The Manor At Oakridge

Offers Independent Living

4500 Oakhurst Blvd, Harrisburg, PA 17110
The Manor At Oakridge (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by January 31st. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of The Manor At Oakridge

Independent Living Reviews for The Manor At Oakridge

September 02, 2020

By Dakota73

I have been a resident of the Manor at Oakridge for over 3 years. I have been more than happy with my room. My room was selected by my son while I was in Atlanta. He made an excellent choice. It is a large studio with a large balcony that I use often. It has a lot of morning sun for my plants. The balcony is large enough for a table and 2 chairs, a rocking chair and a lounge chair. The staff is wonderful and treat me like a special person as does the management. They all do an excellent job of making us all feel safe and wanted. There are many activities for those who want to participate. All residents are encouraged to participate. The most activity seems to be bingo and many different cart games. The exercise room is well like also. My favorite amenity is the washing machine room. There is also 3 meals a day offered with many choices on the menu. The best part of that is no dishes to do or tips to leave at the table. There is weekly room cleanings which include vacuuming, bed changes, and cleaning bathrooms. There are also many, many other amenities that I appreciate. The biggest one for me is safety. I am very happy here and plan to stay for a long time.

September 01, 2020

By gratefulniece2020

My aunt moved in to The Manor at Oakridge in April 2020 and even during these rough times she absolutely loves it. Staff and residents are caring and friendly. Place is neat and clean. Highly recommend! Affordable! She loves her apartment and the food.

May 05, 2019

By Dommysmommy

Wonderful place for seniors! The staff was kind, caring and attentive to residents needs. Activities were available throughout the day including games, worship services and exercise class. Residents could sign up for bus trips to local attractions and shopping at local stores. Delicious, full course meals including dessert at lunch and dinner. Very nice rooms kept clean by the cleaning crew weekly. When my time comes, I want to live at Oakridge. Definitely consider this facility for your loved one!

January 31, 2019

By Ed

My mother loves The Manor at Oakridge. It's a nice place. They have a hairdresser on-site, a worship room, a game room, a community room where people sit and watch TV, and tables with different activities like puzzles and word board. They serve them breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She has an efficiency apartment, which is enough just for her. The staff is good and very helpful. She's enjoying the food there. They have an exercise room, a computer room, and a room set up where they can do cooking and baking if they like.

July 30, 2018

By R.M.

We had a tour of The Manor at Oakridge, we had lunch there, and we also had a nice discussion. They showed us a small apartment, and everything is all in one building. They have something going on pretty much all the time. They have a dining room where they serve three meals a day. They also have an exercise facility, and the people can go on outside trips as well. The staff was very good.

Hi there, thank you for the positive feedback. We appreciate the kind words, but it looks like you accidentally left a one star review. If you do have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us. We would be more than happy to help!

May 30, 2017

By mike260352

My mom really liked The Manor at Oakridge. She said that when the time comes, it would be a really nice place to go. The staff was excellent. During the tour, we met with people who were serving lunches, so we had lunch there, and the food was very good. The way it was delivered to the people was very courteous. The whole setting was really clean, up-to-date, and well maintained, and there wasn't an odor at all. It was a really nice place to be. There were things for the residents to do, tables all over the place for puzzles, there was a billiard table and TVs. In the TV lounges, if you want to get together with somebody or your family, there was regular furniture, like comfortable chairs. It reminded me of staying in a place down at the beach. It was a really homey place. The apartments were very roomy and had a living room, a bathroom, and bedrooms. Some of the two-bedrooms even had two bathrooms and they were well lit. Everything was in really good shape. The apartments didn’t have ovens, but they had a microwave which was enough because you were provided with your meals included in the monthly bill. They had an on-site hairdresser and a beauty salon and transportation to take you wherever you wanted to go; you just had to request it for the next day. They also had lots of places where you could walk, and I got a very safe feelings about it. It was really well maintained and very nice, and the price was very reasonable for what I thought they were offering. They were very clear on what was covered and what wasn’t. You start out as independent living in your apartment, and then as you need more care, they will bring staff to take care of you, for an additional charge. They provide you with a safe place in a community and had events scheduled. The whole atmosphere was like living in a really luxurious house or hotel.

May 24, 2017

By terry376431

The Manor was very nice, I had lunch there, the food was very good, and there was a healthy choice. Although, the manager knew that I was looking in Virginia, he really pushed for the place there, and I felt really uncomfortable with that. There were outside activities; you can take the bus and go shopping, or you can go to your doctor's office. Sometimes a group would go out to dinner, or sometimes they had arts and crafts.

March 31, 2017

I didn’t like The Manor at Oakridge. It had small rooms, was older, and seemed dingy. The carpets were not new and seemed dirty.

October 10, 2016

By Nancy083040

We went to The Manor At Oakridge. We really like this place. The management was extremely friendly. They worked hard to show us exactly what my husband wanted. The people that live there were very friendly. They have a reading room, and they have a church there every Sunday. I like that they have a podiatrist that comes once a month. They have physical therapy right there in the building. The other thing that I thought was really nice is all the doors going into the apartments are like front door on a house. It was really nice.

June 10, 2016

By Esther012213

The Manor At Oakridge is a nice place, but I didn’t care for the location because it’s too far from me. The dining area looked nice and big. Everybody who worked there seemed very nice and friendly.

