Messiah Village

Offers Nursing Homes, Home Care, Continuing Care Communities, Adult Day Care, and Memory Care

100 Mount Allen Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
Messiah Village (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Messiah Village

Nursing Home Reviews for Messiah Village

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Messiah Village

March 26, 2015

By Donna103726050

My aunt has been in Messiah Lifeways for 20 years, and she loves it. The staff all seemed very nice, accommodating, and knowledgeable. My aunt had a cottage to begin with, and the place is very secure. They have bingo for their activities and more. Everything is just so beautiful there.

March 17, 2015

Except for Messiah, we chose not to go to the places we went through because of the fact that they don't have the long term care. My mother has funds once her house is sold, but that won't last forever. This place is amazing, but it is so terribly expensive it is ridiculous. I don't know how people can afford it, but there were a lot of people there. They wanted a certain amount for the apartment and another amount in escrow. She would be purchasing the apartment, but it does not include any meals. They do have extended care, but there is no way she would be able to afford that.

September 24, 2012

By JWalden

In general, staff was quite attentive, and caring. Rarely were we met with what appeared to be indifference, and these issues were quickly resolved. The facilities were well maintained, though the age of the overall facility is beginning to show. Equipment has been reasonably well maintained.I do not know how this is maintained in other facilities, but on 4 separate weekends, the buildings were on lockdown due to illness. My grandmother has often been unaware of these cases, and has been upset when we did not arrive as planned.The only real complaint from my grandmother has been that meals are served too early she has often eaten and been back in her room before 6pm, which she feels is too early.

August 10, 2011

By larry shelly

Wonderful facility. My Mother was there for numerous years!!!!!

August 09, 2011

By Penelope1

My mother-in-law lived here for over 10 years. It is like a campus with many housing options. She lived in a studio apartment first and when she could not care for herself, she moved into a wing for patients with dementia. This facility has it all and she enjoyed living there. She was the shuffleboard champion one year! The old saying, "You get what you pay for," is true here. It was expensive, but the amenities and care were top notch. There is really a sense of community and they encourage families to be there for their loved ones. If I had to go to one of these places, it would be at the top of my list.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (11) See fewer reviews

• Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Continuing Care Retirement Community Starting At: $1500/month
  • Get Costs

About Messiah Village

Messiah Village is a retirement community in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, where an active, fulfilling lifestyle awaits. Live vibrantly in the kind of community older adults seek for independent cottage or apartment living, assisted living residences or compassionate nursing care in Mechanicsburg, PA and the surrounding region. We also offer home care and adult day care for seniors in Harrisburg, PA, Carlisle, PA and the surrounding region. At Messiah Village, we provide South Central Pennsylvania a coordinated network of campus and home-based services. Our goal is to transform the quality of life for older adults and the persons who serve them.

Messiah Village Caregivers

Caregivers are trained to have the following skills:

• Ethics
    • Validation Therapy
    • Appropriate patient transfers
    • Transition Issues
    • Grief Issues
    • Communicating with families
    • Stress Management
    • Communicating with individuals suffering from dementia

Map of Messiah Village