Woodbourne Place

Reviews of Woodbourne Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Woodbourne Place

August 12, 2016

By Virginia261404

Woodbourne Place was wonderful. They were great. The gentleman in charge, Robert, was very informative and very good, kind, and courteous. The rooms were functional and homey, but the whole place wasn't too big. You have three choices for the rooms: studio, one bedroom, or a suite. There was a calendar of activities, and it looked like someone comes in every day to do something for the residents.

December 16, 2015

By George117977150

My visit at Woodbourne Place seemed very nice, but in the end, they weren’t able to actually accept my mother, because they couldn’t give the care that she needs. They seem very conscientious. They came and did an evaluation of my mom. Everybody seemed nice in that facility. The dining area was nice. The shared rooms were nice. The thing I like most about this facility is the fact that they have very friendly staff.

November 25, 2015

I liked Woodbourne the least because it was not very attractive and kind of dreary. The person I had an appointment with forgot. It did not make a great first impression.

November 22, 2015

By BJ7

Woodbourne Place was a nice place. They took my dad around to different places as many times as he wanted. The staff was nice. They gave me all the information that we needed, and provided back-up assistance because the person who we should have gone to see was not there that day. The rooms were OK. My dad said they were bigger than what he needed, but they were nice. The dining room looked nice. They had availability and had respite care.

May 24, 2015

By CouldbeBetter

I was promised travel arrangements would be made for both parents for doctors appointments. My mother has required transportation for mammography exams follow-up and has talked to the "wellness director". She has been told there is no transportation. Prescription drugs have been given to residents without checking whether said prescriptions are taken. The "world class" chef with 35 years of experience has served sandwiches for both lunch and dinner with no fresh vegetables or fruit. Obviously the chef doesn't understand or practice nutrition or a wll-balance diet. Two years ago choices were available for lunch and dinner... not so much now.. Two years ago there were weekly bus trips to Walmart and Dollar store. Judging from my parents debit card these trips are limited to once a month. This information was verified with two other residents in addition to my parents.

April 27, 2015

Woodbourne was simple. It had only 49 patients. If you were looking for glamour, it wasn't it, but they pride themselves on being small enough that they could keep an eye on their patients. They had big apartments. They had their social recreation on list, and they took the residents out a couple of times a week if they wanted to go. They took them shopping or so. I didn't try the food, but I looked at them. They used one of the big companies for the supplies for their meals, but they had their own kitchen. It looked clean, it generally smelled clean, and it was very simple. It would be a place I would take somebody who was not quite ready for a nursing home.

September 16, 2014

My father is at Woodbourne Place, and it is a nice place. But there were some things that I was kind of disappointed about, like when I first went in there, I could see through glass doors leading out to a beautiful patio with people who shared an umbrella, and I said to the saleswoman, "Oh, do you have parties here, like on the Fourth of July?" and she nodded yes, and smiled. Now, he's been in there since the beginning of June and they never once had a party. They've never once used that. Besides, the doors are locked and you can never go out there. It is just there for show, so that when people come in looking for a place to put their parents, it looks great. It is false advertisement. Also, they told me that they have a bus and they would take my dad to his doctors' appointments, but then later on that changed, and now I have to hire somebody else to take him to his doctors' appointments. There are just some things that they wouldn't be saying beforehand. His room is really nice; it is a beautiful room, and a beautiful facility. There is an activity room, and they have activities in there like Bingo, games, movie night, arts and crafts and stuff. I tried their food once and it was OK. My dad said it is OK, but it is only the same old food. It is not what you get in a home-cooked meal.

January 29, 2014

It is very close to where I live and it's very nice. It's only a 35-bed facility for the quality of care she really needs. It’s a smaller facility and the deal that she got with her room was really good. Her room is a nice-sized room and it had a private bathroom. These things were the main factors on why she chose the facility. They got a lot of games. They play a lot of old time music and they also do crafts. They also take the residents out to shopping. The staff are very good and they all seemed like they care a lot. They know what they are doing. The food is very good. She has eaten the food and she says the food is very good. It's good quality food and I'm very happy with this.

May 08, 2012

By Karent1

Other

I used to volunteer there and the staff were very honest and kind and caring, the people that were there seemed well taken care of.

Costs for Woodbourne Place

• Tai Chi

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Woodbourne Place

At Woodbourne Place, our senior care community in Levittown, PA, our personal approach to care helps residents feel at home. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time licensed nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. Our residents participate in engaging activities, such as bingo, exercise classes, movies, sing-alongs, and live entertainment. We venture out for excursions to nearby shopping and dining. Learn more about Levittown senior living by scheduling a visit today!

Our community is conveniently located right in the heart of Levittown, Pa off of Trenton Rd. - Our Chef has 35 yrs of experience in the food industry. He has also owned his own catering business for 22yrs. What’s his specialty you ask…Chicken Picante!

Map of Woodbourne Place