean and left to sit for hours with nothing to do I know of several people moving their loved one out of this sad place which I have done

March 27, 2012

By DNR girl

As an Emergency Room Nurse I have seen many patients come in from various nursing home and assisted living facilities in the area. I have seen a wide range of care ranging from fair to excellent, so when it became time for us to look at a nusring home for my father, the choice was easy; Parkhouse. Parkhouse has exceeded our expectations with their compassionate and skilled nursing. Patients from Parkhouse have always arrived to our ER in the best of physical condition and the facility is clean and bright and well staffed. The case workers, admission teams, social worker and director have all been incredibly supportive and have helped us to work our way through the incredibly complex and frustration medicare insurance process. Our father has dementia and multiple physical issues that have made it impossible for him to stay in his home any longer; the transition to Parkhouse was as smooth as it could have possibly been and the staff help him to feel like he maintains some of his independence while we know that he is safe, well cared for and treated with both dignity and respect. I cannot say enough about what Parkouse does; they truely are the best at what they do. We are grateful every day for Parkhouse.

November 09, 2011

By Joodles

This is a very large facility with every type of condition and person imaginable. The size itself makes this feel a bit overwhelming, but when it is broken down into sections upon need, it is very clear this is a no nonsense community where people are very well taken care of. Years back it was the Montgomery County Geriatric Center.As far as asthetics, this is not the most eye appealing of facilities; it is more utilitarian looking. However, they make up for that with the activities and type of care they give. The staff is always busy trying to accomodate the residents. There is always a lot of buzz in the place simply due to the size. In viewing a birthday party going on, it was pretty obvious the residents are not just a number to the staff. This lady was really being celebrated...the staff was very engaged as were the otehr residents who were in this small circle! It was charming to watch.This is a great choice for someone who doesn't have the finances to be in the top of the top in looks and design. It is for someone looking for down to earth, basic good, professional care.

October 05, 2011

By magwan87

2 out of 5 stars is a generous rating for Parkhouse Geriatric Center as far as elderly care centers go. Having visited a few care centers in the past, Parkhouse is definately a more budget friendly one for a reason. 3 wings and 8 floors, Parkhouse appears gloomy and dingy from the outside; the looming building is made of dark brick and I had hoped the inside of the facility would not match the exterior-sadly, it did. Though equipped with a small courtyard with a coy pond and some shrubbery the shadows of the surrounding wings of the building cast out any good vibes that could have been. One of the first things I noticed about Parkhouse is the massive line of wheelchairs running along one side of the first floor Dr.'s office hallway. At least an hour after visiting my friends Grandmother upon exiting I see the same people still in line for their appointments. The motif of understaffing becomes more apparent as my friend and I ride the decrepid elevator to the 8th floor. As the elevator stops at several floors to let people off I see the residents all in wheelchairs, none of them standing or walking. Of course the main tower of the facility holds the residents who are most affected by dementia etc. but it still appears as though independence is not something encouraged by much of the staff. Upon arriving on the 8th floor it was lunch time and the nurses and nurses aides are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. It appears as though even with the help of "service technicians" (young unlicensed helpers who assist in simple tasks at the facility) the staff is still stressed and the dining room is full. Some people are being fed in their rooms but some are forced to eat in the hallway lined up in their wheelchairs as they wait to be fed. As lunch winds down a woman comes into the dining room with a keyboard for sing-along time. While most of the residents are unresponsive,the effort was certainly appreciated by a few who clap along offbeat. My overall thoughts of Parkhouse are that they need more staff members so that each resident may be provided with personal care and affection that they need to be as healthy as possible. Though the overall tone was somber, there were a few nurses that seemed to really care about the residents and would joke with them or hug them. Though it was said that there were other wings of Parkhouse that were meant for more "independent" seniors, it seems doubtful they are being encouraged as much as they could be. The food served seemed to be served with care, each resident had a tray with a colored ticket on it representing their dietary restrictions. Though Parkhouse seemed to be doing the best they can the gloomy atmosphere and stressed out staff is what drew me to the 2 star rating. Hopefully more to come.

Services and Amenities of Parkhouse, Providence Pointe

About Parkhouse, Providence Pointe

Parkhouse, Providence Pointe is a senior living provider in Royersford, Pennsylvania that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Parkhouse, Providence Pointe for more details on services and rates.

Map of Parkhouse, Providence Pointe