The Haven Pittsburgh, PA

Reviews of The Haven

Assisted Living Reviews for The Haven

May 30, 2017

By geraldine885231

The Haven at North Hills was very lovely. All of the rooms were private and very spacious. It was very clean, very bright, and cheery. The dining room was beautiful. They were having some activities while we were there. There were residents attending the activities who seemed to be having a good time.

November 25, 2015

The staff at The Haven at North Hills was very kind, considerate, courteous, and went out of their way just to make people comfortable. They answered any questions that I had and were more than willing to offer information even if I didn't ask the question. Their rooms were a lot bigger compared to the other two places I visited. They were newly decorated and had more up-to-date furnishings. It was just too far out of my way to go, so there was a distance issue.

June 27, 2014

By Susan87421450

I've got my aunt moved into The Haven at North Hills . It was very clean and well kept. Very friendly staff. They were very kind and competent. There were a lot of activities. They have activities every day with Bingo and singing and that type of thing, and then they go out once a week. They go to restaurants sometimes. They'll go to the dollar store, and I think they have a trip to the science center coming up next week, but they also go to the Humane Society, the casino; they go someplace every week. The rooms are very nice. They have private and semi-private rooms. These are very spacious, and they provide furniture if needed, or you can bring your own.

March 31, 2014

The Haven doesn't have a full-time nurse on staff, so they couldn't accommodate some of the health concerns. We weren't interested because it wasn't going to be able to meet our needs. We looked at a room, and the size was nice. We went at 9 o'clock in the morning, so most of the patients who were there were in their rooms, and I just felt a little uncomfortable. My sister and I detected a little bit of a smell of urine in one hallway. The staff was very accommodating, very nice. Everybody who we passed in the hall was very nice.

January 31, 2014

The Haven was very nice. It's just far from my home and far from my children's home, so nobody would get a chance to visit mom. But everything was very nice.

November 27, 2013

My mom is at the place called The Haven. It is nice for the price, which is reasonable: $3,000 for rent; and maybe $250 for the level of care; and $20 for table. It is well kept with nice people and good food. The rooms are large.

September 27, 2012

By jonathan43571

The Haven at North Hills is an adequate assisted living facility that would be perfect for a family looking for a place for their loved one where they will receive more attentive care. This facility offers appointments on site with doctors, podiatrists, dentists, psychiatrists, and opthamologists, and also offers on site x-rays and 24 hour nursing support. This facility also offers patients a theatre, library, gardens, chapel, and a hair salon. The rooms were very large, although a bit old and out-dated looking as far as decoration and furniture. The staff seemed very friendly and the patients were well attended to. I would recommend this facility for someone who needed additional assistance with daily activities. Otherwise, there are better facilities that offer more recreational activites and off site outings for patients who don't want to be cooped up.

Costs for The Haven

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Personal Care Home

About The Haven

Our residents find more than a place to call home they become part of a senior care community of neighbors, friends and caregivers.

Residents at The Haven at North Hills enjoy the highest quality of personal care & memory enhancement services; a wide choice of engaging and life enriching activities that nurture the mind, body and spirit; delicious & nourishing meals; a variety of apartment styles; and just the right amount of personal attention.

Apartment Features:

• Home Free Wireless Call System

Community Features:

• Beautifully decorated library
  • Resident gardening areas
  • Life Enrichment Room (with full kitchen)
  • Spacious & beautifully decorated dining room
  • Lovely outside patio area
  • Reflection areas throughout the community
  • Chapel