St. Mary Center

Assisted Living Reviews for St. Mary Center

Independent Living Reviews for St. Mary Center

December 21, 2015

By wmsamy13

As an RN with many years if experience in long-term care, ST rehab and other settings, including hospital, SMM gives poor care. I regret sending my father there for ST rehab after he walked into the hospital and had a pacemaker placed. He had mini-strokes with no permanent residual. In 1 week he formed three stage 2 wounds on his backside. The day I walked in at 4:15 pm and fiund him still laying in bed in the same position soaked in urine was the day I started caring for him 4x/day. We had to agitate to get the therapy he should have had. He lost a whole week of his covered 2 week stay. He was driving, walking independently, volunteering and had an active social life before SMM. They were going to take the $ and let him ROT - perhaps that's their plan to fill long term care beds??? The people who bought this facility are all talk - check it out: every facility they've purchased has gone downhill. They only care about $$$. May they answer to God some day for their crimes against humanity.

July 31, 2014

St Mary Manor has three levels of care. The archdiocese sold it and due to the large turnover, the state of the place really declined over the course of a month. My mother-in-law was at their nursing home before she passed away and she loved it there. She loved the staff. We never saw the day shift, but she loved them. When we were there at night, we weren't too happy with the night shift staff. It was a clean place. They had happy hour, Bingo, and there were crafts, too. She loved the salon too; I know she was involved with that. We met with the new people from New York who just bought the facility and we were all happy when they said they would hire new staff and get rid of lazy employees. They're changing over there, so I think they're going to be good. I think it's going to go uphill.

Costs for St. Mary Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Individual
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About St. Mary Center

St. Mary Villa is one of Montgomery County's finest retirement communities featuring Independent Living apartments, Personal Care Suites, and a special Memory Support Personal Care unit. As a member of the Catholic Health Group, our beautiful community is located in Lansdale and is close to shopping, restaurants, physicians, local senior centers and other necessities of life. Our residents are able to attend daily Mass at our on-site Chapel and find comfort in a place to reflect and pray, surrounded by our beautiful stained-glass windows. Our Pastoral Care staff is delighted to offer moral and emotional support daily. At St. Mary Villa our residents enjoy comfortable living areas, well-appointed dining rooms, and look forward to our delicious menu offerings each day. A well-planned activities calendar always gives residents opportunities for socialization and enjoyment.

At St. Mary Villa, our residents will find it easy to attend Mass at our on-site Chapel. Our residents will find a comforting place to reflect and pray, surrounded by our beautiful stained glass windows.

Map of St. Mary Center