Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

Reviews of Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

January 19, 2017

By Bruce372582

My wife moved to Brookdale. It's semi-private, up on a hill and set back from any residential area. For the most part, they are very good. The food is excellent, and they have two dining areas. It's nice, clean, and very professional.

September 30, 2016

By Mari844342

Brookdale Mt. Lebanon was very nice. It reminds you of a college campus. It is a red brick building. It's about 15 to 20 years old. It is high rise mainly, and it has about 150 residents, so it is a bigger facility. The staff was very nice. She's very good. The woman that took us was very knowledgeable and knew more stuff. Their accommodations were excellent. There were a lot of activities. They were watching a movie one time when we were there, and another time somebody was doing a presentation type of thing. They were talking about old movies, which is a good memory type game for the residents. The food was very good. It was excellent. The dining area was very pretty, very elegant, and very nice. Brookdale Mt. Lebanon was the one that we choose. It was very good. It met all of the needs that we were looking for.

June 23, 2016

By Michelle158138

Brookdale Mt. Lebanon was a lovely place, but they only serve two meals a day and clean every other week.

May 10, 2016

By Caring CousinDXTAE

I have been to Brookdale for my cousin. It was probably the most beautiful out of all the places I visited. The staff and the people that I spoke with were wonderful. We almost got my cousin in there. It was beautiful, but the cost was the big factor. It was a very nice place, and it had everything anybody would want. They were playing bingo when we were there. They have outings and entertainment on certain days, a beautiful library, a beatiful indoor swimming pool, physical rehab, and a restaurant for the people there, plus a cafeteria where you can have sandwiches for yourself if you don’t want to eat in the dining room. We saw several rooms, and they seemed very nice and a little bit larger than what my cousin has now. It had a very nice little kitchen area and nice bathroom. It was beautiful.

November 29, 2015

By Maggie32

There was nothing we didn’t like about Brookdale. We looked at two different apartment-type rooms that had separate living quarters, bedroom, full kitchen, and nice baths. The rooms were set up a little bit different from each other because we were looking for both of my parents. They were gorgeous, clean, and accommodating. We were OK with the pricing, the room sizes, and closet space. Everything was very nice. The staff was very friendly, very accommodating, and did not pressure us. They hold different events throughout the day and have exercise, so everybody is engaged. They have movie nights, parties, and barbecues, too.

March 07, 2015

My mother is currently in this Brookdale community. We like it because some of the people there are a little more active. There are more men there, and as a result, it is a more natural environment. It is also close to our family home, so she knows other people there already.

October 22, 2014

Everything was good. The staff was very nice, very helpful, and informative. They were very professional. We would consider that if it happened that they didn't have any room at the other place we looked at, we would be confident if they were there that they would have good care. There was an area where they could sit outside. What I didn't like about it was that it was a high rise, and the location was a little bad for us.

December 31, 2013

What I like best with this community is the atmosphere. The whole place looks pretty cheery. It seems to fit all of my mom's needs. It doesn't feel like an institution. They help her with her medications and make sure that she takes her medicines in the morning and in the evening. She seems happy and she's always clean. The dining room seems nice. They have group activities and she likes the afternoon activities. They have a van that takes them to doctor's appointment. They are not strict with visiting hours and they can accommodate us anytime. If she has a problem, we can always go up and they will come out. I really like it.

December 01, 2013

The community was very nice. I had dinner there and the food was good. The people there were nice. The rooms were also very nice.

June 12, 2013

By Rosemary8

I went here and it was lovely. The gentleman that took us around was very nice. I really think it was a great place. The only reason I'm hesitating is because it's a little far from where I live now. I'm very active in my church and different organizations, and it means I would be away from it. The rooms were lovely and they have a lot of activities. The whole setup is very nice. They have a swimming pool and a gym. They take you to church on Sunday. I have nothing negative to say about it. If I were ready to go right now, I wouldn't hesitate to go there.

April 30, 2013

By Carol28

It was close to where my parents live. Everything about the facility seems very nice. My father is happy that he moved in there.

September 12, 2012

By jonathan43571

I was very impressed with this facility. It almost seemed more like a nice upscale hotel than an assisted living facility. The building and the surrounding grounds are beautiful, and there is a nice view of the city. I was impressed with the amount of privacy the residents have. There are many attentive staff members, but they are quiet and discreet, and let the residents do their own thing. There are emergency call buttons in each of the apartments for residents if they need it. Besides regular table side dining, they also offer a private dining room for when friends and family are visiting residents. Also provided are annemities like billiards, a pool and whirlpool, game room, arts and crafts room, exercise room, library, etc. I would be very happy myself to choose a facility like this when I need one.

