The Quadrangle

Reviews of The Quadrangle

Assisted Living Reviews for The Quadrangle

March 06, 2017

By mrssarge

Do not go here.. No one cares, no one returns phones calls or has any contact with family members about patients needs, concerns, medications or improvement or lack there of. This goes all the way to the top and never spoke to doctor at all .

November 07, 2016

By Robert484727

My visit at the Quadrangle was great and fine; I considered it. It’s quite spread out, there’s a lot of walking from one area to another, and the physical limitation didn’t seemed to be a good match. The amenities were nice.

November 01, 2016

By visitor013807

The Quadrangle looked very nice, and they had a very nice dining room. They had very nice looking rooms. They had a little kitchenette, a mini refrigerator, a microwave oven, and a sink in each room. The staff was very helpful.

May 10, 2016

By Visitor Son

We’ve made a decision and signed at The Quadrangle because it offered the widest range of activities, the rooms were spacious, the staff appeared to be very nice, and the food was very good. It’s well maintained and very close to where we currently live, so we will maintain our contacts with our physicians and local nurses.

December 25, 2015

By Andrea30

I like The Quadrangle. They have lots of activities, and it was big, and it had very nice grounds were you can walk. The staff was terrific. All the people that we met were very helpful and very good.

November 22, 2015

The Quadrangle has a good reputation, but it has been bought by a for-profit. It simply is not as good as it once was. They have a nice pond and many residents that are intellectual, but I don't think they have enough staff to keep the place up because it is for profit.

September 30, 2015

The Quadrangle was excellent. We would have loved to move my mom into that facility, but I think for us the put off was big. There need to be a huge a down payment advanced, prior to her being able to move in, which would have required her to sell her home first and that wasn’t possible. The facility was extremely clean. The staff was incredibly knowledgeable and they knew their residents on a first name basis. The facility was unique in that the place was almost like a complete condominium itself and it to be modified individually to that person’s liking. They also have lots of activities and I like the fact that the residents are the ones who determine what activities are going to be held or not held or even decisions like what kind of food is going to be serve in the dining hall, which was a restaurant style dining. Very different way of organizing senior living, because it was all organized by the seniors living there, so they have a sense of control and autonomy. They served us with the dessert which was delicious.

May 04, 2015

We went to visit The Quadrangle, and the place seemed too big for us, but the people were nice. It was just overwhelming for us, and I don’t think that would be good for my husband. We saw the rooms, and it was very nice. I feel that the staff was very well informed.

September 30, 2012

By dskip2008

Very poor facility. Witnessed incompetence, dirty conditions, mouse droppings and few activities for patients. Poor food. Overpriced facility . Incompetent staff.

July 11, 2012

By elisabeth1106

The staff was very friendly, the place was very clean and the facility was large. The rooms were nice and it wasn't too incredibly expensive. What intrigued me most was the amount of activities they provided. Once while I was visiting, a local high school's choir came and performed a concert. The concert was broadcasted on the televisions in each room, so even if a resident was unable to leave their room without assistance, they could enjoy the wonderful music. The choir was very good and stayed to talk with the residents. There was food provided and it was like a little party. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I know the residents did too. I also liked the rooms, they were spacious, very clean and quite comfortable. It was a little pricey compared to some other facilities, but well worth the price. The staff was attentive and friendly; we never felt as though we had to worry about their honesty or work ethic.

June 28, 2012

By eeees134

This facility seemed very nice. The residents were happy and the staff seemed to enjoy working there. It felt more homey than I expected and was very clean. The residents seemed to have a lot of things to do and the food seemed pretty good! The amenities were nice. This facility is in a very nice area as well and the residents had a lot of access to the community through shuttle services.

July 30, 2011

By Participant

The Quadrangle is an assisted living facility that has a lot to offer those looking for a stable place to live with some assistance. There are plenty of residents and neighbors to interact with as well as activities to keep you occupied during the day. There are also opportunities to go on trips to different places in the area. The Quadrangle has many different options of living ranging from apartments to rooms in the main buildings. All buildings are safe and secure and offer assistance 24 hours a day. Active members of the community will find plenty to do, including playing tennis on the courts located directly on the property. There is also a fitness center, pool, and a craft room. The Quadrangle is a great place for any retiree looking for quality living in a great location. They are very accommodating and have plenty of activities to keep residents satisfied.

June 24, 2011

By four

My Grandfather lives in the Quadrangle. I typically visit him once a week and spend about 2-3 hours there, so I have a good feel for the place. The rooms are average size and very comparable to a college dorm room. There are personal bathrooms in each room, which is certainly a plus. All furniture is ours so nothing is provided by the Quadrangle. The campus is large and houses several different units. The on my grandfather is in, as a dining room, community tv room, and a library. The dining room is nice with round tables that fit 10 people per table. The food in my opinion is not the greatest, but it may be because alot of the food is watered down or made softer for the older population residing there. The library is small but is suitable. The staff that I have seen have always been very nice and polite. They are very attentive and seem very sincere about helping older folks. Overall I am very impressed and happy with the care and quality of the Quadrangle.

