Providence Place of Dover

Reviews of Providence Place of Dover

Assisted Living Reviews for Providence Place of Dover

July 12, 2013

By Diane30

Providence is more of rural area and my mom is kind of a country girl, so we thought she would be more comfortable in that type of setting. The atmosphere and the cleanliness of the place is what impressed me most. For activities, residents would get to go for a country drive at least once a week. Also they have a trip every week to go to a grocery store or a department store. They also have exercise classes, bingo, etc., just almost anything to fit anything someone would like to do. From the time my mom stayed there, she is a changed person and she has adapted well. She said that she would not want to go home again. She is very content to where she is, so we're very pleased with that. The staff is very caring, helpful, and very concerned to their residents. We are also very pleased with them. Also the food they serve there is excellent.

June 19, 2013

In Providence Place of Dover, the staff is helpful. There is always someone there to take care of my mother in law 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. They also have a lot of activities for her, though she hasn't participated in a lot. She has dementia. The room that she is currently in right now is spacious enough for my mother-in-law.

July 23, 2012

Very clean, safe and comfortable home. We were very pleased with the owner and the staff. The home smells very good with fresh cooking lunch or dinner, no unpleasant odors whatsoever. All bedrooms were tidy and clean, no visible dust, fresh flowers are in every room. Residents look and sound happy and well take care of. Good home to be in.

June 22, 2012

By Izlude

The facilities are very nice, and offer a range of help options from completely independent living to highly supervised living, even a dementia wing. It is a Christian based company so there is a great deal of fellowship provided for the residence which in my grandmother's case was very helpful in the transition from her own home to an apartment in this facility. The grounds are well kept and attractive. The staff is somewhat transient (high turnover rate), but to my understanding this is quite common in this type of care facility. The staff that has been there longer has many connections with the residents and are always friendly to visitors as well. The facility is also very interested in having families involved, even sponsoring holiday parties and summer picnics to create situations where families are more likely to visit the residents. This provider was very helpful as my grandfather deteriorated and it became necessary to increase his care and supervision. They were able to do this without infringing on my grandmothers independence. They even took charge of coordinating transportation for my grandmother once my grandfather needed to transfer to a skilled care facility.

About Providence Place of Dover

Providence Place of Dover is a senior living provider in Dover, Pennsylvania that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Providence Place of Dover for more details on services and rates.

Map of Providence Place of Dover