Arden Courts of Jefferson Hills

Reviews of Arden Courts of Jefferson Hills

Memory Care Reviews for Arden Courts of Jefferson Hills

May 07, 2018

By BPFamfriend

Very pleased with Arden Courts of Jefferson Hills. From the facility design, to staff, and most importantly - comfort in knowing my dad is being well taken care of in a safe and friendly environment. With nice weather, happy that outside access is available to stroll the pathways, or enjoy sunshine in various seating areas. No possibility of getting lost or wandering off. Back inside, plenty of activities that engage the residents in trivia games, artistic crafts, sing-alongs and even card games. Best decision we made was selecting Arden Courts of Jefferson Hills as dad's new home. Thank you!

Thanks for sharing! We are glad to hear that you feel selecting our memory care community for your father was the best decision you could make. Also that you are happy with his care and the activities we provide to him and our other residents.

March 28, 2018

By fred B123

My wife was in this facility for 11 months and passed away there peacefully last time I searched all over the Pittsburgh area for a place that I thought I would be comfortable leaving her there every night I spent seven days a week with her and while there I had a great opportunity to visualize the daily activities. I always observed the most caring and concern for all the residents. I think the management ,nursing staff , and caregivers are top-notch. Hospice had given my wife a few days before they thought she would pass, the nursing staff , caregivers and especially management made a commitment to prove them wrong, and they did.through the loving care of all The associates of Arden Court, I was blessed with an additional seven months. I think it’s important to research all aspects of dementia care facilities, I would highly suggest a visit to Arden Courts in Jefferson Hills Pennsylvania. There a cut above anything that I was able to find In the Pittsburgh area.

Thanks for sharing Fred. We are sorry for your loss, but glad to know that you were happy with your wife's care while she was at our memory care community. Also that you felt our staff were so caring towards your wife.

March 23, 2018

By Sally Hanson

I do not have a lot of good to say about this place, it looks good on the outside, but your love ones are NOT being taken care of, the place smells and it is very dirt. Most all the people there are rude... they are always looking for help the sign are all over Routet 51... They only get a shower once a week and they cloths are washed poorly the whites are gray. Please take your love on somewhere else... they need to be happy also. Also they do not stimulate the resident to keep them happy and busy..

Sally, we are sorry that you had a negative experience with your loved one's care at our center. Although we cannot discuss any specific issues on this site due to patient privacy, we would like to talk with you about your concerns. Please contact our Care Line.

December 08, 2017

By happy pappy

I have known about Arden Courts for over 15 years. I have been in the building many times. it use to be a fabulous place with long term staff members. who loved the residents. Over the years due to unqualified managers the place is no longer 5 star. First of all the cleanliness of the building has gone down hill. the manager that used to be ahead of this department treated it like his own home and was very meticulous about the building.. The caregivers back in the day were mature, kind, loving, and they took pride in their jobs The nurses were knowledge, compassionate and they built relationships with the residents and their families. They are now short staffed and you see signs all the time along 51 for help wanted and also ads on Indeed. They are unable to keep good staff. Its a shame because it used to be the best place in the area.

We are sorry that you are having a negative experience with some of the nurses at our center. Although we cannot discuss any specific issues on this site due to patient privacy, we would like to talk with you about your concerns. Please contact our Care Line.

September 19, 2016

By Thomas451157

Arden Court was also very nice especially for Alzheimer’s patients. The facility itself was very good; my problem is that it’s a little too far away. The rooms seemed to be spacious, staff seemed to be very nice, and the residents were very satisfied.

January 26, 2016

By Terry118770650

My mother-in-law was at Arden Courts for approximately two hours in the dementia unit, and then passed away. They were separated into four different wings, and there were only 15 dementia people on one wing. For the tour, they were very accommodating. There were private rooms with just a bedroom without a shower. They went elsewhere to get showers. It was small, but it was very cozy. One of the main reasons we ended up choosing them was because of how friendly, and caring the staff seemed to be.

January 13, 2015

By anonymous100710850

I think Arden Courts was excellent. They have nice rooms which were small, but they were clean and comfortable. They have a lot of people available on staff; the woman who showed me around has good interactions with the residents, and they adore her.

June 02, 2014

By jollyroger

I have been a frequent visitor of this facility for several years now due to my father's placement there. In the beginning, I loved all the staff and nurses. However, as staff came and went and the new D.O.N came, everything is horrible. From the receptionist always having an attitude, particular nurses always with caregivers in the nurses office, to employees on particular shifts with attitudes that make me cringe.. Coorporate calls/complaints have been made and yet nothing has ever been taken care of. I have personally witnessed a fall in which the nurse was called for over an hour and daylight staff repeatidly called the nurse and it was an HOUR later she came. At that time the girls had already picked the resident up. Unfortunately we are now looking to move my loved one from a facility that was at one time a decent place.. I do not recommend to others.

March 01, 2014

By Ariell

The nursing staff and the residential aides are very attentive, but because the staff to patient ratio is limited, it is difficult when the care levels increases for each patient at a given time. One more aide on each wing for a partial shift would be helpful to keep residents clean and dry. Dietary aides and daily housekeeping would be an asset.

