Harbour Senior Living of South Hills

Reviews of Harbour Senior Living of South Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Harbour Senior Living of South Hills

February 28, 2014

By Jane48

Harbour Senior Living of South Hills was a little bit smaller facility. However, I think they have a good location. I like their location. Though the facility wasn't able to take a wide range of individuals; but it seemed like a very pleasant community. It was peaceful there. There were nice people there too. They were most caring. They have activities for the residents but they also have support programs for family as well.

December 24, 2013

Harbour Senior Living used to be called Sunrise. The day I was there, I liked it; however, after my brother moved in to another facility, I realized the difference. When we visited this place, there were only two women in the common area. They have different pods there and each pod has a sitting area outside, but nobody was out there. There was just this one man sitting and waiting for the yoga class that was coming up. Their patients were all in their rooms with their door shut. I don't think that's good for an old person. I'm sure they're being taken care of but I didn't even see nurses going around, say passing pills to their residents. They also showed us one room as an example of what they all look like. It was beautiful. I also saw their menu and I didn't like it. They have hotdogs on their menu. Overall, it was a beautiful building and everything was well furnished and nice but nobody was out there at that time.

I am disappointed to learn that you did not have a better experience during your tour of the community. You unfortunately did not have the opportunity to see the extent of what we offer to our residents. It is our Mission to create fulfilling lifestyles that enrich our residents’ lives. We are proud of our diverse life enrichment programs and our dining services team. In addition to our always available options our dining specials change daily. While some resident prefer comfort food we also have a talented chef for those that want to be more adventurous. Please feel free to contact me directly at 412-571-1300. We would love the opportunity to truly show you why so many of our residents have called Harbour of South Hills Home!

August 11, 2013

By Biscottara

I toured the facility for assisted living for my mom, an Alzheimer's patient. While the tour was very informative and helped me make my decision to place Mom there, I would have liked to know at the beginning that we could also have hospice care, if she qualified. She is now on hospice, but she could have been before now. The home is an excellent environment for Mom. She is comfortable, happy and safe.

Costs for Harbour Senior Living of South Hills

Photos of Harbour Senior Living of South Hills

Services and Amenities of Harbour Senior Living of South Hills

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Housing Extra: Emergency Call System

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Library

• Psychiatric Care

• Activities Extra: Silver Sneakers® Fitness Program 5 Days Per Week And Bowling In The Bistro 2 Days Per Week.

• Staff Patient Ratio: 10 To 1

• Licenses: DPW Pennsylvania Licensed Personal Care

About Harbour Senior Living of South Hills

Senior personal care at Harbour Assisted Living of South Hills offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior personal care community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Harbour Assisted Living of South Hills, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior personal care while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our personal care community in Pittsburgh has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Harbour Assisted Living of South Hills, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Personal Care Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Beautiful wrap around porch, vibrant home-like "grand mansion" style building. Short halls and short distances between all areas, residents and families use our whole house as their home. Staff longevity is one of highest in the area. 2013 Senior Lifestyle Corp. HEART OF CARING AWARD WINNER is a team member who has been with us for 18 years! Active and vibrant community where our residents can "age in place" and have changing care needs met without having to move again or change environment.

Map of Harbour Senior Living of South Hills