August 28, 2012

By cobbett1707

I thought that the facilities were very comparable to a persons needs when they could not care for themselves like they used to. They were clean and the staff was attentive and caring. The other residents were friendly yet somewhat standoffish and I'm sure that after time they would all get to know each other. The apartments were clean and with emergency call buttons though out. I appreciated the attention to detail provided by the builders to the specific needs of the elderly residents and the care they deserve.Most important to me was the well being of my grandmother and these people provided. They made sure that she was comfortable and well taken care of without being too intrusive. I didn't want her to feel like she had been institutionalized and I am sure she didn't. They were ever-present but in the background and unseen. The staff here does a great job of not interfering with the residents lives but helping when they need it.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

July 31, 2014

By Deborah34

The Devonshire has a very nice and cozy hotel lobby feel. The staff seemed very friendly and had relationships with the people who lived there. They have a lot of choices for the apartments. My mother-in-law takes part in church services and rosary. They have a swimming pool; they have movies every night; they have guest speakers who come in; and they have trips to see shows downtown or whatever. The food is really good and nicely presented. You eat in the dining room and that is kind of a restaurant experience. On holidays you can invite your family and they do a really nice buffet. It's a nice place for my mother-in-law to invite family for Mother's Day or whatever.

February 28, 2014

By NETE

THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FACILITY I HAVE SEEN IN THE SOUTH HILLS. IT IS PRIMARILY INDEPENDENT LIVING, YET OFFERS A FINE DINING RESTAURANT, CAFE, INDOOR HEATED POOL AND SO MANY AMENITIES...STILL WITH CONCIERGE HELP, SUCH AS CARRYING PACKAGES, WALKING YOUR SMALL DOG, TRANSPORTATION TO DOCTORS, ETC. DID NOT SEE THE PERSONAL CARE AREA, WHICH IS ASSISTED LIVING, BUT CAN ONLY IMAGINE EVERY CARE IS GIVEN THERE. THIS IS PERFECT FOR RETIREMENT COMMUNITY INDIVIDUALS WHO CAN TRANSITION INTO MEDICAL HELP AS THEY AGE. NONE OF THESE FACILITIES ARE INEXPENSIVE, HOWEVER, THE DEVONSHIRE AND WHAT THEY OFFER ARE STILL THE BEST CHOICE COMPARED TO THE PARAMOUNT, ATRIAS AND OTHERS IN THE SOUTH HILLS AREA. THE DEVONSHIRE IS CLASS....OFFERING SOCIAL ROOM WITH BILLIARDS, BACKGAMMON, CHESS AND THESE TYPES OF PASSTIMES AS WELL AS DOCTORS ON STAFF TO DO CHECK-UPS, MONITOR BLOOD PRESSURE, ETC....LIKE HAVING YOUR OWN PCP IN-HOUSE. CANNOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THE APARTMENTS....VERY NICE SIZED WITH WALK-IN CLOSETS! A 1 BEDROOM IS $2600 AND OTHER PLACES I HAVE SEEN START AT $3000 AND ARE VERY INSTITUTIONAL AND HAVE "NURSING HOME" ATMOSPHERE. CANNOT BEAT THE DEVONSHIRE!!!!

January 23, 2014

By Deborah24

I thought The Devonshire of Mount Lebanon was out of our price range, but I wanted to see it because I'd actually been there before and I liked the look of it. They were so great about offering solutions for not only our budget, but really listening to what my mother-in-law's needs were and how it might fit with the services that they offer, so we actually placed her in their independent living with some services provided by the facility, so that would keep her out of the personal care part, which is more expensive right now until we actually really, really need that. The fact that she can move directly from independent to assisted living without a lot of disruption to the social environment that she will have gotten used to by that time is really great. We really like that she has a little efficiency apartment. It's smaller than what she's been in while living independently, but it gives her the ability to feel like she's still pretty independent. Also, her Medicare covered nurse, physical therapist, and shower nursing staff can come into the facility and still visit her under her Medicare plan as if she were living in an independent apartment outside the facility. So, that was really great too. For the whole package of trying to keep her in one facility for as long as possible, I thought that they offered a good deal as far as the price. It's not cheap by any means, but comfortable and nice, and you get a home-like feeling without it being too busy.

April 10, 2012

By Missy Lou

The Devonshire is located in Mt. Lebanon, Pittsburgh, PA. It offers a pleasant environment that makes you feel right at home. There are a lot of different types of people living here as there are a wide variety of services available. I was looking for a place that my parents would be able to use both now and as they age even more. While they don't need any help right now it's nice to know that they wouldn't have to move if and when they do eventually need some help with daily living. It's nice to know that the staff really cares and that the people who live there are friendly. This is a place where I myself wouldn't mind living and it's nice to know that it's safe and in a safe neighborhood too. It's high on my list of options for my parents as I really am not able to find any drawbacks to this place.

Photos of Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Dining Extra: All Residents Have In Room Full Kitchens (Including Oven, Etc.)

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi

• Financial Guidance Extra: Stately Residence In Residential Area Providing Independent And Personal Care Services. We Offer Many Amenities, No Buy In Fee And In House Private Duty Services Available. We Have A Heated Pool, Jacuzzi, Gym, Private Dining Room And Gorgeous Grounds.

• Spanish

About Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

Brookdale Mt. Lebanon provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Stately Residence in residential area providing Independent and Personal Care services. We offer many amenities, no-buy in fee and In house private duty services available. We have a heated pool, jacuzzi, gym, private dining room and gorgeous grounds.

Map of Brookdale Mt. Lebanon