June 10, 2011

By elemide

Other

Had learned about the place from a colleague who'd worked there. Given my experience, I wasn't at all disappointed. From the very serene surroundings to the very courteous staff members and relaxed residents, it does rank high among the many similar centers I been to.

Nursing Home Reviews for The Quadrangle

February 04, 2018

By Privatename

DO NOT ALLOW YOUR LOVED ONE TO GO TO THE QUADRANGLE FOR REHAB!!!! They are unorganized, understaffed, and most (not all) have no real concern for their patients. The physical therapists & some of the nurses are good. But too few to matter. My father fell on the floor in their care because no one answered his nurse bell to help him get to the bathroom. He was later found bruised on the floor waiting for help. They disregarded his dietary needs. (Low salt & lowsugar) and served him bacon 3 days in a row! Even after personally speaking with the diatician. THE FINAL STRAW.... My 90 yr old father was driven back to the Quadrangle from Dialysis and was given a walker to go back to his room. A nurse found him wandering lost down the wrong hall. He could barely stand, he should not have been given a walker!!! He was weak and should have been put in a wheelchair and brought back to his room. He passed away minutes after struggling to get back to his room aided by a nurse. When I arrived shortly after to visit my father the doctor told me what happen with no compassion whatsoever !!! I cannot get my questions answered about why he was not brought back to his room in a wheelchair. DO NOT LET THE FANCY EXTERIOR FOOL YOU! I WISH I HAD READ THE OTHER REVIEWS BEFORE ALLOWING HIM GO THERE!

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Quadrangle

July 17, 2017

By Douglas

The Quadrangle was an absolutely gorgeous facility, and it was the nicest of the facilities we saw. They had a 9-hole golf course on the estate, they serve meals, and there's a doctor's office on the campus that you could go to. It seems a perfect place to be, it's just simply unaffordable. They require a million dollars in assets and we don't have that, that's why it was the worst. They didn't tell us that ahead of time, and we kind of wasted our time. As soon as they found out that we didn't have the million dollars, they recommended other places that were more affordable. They totally abandoned us.

May 10, 2016

By SharonJEINB

The Quadrangle was very warm, welcoming, and beautiful. Everyone was very nice. I liked the apartment that they offered me. The food was excellent, and the staff was wonderful, knowledgeable, and explained all their plans and showed me every feature that they had there. It was just a wonderful tour.

February 02, 2015

By Qwertyuiop

The Quadrangle is a wonderful place. The staff and residents are warm and friendly and welcoming. The residents run the activities,and there is always something interesting to do, from almost all the arts, to woodworking, jewelry making, knitting, line dancing, bridge, you name it. There is a full time fitness director, with regular exercise, water aerobics, pool. tennis, swimming, working out in the gym, golf, tai chi, yoga, even ping pong. The motto is "the life of the mind" and there are many intellectual activities such as book clubs, a writing group, current events, religion and science lectures and study groups and classical music concerts. as well as a "joy of singing" group. The grounds are extensive and beautiful. You feel very much "taken care of" here. There is a clinic with outside doctors who come here and special units for assisted living, skilled nursing and dementia. We love it here.

January 29, 2015

The staff were very nice at Quadrangle. They have a selection of different styles; they have one-bedroom, they have one-bedroom plus den, and they have two bedrooms.

November 20, 2012

By purpleteam

My parents were independent residents together for more than 10 year & my mother alone in the skilled nursing care for 6 years. In the skilled care area one couldn't ask for more sincere caring from the top skilled employee to the lower eschelon maintenance/housekeeping person. My family was extremely pleased with the attention and concern given my mother. Before my mother's stroke, my parents were very happy with the activities and meal times which they participated in as independent residents. Because of my parents' experiences, I plan to move to a continuing care retirement facility when it is "my time".

June 22, 2011

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt
  • Renal

About The Quadrangle

Just minutes from downtown Philadelphia, The Quadrangle is nestled on 74 rolling, wooded acres on Philadelphia's Main Line. We pride ourselves in our identity as a full-service life care community fostering the life of the mind.

Sunrise Independent Living is for seniors who want to maintain their rich and rewarding life without the responsibilities of running a household. Here, you're given independence and options. We offer a choice of apartment floor plans, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping services, exercise and wellness programs, and much more. It's ideal if you're an active senior who wants to focus on the things you enjoy most in life, but yet have assistance available should you need it.

Map of The Quadrangle