Riddle Village

Reviews of Riddle Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Riddle Village

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Riddle Village

November 29, 2015

Riddle Village was a larger complex with a nice gym facility. It was a little fancier and a little more colonial than others I visited. It didn’t feel comfortable for my father-in-law. It was darker, dimmer, and larger, but it was all enclosed, so all of the activities were easily accessible. They had buses and different activities, too. It seemed fine.

November 04, 2015

By DebbieCN

The process of putting a parent into Independent living is tough for everyone. A senior getting used to new place to live and chldren giving up their childhood home is very emotional. My Mom started the process of looking into senior living residences in March. After looking into just about every facility in Delaware County, nothing compared to Riddle Village. From the staff to the residents to the gorgeous facility, all five of us kids decided that Riddle Village was second to none. After moving her in on July 1, she is very happy, eventhough she still gets lost. However, there is always a smiling face to help her find what she is looking for. She enjoys staying at the "Ritz Carlton" and especially enjoys having an adult beverage in the Thoroughbread Lounge where she meets new people every time she visits. I recommend Riddle not only to potential residents, but to other children who have to make the decision. You won't be sorry.

May 12, 2015

By TimothyHaase

Last month my parents started the application process to become residents at Riddle Village after touring the facility and being offered discount incentives to buy totaling about $75,000. They were even treated to a free 2 nights stay so that they could experience the lifestyle first hand. However, their hopes were dashed by insensitive administration and marketing personnel. Two days before the scheduled contract signing they were told they did not meet the criteria financially. When my parent's financial investment planner called marketing and had to explain how they do indeed meet the criteria they became rude and defensive. So when that didn't work they changed their tune and said my parents did not qualify medically. However, they were told by the medical personnel at the time of the screening that they more than qualified. The most appalling part of this whole ordeal is that marketing actually sold the apartment to someone else before notifying my parents that they were not being accepted. If this lack of respect and civility is any indication of how residents are treated I am glad my parents found a more caring community to become a part of. I would strongly urge anyone considering Riddle Village for themselves or loved ones to be very careful. I would not want my parents to be a part of a community that is run in such an unethical fashion.

November 16, 2014

By jdeisc

Very beautiful establishment, seemed like a fancy hotel to me. The nurse working my grandfathers section (floor 4) was very nice, but seemed a little overwhelmed by the amount of work she had. Maybe because there were at least 10 other nurses at the nursing station all standing around, being loud and obnoxious and completely unprofessional, ignoring the patients and guests. I am appalled by their behavior.

June 27, 2014

Riddle Village was nice. I've been there for lunch, and their food was very good. The staff was pretty good. The rooms were like apartment dwellings. The only thing about them was that it was more of convalescent home.

June 04, 2014

Riddle Village Life was most appealing. They had a lot to offer. It was just a friendly atmosphere. There was a woodworking shop and a swimming pool. The food was excellent. The rooms were spacious. They have meals.

April 28, 2013

By Profnana

Riddle Village is located in a beautiful setting and is perfect for a resident in good health. Problems begin once a resident is moved into assisted living. Patient care is very poor, security is non-existent. My father was injured in an accident caused by poor maintenance, sub-standard materials and worst of all by an employee who waited over 40 minutes to respond to his call. His shoulder was pulled out of its socket by her pulling him up roughly by his bad arm. He was robbed of all his files, coin collection and other valuables while he was in recuperation from associated rehab.

April 24, 2013

By Kelly5

I've visited a number of facilities and Riddle Village was the one I liked most. I liked it because it was a continuous care facility, it had a very nice and cheery atmosphere, there were lots of amenities, the food was really nice, it was close to the hospital, and residents can decorate their own place when they move in. Both of my parents-in-law liked it. They had a pool, a gym, different classes, art, Bingo, and they took trips to the casinos. They could pretty much do anything there and they had transportation if they needed to go to doctors. Continuous care was probably its best feature because residents don't have to go anywhere else if they got sick or needed more care. They can stay right there in that facility.

September 26, 2012

By JohnH9/23

It was an enormous burden trying to find a place for my grandma to live, but I'm glad we were able to find Riddle Village. She's been with my family my whole life and it was really time to accept the fact that she really was getting to a point where we couldn't take care of her by ourselves anymore. We were so lucky to find a place like Riddle Village. Ever since she's been there, she's been happier than ever. She loves her room, all the people she's met, and especially the atmosphere there. The area around the place is beautiful, and there are plenty of programs to keep them active and interested. If anyone was looking for a place to take care of a friend or relative, I would definitely recommend Riddle Village.

August 14, 2012

By Lynne 1

We once visited Riddle Village. They offer everything, easy walking out with friends and biking. The surrounding scenery is beautiful. If you had an active life before you came in Riddle Village, you will definitely continue it. You have to get out and do things. I saw that everyone seems to get involved in something. You can see a smile on everyone's face. It looks like they are well taken care of. It was just a lovely visit.

August 04, 2011

By goldnite

When first walking in, I got the impression of being in a five-star hotel - everything was clean, there were plenty of staff members to assist, and there were numerous activities being conducted. It made me wonder if this was something that was done when people had appointments to tour the facility, or if this was really how things occurred on a daily basis. We signed my mom up, and she is really happy to be living in Monticello House. The rooms are spacious, well-appointed, and with plenty of closet space. The staff is friendly, helpful, and they go out of their way to help with whatever the residents may require. There are several activities conducted between meals, and longer activities, presentations, or concerts in the evening. The medical staff is terrific, checking on the residents and making sure they not only are in good health, but suggesting activities which are appropriate for their abilities. The housekeeping staff not only cleans, but changes and launders the linens and towels weekly. Unlike a few other facilities we looked at, there are three restaurants in addition to the resident cafeteria, and my mom can choose to eat at one of those whenever she likes for no charge - and the charge for family or friends joining her is very reasonable. Mom has her freedom to conduct her life independently, with dignity, and I have the knowledge that she is being looked after, in a nice facility with a wonderful staff. I highly recommend Monticello House!
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (17) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Riddle Village

• Companion Suites: Yes
  • Housing Extra: 76 Capacity

• Golf
  • General Store
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Bocce Ball Court, Shuffleboard Court, Putting Green, Fire Pit, Koi Pond, Woodworking Shop, Billards, Atm, Wellness Center, Library

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Aid

• Special Diets

• Minimum Age: Yes
  • Pets: Yes

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: Licensed Practical Nurses And Certified Nursing Assistants Are On Staff 24/7

• Occupational Therapy
  • Range Of Services Extra: Podiatrist, Cardiologist, Lab Company, Audiologist Group And Primary Care Physicians, Checking Vitals, Scheduling Doctor Appointments

Types of care

• Credit Card
  • Check

• State Licenses: 192510

About Riddle Village

Riddle Village is a Lifecare community located in Media, Pennsylvania. Riddle Village Lifecare provides living accommodations, residential services and amenities - plus unlimited long-term Personal Care and Skilled Nursing Care if health needs change. At Riddle village we live and breathe our contagious motto "smile, say hello and everything else will follow." We are proud to be known as a vibrant, friendly and upbeat community. It's easy to call Riddle Village home. Come experience the difference for yourself...Our door is always open!

Map of Riddle Village