Whispering Oaks Hermitage, PA

Reviews of Whispering Oaks

Independent Living Reviews for Whispering Oaks

March 31, 2017

By Connie543573

Whispering Oaks was absolutely beautiful, but it was independent living, and we thought my mom needed a little more help. The price was good. I would certainly recommend this place, if they're able to walk. It had a beautiful dining room. The staff people were very friendly and worked with me because I couldn’t decide whether to go with them or the other place. They are top-rated.

January 20, 2017

Whispering Oaks is attractive, comfortable, and filled with light. It has great food. It’s a wonderful community with very accommodating, understanding, and caring management. It doesn’t have a lot of competition for the price point, but I’m very pleased with it. My father is very pleased; what more could he want?

July 27, 2016

By Jerry541382

Whispering Oaks didn't have a garage and a pool and several other things that I was looking for, but they did have entertainment and food. The dining area and the rooms were clean. They furnished transportation and had a parking lot that's quite a ways off, and I wasn't overly impressed with the parking facility. The personnel was very sincere. I'd give them a 10.

January 26, 2016

By Bob119135250

My mother has been in Whispering Oaks for two years now. It's excellent. The management is solid, and the facility itself is beautiful. It's independent living. However, you can subcontract if you wish as we did for additional support. They have two chefs. They have about 200 residents there, and probably 30% of the residents there are contracting with either Lutheran care services or other support. Like you could have someone come in to get your parent in, and out of bed for bathing; but it's not a nursing home. They have exercise programs every morning, they celebrate the holidays, they have groups from the community come in for entertainment, they do weekly blood pressure screenings, and the standard cookouts during the summer. It's a very good situation. She's in a studio apartment, and it has a kitchenette with a sink, cabinets, small refrigerator, and you can provide a microwave if you wish. There was a room for a dining table. The front part is a kitchenette. To the left is the bathroom which has all the standard things that you would need for someone who is aged; a living room area where we have a loveseat, and electric lift chair. The food is very good. The main meal as usual is at noon, but what they have that day is what they have that day. I told them I'm a diabetic, and as much as I like this place I couldn't live here because I can't get a diabetic diet here.

September 26, 2015

By Frank45

My mother-in-law is at Whispering Oaks. Everything has been very good. Everybody was very friendly and welcoming even during our visit. It was very bright and clean and that is important. We had one or two lunches there and we found it to be very good.

Costs for Whispering Oaks

Photos of Whispering Oaks

Services and Amenities of Whispering Oaks

• Independent Living Starting At: $1959/month

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Whispering Oaks

Whispering Oaks is located in Hermitage, PA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Whispering Oaks for a visit...and stay!

Map of Whispering Oaks