Brookdale Penn Hills

Reviews of Brookdale Penn Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Penn Hills

July 12, 2013

By Lisa33

I have a chance to visit Sterling House of Penn Hills for my grandmother. They were very friendly there and very accommodating. They were under construction so I don't know that this is a true evaluation because I thought it was dirty. The rooms were small. I was there right after dinner and too many people were just sitting around and staring. They didn't seem to have any activities at that time. When I toured this facility, a woman kept saying, 'I'm going to pee my pants, I'm going to pee my paints ' and the head nurse who was giving me the tour, she never even acknowledged that lady. I didn't want that to be my grandmother sitting there and you are crying out for help because you're in a wheelchair and can't move and you're not even acknowledged. That right there turned me off. They did say they do have activities, but the head nurse didn't have an activity calendar to show me.

April 14, 2013

By Lawrence3

Sterling House has been excellent to my mom. We're really happy with where she's at and so is she. My sister who lives near the facility sees her almost every day. All the care has been excellent and the staff is very attentive. The atmosphere is homey and they make it out to be that way. They're really doing a very fine job.

July 23, 2012

By bethann1408

I thought this facility was very clean and well staffed, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location of this facility was very convenient as well, as it was close to major roadways and easy to find. One thing my grandparents really liked about this facility was that they have a personalized assisted living program. They could choose what types of assistance they needed, programs they wanted to participate in, what type of living facilities they needed, etc. They also liked that this facility offered lots of different activities, including movie nights, outings, shopping, etc.I did not care for some of the decorations throughout the facility. That was my one major drawback, is that looks wise, it felt a bit cramped and institutional. But overall, this facility is very nice.

Photos of Brookdale Penn Hills

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Penn Hills

About Brookdale Penn Hills

Brookdale Penn Hills provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Penn Hills