March 30, 2016

By Lisa126243750

The overall friendliness and the appearance of The Manor at Oakridge made us choose the place. The rooms are very clean, bright, and very spacious and include a kitchenette. The two managers live there, so they are able to deliver care 24 hours. The staff and the residents are very friendly. The staff told us that they do seven activities per day, like walking clubs in the morning, bingo, bus trips, and performances.

March 30, 2016

By visitor122991850

The Manor was wonderful, but it just didn’t fit the needs of my mom. The staff was very nice, I think they have a place to work out, and I saw the dining area.

February 15, 2016

By Bob119973750

We visited the Manor at Oakridge. The rooms were larger, and the dinner was very good. I wasn’t so impressed with them.

January 31, 2016

By Luann4

The Manor was under construction. I didn’t really like it as well, I didn’t get a good vibe from it. It was more like an apartment house complex and not homey

August 21, 2015

By Lori47

We signed a lease with Manor at Oakridge. The factors we considered were location, services, and price. They have bus trips, movie nights, bingo, games, and all kinds of interactions. From what we've seen so far, everyone is excellent, friendly, and caring.

June 20, 2015

The Manor at Oakridge is a very nice place. I like it very much. I have a one-bedroom, the size is big, it is not stuffy or close, and it is very nice. The dining room is wonderful -- good food. They got bingo, poker, pool tables -- they have all kinds of stuff here.

April 07, 2015

We visited The Manor at Oakridge before, and it was a very nice place. The rooms were just very well done. However, we were not ready for this yet. We just want to see what it was like.

July 31, 2014

By Judi5

The Manor at Oakridge is a very clean facility. They have housekeepers that do the laundry once a week and empty the trash once a week. The people are very friendly. They have community activities. They have a bus for transportation, but it doesn’t have a lift. They have full meals provided per day with lots of options and alternatives. Usually the meat is very soft and tender and that is very good for people with dentures or no teeth. You are welcomed to bring in guests and you don’t have to give notice in advance. The grounds are well kept. The staff were pretty good and they were very kind. They have very nice activities in terms of bringing in orchestras and people that play instrument and entertain.

May 30, 2014

By Kathy84906650

The Manor was a very warm environment. It was a great value for the price. The staff was very committed. The rooms were nice. They were bright and had lots of natural light. It was maintained and well kept. It was designed with ease in mind. The dining room looked good, and it looked as though people enjoyed themselves socializing with each other. It's what we actually selected.

May 10, 2014

My brother is at Manor at Oakridge. The facility is very clean. The food is OK, but nothing spectacular. I think they have a lot of activities and things going on. He is in a one-bedroom with a restroom and a kitchenette. The residents are independent, so they look healthy enough. I think what I didn’t like about it is when you need somebody to give you pills, you have to pay for the service.

November 27, 2013

By Marianne7

Mom was previously at The Manor and she was there for five months. It was a beautiful place. However, we didn't have a good experience there. We were very specific about her financial means and her condition. The director, which was also the manager had told us that VA would pay for it because he said that even though it's not an assisted living, it's like assisted living and they would take good care of her. Unfortunately, none of them was true. We lost a lot of money because he told us later that VA benefit would not consider them as an assisted living and it cost us $5,000 to $6,000. They didn't provide the care that we were promised. It was very disappointing because they allowed to move her in knowing she had Alzheimer's. But she ended up wandering outside as nobody took care of her. Then they called up and said we had to stay with her until we find her a nursing home.

Hello Marianne, thank you for your review. We regret to hear of this occurrence, and apologize for any miscommunication that may have occurred. We hope to get a second chance to show you how great our leadership is. Thank you

October 27, 2013

The staff at The Manor went a second mile in terms of coming to see me to get to her. They were delightful. The facility was very nice. Their grounds are well kept. Another thing I liked about them is that you can have pets and that is exceedingly important. Most of the activities I knew where in-house activities like groups coming in, performances, and discussion groups. There is a van that is available for use or transportation. They have, as I recall, limited medical services. They also have a beauty salon and the residents can have cars.

August 09, 2013

By John66771750

After visiting several other place, my brother seems to like The Manor at Oakridge best of all so we place our mother there. It is a safe and well-lit place. They have three meals a day and serve by a wait staff. It is a good place for her because she can get around with her walker.

June 15, 2012

By fabledkh

First of all, The Manor at Oakridge is located in the best possible area for a retiree. The facility is positioned in an excellent area on the outskirts of Harrisburg city, in a quiet and well kept neighborhood. There are very few cars around, making the place clean and peaceful. Also, the facility is only walking distance away from a host of attractions and shopping centers. My grandfather has access to museums, parks, malls, and various other attractions without needing the aid of an automobile. The facility itself is incredibly cozy, designed specifically for an atmosphere that the older generation appreciate. The staff I met were all friendly, courteous and professional. One young man in particular took the time to explain virtually everything to me about their daily schedules and safety procedures to ensure me of their guests well being. Simply put, the facility was impressive in every way possible. The only negative thing I could possibly bring attention to is the rate of living there. It's pricey--very pricey. On the other hand, of the facilities I'm familiar with, none of them are exactly cheap. In the case of The Manor at Oakridge, the level of luxury more than makes up for the price. I couldn't be happier with where my grandfather ended up.

Costs for The Manor At Oakridge

Photos of The Manor At Oakridge

Services and Amenities of The Manor At Oakridge

• Independent Living Starting At: $2039/month

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Garage

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Manor At Oakridge

The Manor At Oakridge is located in Harrisburg, PA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Manor At Oakridge for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Manor At Oakridge