Quincy Retirement Community

Independent Living Reviews for Quincy Retirement Community

Nursing Home Reviews for Quincy Retirement Community

January 27, 2012

By Aubreyk216

My great grandmother was a resident of Quincy United Methodist Nursing home after her husband passed away and she was unable to care for herself any longer. My families experience with this care facility was unmatched. The staff on hand was wonderful, and always there to assist my grandma in any capacity. They always went the extra mile to make sure she was comfortable and happy. They also listened to the families wishes and concerns and addresssed them in a timley manner. The facility physician looked after her health wonderfully, visiting her during checkups and as needed. She was sick only once in the 3 years she was there. Her hygeine was also well looked after, as they bathed her regularly, and always did extra to make her feel pretty. There were also many extra activities for grandma to take part in such as bingo, crafts, chorus, and more. She enbjoyed a social life the likes of which she had not had in years. Even though the facility was a methodist home, the religion was not pressed on the residentgs or families in anyway. The grounds around the facility were beautiful, and she loved to be wheeled around the paths to look at the gardens on sunny warm days. I'd say they looked better than most parks, and enjoyed them myself! I would recomend quincy home to anyone, even going as far as to say moving to be near it so a loved one could live thier would be a well made decision. The care is Un paralleled. It was very relieving to know we did not have to worry about how she was being treated and taken care of. Very re assuring. I have never heard a bad thing said about this home by the residnets or families, and many, including myself, go back and check up on resident and staff they came to know when thier loved one was a resident. I love this facililty and am one hundred percent certain if another family memeber is in need of a facily such as this we will be using Quincy once again!

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Quincy Retirement Community

September 07, 2015

By Caring112741950

When my mother broke her hip and needed intensive physical therapy, we had to put her in one of the other nursing areas that had that. She is only at Quincy Village temporarily because it is not nearly as nice as the place she was at. It is very nice, but very institutional. The staff was nice, but because there are so many more people, they are not as familiar with all the residents, and they don't have the time to spend individually with each resident. The food is fine.

March 30, 2015

By Lois21

There's really only a few staff. The community manager is wonderful. She's able to handle whatever situations come up. If she's not knowledgeable about it, she finds the answer. Everyone here likes her as far as I know. Everyone is very fond of her. I've never heard anyone say anything negative about her; and she's a very likeable person. If she were not a manager, I would want to be friends with her. The only other people would be the maintenance people. Well the activities would fall under the support staff person who is in charge of activities, and we don’t have any one right now. However because we are in independent living, we don’t have regular scheduled activities like you would in a nursing home, but there are activities that you can choose to be involved in. The cottages here have their own activities and trips and things that you're able to go with them if you would like to. One of the things I liked about it is that it is all-inclusive, and that if there are openings and I have a need for that (like rehab or something), I would not have to go anywhere else; I can get everything that I need here.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (3) See fewer reviews

About Quincy Retirement Community

Retirement living means something different for everyone. That?s why the residents at Quincy Village retirement community in Quincy, Pennsylvania, focus less on retirement ? and more on living.

At Quincy Village, you have the flexibility to create your own experience. All of our senior living services, amenities and activities are designed to support your desires and decisions. And our convenient location ? close to Interstates 81 and 70, which offer easy access to Waynesboro, Chambersburg and Hagerstown ? allows our residents to define the geographic reach of their adventures. Surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains, valleys of apple and peach orchards, and numerous gardens, there is no other retirement community like Quincy Village. It?s as distinctive as each of our residents.

Quincy Village also offers residents the benefits of Pennsylvania?s tax-friendly retirement environment. Whether you choose one of our comfortable and spacious apartments or cottages you?re guaranteed to feel at home in our commitment to your personal freedom. Our quality of care, accommodations and comprehensive At-Home Services enable you to create an enriching lifestyle with the long-term peace of mind you deserve.

Map of Quincy Retirement Community