November 11, 2013

By martinij

Both of my parents lived out there last few years at Arden Court. The staff was wonderful, loving and caring. I got to know most of the staff over the years, and was always amazed at their patience dealing with dementia patients. Staff cared for both of my parents in different but appropriate ways. They maintained their dignity and respected them. They took my mom to a Pirate game in 2011 and took the time to ensure that it was successful. She was such a Pirate fan that she was thrilled with the event. It gave us siblings the nudge to take her there three more times! I cannot say enough about the time I spent there. Even the folks with advanced dementia were cared for very well. The activities they had to celebrate the 4th of July, Veteran's Day, New Year's Eve etc were fun times to be there. Arden Courts allowed us to use the big room to celebrate birthdays etc with our large family. Yes, it costs a lot to be there, and we are fortunate that our parents could afford it. We did try several other facilities where staff did not treat my parents well...including the Directof of Nursing. At Arden Courts, they took an interest in my parents....in their lives before and in their lives past. It is an amazing place....

August 10, 2012

By Lovearden courts

Words cannot express my love for this community. My husband was living with me at home, I was his caregiver. At some point I knew I would need to find a facility to place him to ensure the safety of us both. When he began to question who I was and that our home of 52 years was not his home. I knew it was time. I stopped in on a Saturday afternoon to pick up a brochure. The staff was so gracious and the Marketer Terrie came in on her day off to meet me. I loved the building on the first tour, the residents were dressed so well and the smell of home cooked food radiated in the building. There was a singing program going on and it was filled with happy residents. Each staff member introduced themselves to me, and was so sincere. Throughout the next month the decision was made with my children, that we would move my husband into Arden Courts. We toured at least 6 others facilities. The move in process was so easy and the transition was smooth. Not only were they worried about my husband but there was concern for me. My husband has been living there for 8 months now and I believe it was faith that brought us to Arden Courts. The staff is wonderful; he is always happy and smiling. He enjoys the outdoors and has a group of friends he attends the activities with. It is amazing to me he does not call them by name but he looks for them as well as they look for him. Since he has become a resident there he has a busier social life than I do. The food is fantastic and the proof is a 5 pound weight gain I am pleased about. There is not one staff member I can say does not love their job there. It truly is a gift that we have both have become a part of the Arden Family.

August 08, 2012

By No-good

I seen too many things go bad here, residents being ignored, walking around with fecies all over them and leaking out of diaper. May times walked in and urine all over floor they sit around and do nothing exciting, most end up with life threatening bead sores They do not get washed the way they showed. I would never put any loved one in here. They are there to make money, not care for. For paying 5,000 a month you would think they would have decent food and longer than 5 min to woof it down. Sad place. Caregivers are a joke

June 29, 2012

By georgesalaske

It seemed like this facility was very safe and secure for the residents. There was advanced security throughout the buildings, such as keypad entry required to enter/leave mostly every door. Most of the residents there are far gone mentally, but some of them seemed to still have some of their young minds still with them. The staff seemed very friendly and more than willing to do whatever was necessary for the residents, despite their extremely needy tendencies. I know my cousin has a seemingly infinite amount of stories regarding some of the strange things she sees the residents do while she's at work. It's really somewhat sad to think that some of these people have become a victim to a disorder so powerful it can completely erase a person's entire history and identity from their memory. Grandparents can no longer recognize their children and grandchildren. Residents forget how to eat, bathe, or do simple mundane things you and I do every day and take for granted. The entire experience was saddening, sobering but rewarding at the same time. It definitely instilled within me a new set of values I was lacking before.
See all Memory Care reviews (21) See fewer reviews

Photos of Arden Courts of Jefferson Hills

About Arden Courts of Jefferson Hills

Memory care is all we do.

Arden Courts offers dedicated Alzheimer's and dementia care in a safe and secure environment. We take time to learn about each resident's life story and preferences so that we can focus on providing the personalized memory care your loved one deserves.

Our staff is specially trained in the latest Alzheimer's and dementia caregiving techniques for many types of dementia including:

• Alzheimer's disease
  • Frontotemporal dementia
  • Lewy Body dementia
  • Combination of dementia diagnoses
  • Parkinson's disease dementia
  • Pick's disease
  • Vascular dementia

We also care for residents who wander and who display sundowning behaviors.

Our structured programs and personalized assistance help each Arden Courts resident maintain their highest level of independence and promotes their sense of well being.

Arden Courts is an intimate and comfortable community with delightful home-like settings, socializing areas, dining and entertainment, and easy access for residents with limited mobility. Our enclosed landscaped courtyard areas and 1/4 mile of walking paths are perfect for residents to socialize, exercise and garden while being safe and secure.

Our all-inclusive monthly fee simplifies budgeting throughout the disease process.

Call to arrange for your personalized tour of Arden Courts and see for yourself the difference experience makes at Arden Courts.

We know. We understand. We can help.

Map of Arden Courts of Jefferson Hills