Lehigh Commons Macungie, PA

Offers Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Memory Care

1680 Spring Creek Road, Macungie, PA 18062
Lehigh Commons (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 345 days

10% Veteran's discount (in addition to county VA aid and attendance). No large buy in or community fee. Offering a continuum of care from personal and memory care, to short term rehab and long term care in our skilled nursing facility (Medicaid).

Reviews of Lehigh Commons

Assisted Living Reviews for Lehigh Commons

By Billthegoat

I visited many Assisted Living homes in the Lehigh Valley and selected Lehigh Commons for my sister. It was an excellent decision. The rooms are excellent, the staff is very caring and attentive. The recreation activities are better than any Home that I have visited. It was first community to institute FaceTime visits in the Lehigh Valley.

By Richard Bauer

The number one factor about this wonderful facility is the highest quality personnel who carry out their duties in a most professional and caring manner. When one sends a loved one to a senior -community family facility, the caring and love rendered to your loved ones should be your top priority. I can assure you that at Lehigh Commons you are receiving the absolute best in care and concern. My relationship with the entire staff was always satisfying and most pleasing to me and my loved one. My loved one was so proud of her room and the excellent room care and maintenance that was provided to her. I can still see my loved one who only recently passed away fully enjoying herself in the exercise and rehab activities. She would always get a special glimmer in her eyes when she so proudly talked about her great progress in her programs. Another much appreciated aspect of her senior -living facility that my loved one was so happy and proud about concerned the decorations that always adorned the premises. I still cherish all the walks I enjoyed with my loved one as she introduced me to all the staff members we encountered. She truly looked upon the staff as her family. What a great tribute to everyone at Lehigh Commons. I praise and recommend this special people oriented facility to everyone I encounter. God bless all of you and thank all of you for taking such good care of my loved one when neither she nor I were able to do that anymore.

By Jean Miller

My mother is in this facility and the staff is so very nice and caring. The atmosphere is not like your in a nursing home it is personal and homey. She has her independence but has the friendly staff there to assist her when needed.

June 14, 2018

By GR

We liked Lehigh Commons. They were very friendly and warm. The facility was in very good shape. They had a variety of activities and also private rooms. They were playing Bingo when we were there. They also had a library and buses. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

July 10, 2012

By H1bernia

I visited my grandmother in this facility many times. All the staff members were kind and courteous. My grandmother became extremely withdrawn socially after the death of her daughter and her move from her home of over 50 years to the facility. The staff really went above and beyond in terms of interacting with her and encouraging her to interact with the other facility residents. The staff always made sure that she ate with other residents rather than by herself in her room. They always looked in on her and encouraged her to go to activities like concerts and art activities. She especially enjoys playing Bingo with the friends that she has met there. When I visited for the first time I was extremely nervous that this would be a hospital like setting. I'm very phobic about medical facilities and was pleased to find that this place was anything but the clinical setting I was expecting. It was bright, open, and cheerful. Her room was nice and kept very neatly. The only issue that my family had was that some of clothes were washed incorrectly and ruined as a result. Overall, I believe that the kind staff provided my grandmother with the best care and created the best environment possible for my grandmother.

May 08, 2012

By ohsnapmamma

I'm so thankful I found this place for my parents. It's a diamond in the rough :) The facility is just as lovely as the Personal Care homes, but they will take patients that the other facilities won't take. Price is comparable if not better than other facilities and the staff is excellent! Always clean, friendly and in quiet country-like setting. I haven't heard one negative comment from any other family members who have their loved ones placed there either.

