Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg Harrisburg, PA

Reviews of Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg

Assisted Living Reviews for Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg

May 30, 2017

By mike888217

Greenfield Senior Living at Graysonview is not a good place to put my mom in, and she definitely does not want to go there because of the way the facility was and what was offered. She will have a little room to live in and that was it. The facility had a lot of odors. We were invited for lunch and I took one look at the food and felt like they had better food at school cafeterias. I looked in the kitchen, and it didn’t look like a good facility at all. Even the common areas for the residents were like public commercial settings. Desks were lined up so they could watch TV. It was definitely not good. The staff who gave the tour was excellent, very informative, and very courteous. They pointed out what was available, what they will do, and what the costs will be. There was a lot of costs that were add-ons, like if you need help with medication or problems with bathing, it is more per week. We really liked the people we dealt with, but the facility itself was depressing.

February 09, 2017

By Linda605326

It was very pleasant. They met us at the scheduled time, and we discussed the place. It was very interesting, informative, and very nice. They took down some information about my mom. The staff was very pleasant and very nice. They had a separate dining room, which was nice. There were activities going on.

November 05, 2016

By Mrs.Gable

Wow, I was impressed as soon as I walked in to the community. Everyone was so friendly and the residents were engaged and happy. Had a great tour and all of my questions were answered. I would definitely recommend the community and it's at the top of my list!

April 06, 2016

By Bonnie123205950

I visited and toured. It was very nice. The staff was very wonderful, very pleasurable, and accommodating. They had pretty much everything, like playing Wii on the TV when we were there, bingo, and cards. They had a little gift shop. They served breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and I believe they provided bus service to doctors' appointments upon request.

December 15, 2015

By Janice117684150

The tour at Greenfield went well. The residents looked happy. The evaluation of my parents didn’t go well, though. We didn’t care for the way their nurse handled the evaluation. The rooms were OK. The dining area wasn’t as large as with the other facility we saw. It was meal time, and nobody was eating there, but they did have a smaller dining area.

November 29, 2015

By PR1

The staff of Greenfield is very good. The apartments are spacious, and they have bingo and television time. Everything was great. The price is better and fits our budget.

November 27, 2015

By Sue113899450

Graysonview was very nice. The staff was very helpful. The tour guide was very nice and invited us to lunch. The food was good. The apartments were very nice.

November 25, 2015

Greenfield Senior Living was my least favorite of the place I visited. I did not like the atmosphere or the feeling that I felt being there. There was an odor when you walked in; I?ve worked in nursing facilities, and that?s not a good sign. The other thing is, it's in Harrisburg, and I?m looking for something on the West Shore which is closer to where I and my step sister live. The rooms were adequate. The head nurse was pleasant and had answers for my questions.

Memory Care Reviews for Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg

Questions about Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

To provide the appropriate care to those with memory loss, our team undergoes Virtual Dementia Tour Training. During the Virtual Dementia Tour, trained facilitators guide our team members through common everyday tasks and exercises while outfitted with patented devices that alter their senses. The tour enables our team to experience the physical and mental challenges those with dementia face and to ultimately provide better person-centered care. Additionally, our memory care team is specifically trained on working with residents who have dementia, how to live in their reality, and to meet them where they are.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents range in age. The average age of our residents is late 70s, but we have residents as young as their early 60s and several residents nearing or over 100. Our dedication to our residents helps them to continue to age in place with us, which is something that we pride ourselves on.

What programs or activities does Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Many of our residents enjoy music, puzzles, bingo, card games, trivia, dining out/ordering in, movie nights, bible study, and exercising.

What places are near Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Commonwealth Senior Living is a great centralized location. We are less than 10 miles from both Hershey & Camp Hill, with quick access to 83, 322, & 81. A local favorite of residents is the Promenade Restaurant, or head just down the street to go to The Wharf.

What transportation services does Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation is available for all medical appointments, Tuesday-Thursday each week at no additional charge.

What makes the chef or dining program at Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Dining Services Director has been part of our community for over 20 years and excels at finding something to satisfy even the pickiest of palates. Our residents receive two unique options at each meal, but can also choose from our everyday offerings.

What safety features or security measures does Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg offer to assisted living residents?

Every resident receives a pendant that they can push at any time. Not only does this pendant alert our care team to the resident's need for assistance, but it also alerts us to where the resident is at within the community, in the event they are participating in an activity outside their suite.

How does Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We are proud to offer the Smile program to help our families stay connected to their loved ones. Smile is an online program that gives you insight into your loved one's daily activities through a private portal; You can see what is happening in the community as well as which activities your loved one attends. The portal also includes the monthly calendar, newsletter, and dining menu. Additionally, our care team is available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about your loved one, and our Resident Care Director communicates regularly with families regarding any changes in their loved one's condition.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have a minimum of two staff at all times in our memory care, with a maximum of 16 residents.

What programs or activities does Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Through our Life Kits, our team is able to engage residents using items that are important to them specifically. When a resident joins us in our memory care, our Activities Director sits down with the family and talks through what was important in that resident's life and how we can help to create moments of joy for that resident using items that bring back the best of memories for them.

Our Memory Care Director assesses all new residents prior to them moving into our memory care neighborhood. Our care team pays close attention to each resident, carefully observing them for changes. Additionally, our Memory Care Director re-evaluates each resident after 30, 60, and 90 days. After this initial evaluation, the plan of care is updated as needed, or at least every 6 months if no changes have been noted.

What techniques does Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Dining in our memory care neighborhood, Sweet Memories, is truly an experience. Breakfast starts with a warm citrus-scented towel being provided to each resident to help cue them that it is time to wake up as well as stimulate their appetite, and dinner starts with a lavender-scented towel to help the resident to relax as evening approaches. Additionally, our multi-colored dishes allow for residents to be able to see their food when their vision and depth-perception have faded as a result of their dementia diagnosis.

How does Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Commonwealth is tucked away in a residential neighborhood.

Costs for Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 10
  • Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 331980

About Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg! We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management and weekly housekeeping and linen service.

The attentive and experienced caregivers provide compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you'll be sure to feel right at home.

Map of Commonwealth Senior Living at Harrisburg