January 06, 2012

By Krissy1

A relative of mine has been at Lehigh Commons in PA for the past several years. The facility is really quite nice. Upon entering, it is airy and light in the common areas, which are comfortable for visiting family to sit there with the resident and talk for hours. Also, there is not that 'hospital' type of smell, so it feels more like entering an apartment building or hotel. There is also some outdoor seating if the day is nice. The dining area is set up like a restaurant, with small tables with table cloths, etc. The resident room that my family member is in has a private bathroom, a sleeping area, and a living room area, all of a sufficient size. It is almost like a studio apartment without the cooking area. The staff seems attentive and asks the residents questions and have conversations with them, and there are planned activities for the residents, as well. The care is leveled, so to speak, so that residents can live there for years as their health changes, and patients with dementia are accepted, which is important so that if that condition starts to develop there doesn't need to be a move to a different facility.

September 30, 2011

By Uncle Penn

My Grandmother lives at Lehigh Commons. The facility is very nice and every time I go to visit my Grandmother, the facility is clean and fresh. The staff is very nice, welcoming and helpful. My cousins and I have brought my Grandmother Birthday cakes and they let us setup in one of the rooms and have the space to ourselves. Overall, I have always been impressed by Lehigh Commons. My Grandmother's room is very nice and the grounds of the facility are actually quite tranquil. The view from her room looks over a meadow where there are often birds and other animals to watch. There are also lots of activities to be had as I have seen other residents playing games and socializing during my visits. I know my Grandmother appreciates Bingo night! There is an option to eat communally in the dining hall or to have meals in your own room which I think is really nice for those days when she just does not feel like socializing.

Memory Care Reviews for Lehigh Commons

By Kohler

The staff at Lehigh Commons has done a great job handling the COVID19 pandemic. Tom, the director, has been transparent with many Zoom calls over the past few months. My mother has been there for over four years, and my father was there for one year before then. Their overall experiences have been very positive.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Questions about Lehigh Commons

What transportation services does Lehigh Commons offer to assisted living residents?

Lehigh Commons provides our residents with 3 transports a month included in their monthly rent. This could be for doctors appointments or to the store to pick up essential needs.

If Lehigh Commons accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Lehigh Commons is pet friendly for those residents that are able to care for the animal themselves or with the assistance of family. We have multiple patios/outdoor areas located around the campus.

What safety features or security measures does Lehigh Commons provide to protect residents who wander?

Our memory support community is secured and also offers a wander guard.

What programs or activities does Lehigh Commons offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our calendar is full of daily activities that fulfill our resident's physical, mental, and spiritual needs. We also take trips off the campus about once per week.

Our facility provides an interdisciplinary approach to our residents and we routinely get resident updates from various departments within our facility on a regular basis. Our on site therapy team also provides 6 month screens/assessments on all residents that assess for any functional and cognitive changes.

Describe the neighborhood around Lehigh Commons. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a rural setting yet not far from hospitals, doctors, restaurants, and shopping.

Costs for Lehigh Commons

Photos of Lehigh Commons

Services and Amenities of Lehigh Commons

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: 222050

About Lehigh Commons

Lehigh Commons offers personal care and Alzheimer's / Dementia care. Our Senior Living and Rehabilitative Health campuses offer our patients and residents the opportunity to seamlessly transition from senior living to skilled nursing care and back. Rest assured that as a member of our health campus, we will take care of all your needs along the continuum - helping you to remain vital and strong as long as possible. Our community offers each resident individualized, personalized health care services. You can have your choice of studio, one-bedroom or deluxe one-bedroom suites. Companion suites are also available. Lehigh Commons is dedicated to providing and meeting the needs of all we serve. We offer Nursing Care, Personal Care, three meals a day and daily activities. The residents of Lehigh Commons can enjoy quality care from staff in a home-like and peaceful setting. Celebrating our 20th Anniversary in 2017!

Living an active, social and vibrant lifestyle is your priority. Whether meeting with friends, participating in social media, or taking a walk, you are a modern-day senior with aspirations of maintaining an active lifestyle for many years to come. Genesis is committed to the unique needs of each of our residents, promoting a comprehensive, all-encompassing approach to living that keeps you on the path of vitality.

Map of Lehigh Commons