Sycamore Creek Nursing Center

Reviews of Sycamore Creek Nursing Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Sycamore Creek Nursing Center

January 26, 2017

By MYDADROCKS

Love this place, My dad is getting the best care here. I asked to tour the facility prior to placing my dad, I was told to stop any time so there was no staging, The facility is clean, the staff is friendly, and the approach is to involve the family in care decisions. There are plenty of activities for the residents. Although I would love for my dad to be able to come home, if that is not possible, I know he will get great care here.

July 21, 2016

By Debbie H841005

Caring Heights was nice and close, and the price was good, but they had dogs and the cats running around. My in-laws don't have any pets, and I asked "What do you do to keep them out of the rooms that my in-laws are in?" And they said, "We could put a baby gate for them not to go into those rooms." My mother-in-law uses a walker and my father-in-law has Alzheimer's, so they're going to have to be the ones to remove the baby gates to get out of the room and put it back in. That just doesn't make sense. I think it's run-down. They need a fresh coat of paint and some new furniture. In one of the empty rooms they showed us, the mattress was all sunken into the center and had a cat laying on it. When you're paying $5,000 a month, it's not right. But the staff was very friendly. The dining area was average. They had a lot of residents who needed help eating. It seemed like there should be more of a separation, but it is a small facility. In the right wing, you have people who stay as residents, and to the left are the rehab people, so I understand that they mix them together, but there are some who need total care. One thing that my mother-in-law does not tolerate is people being placed in a wheelchair and sat in the nursing station. They showed us an activity room where there were two people in wheelchairs just sleeping there with nothing going on.

January 07, 2016

By Kelly A

My father was moved to this facility from a nearby hospital for the final stage of his life. He was only here for 1 week before he passed. The entire staff was wonderful. They went above and beyone to make my dad as comfortable as he could be. The very attentive and accomodating at a time when they could of just given up, They also made special arrangements for us when my dad's roommate was very mean and onery and not very happy we were always there. We stayed there 24 hours a day, only leaving to go home and take showers and change clothes. This was not a problem and the staff even took care of us bringing us juice, coffee and snacks. Although we not involved in any activities, there was always something going on to keep everybody busy and involved. They do have some animals in the building, like a couple house cats and birds. They do allow dogs as visitors which is great for those animal lovers. I would recommend Caring Heights if you are looking for a good home for your loved ones,

February 27, 2015

Caring Heights is literally five minutes from my other sister. She just wanted something different and a new place. They have a very similar activity program setup there, and they also have rehab in the building. They were good and pretty knowledgeable. It doesn't matter what kind of meals my mother gets because she is going to complain about the food no matter where she is. She is a complainer, so she doesn't want to do the activities, and any of the food she is not going to like it. At this point, those factors don't even weigh in on the decision. They have therapy dogs walking around. They do have a lot of activities like the other places. The therapy room seemed fairly open. There is space for her to walk with her walker. She could have plenty of room. For the most part, the tour was fine. They have hospital beds. She is in a hospital bed, and she is doing nothing on her own. She needs some oxygen 24/7, so she really needs a place that provides all this medical care.

December 11, 2014

By Karen102892750

I stayed at Caring Heights for a few months after my surgery. It was a wonderful place. While I was there, it was great. It was really good. It was a very positive experience all the way around. I was in a nursing care facility. It was in a very nice neighborhood. The grounds were very clean. The nurses were excellent. The ones that took care of me were more kind and more considerate. It was really exemplary. I moved in during December, it was all decorated for Christmas, all of residents had their doors decorated, and those who couldn't, the nursing staff would decorate their doors. They had a Christmas party where they brought in entertainment. They served shrimp, crabs, and all different kinds of wonderful treats. They even served champagne, and we had the same thing for New Year's Eve. Everyday, they always had at least three different things that you could go to, whether it was manicuring your nails, getting your hair done, or baking cookies and crackers. They had a lot of activities. I will absolutely recommend them to friends and family. You also need to know that their rehab department was excellent. The wouldn't let you get away with "No, I'm tired today." I had three hours of occupational therapy and three hours of physical therapy every day, six days a week. They just kept you from the ground up. My roommate had had a stroke 13 years prior, had been paralyzed from waist side totally down, and could not walk. She had been in a wheelchair for 13 years. I witnessed her taking her first steps in 13 years, and it was amazing. A nurse there had been my closest friend; her mother became my roommate.

October 09, 2014

The staff at Caring Heights was very accommodating, but as usual there wasn’t enough staff to take care of their people. The staff that we did have contact with was very helpful. I just felt that it was more of a hospital type atmosphere rather than a home type of atmosphere. The cleanliness is very excellent and well-taken care of. They took care of my mom, they make sure she was bathed, cleaned, and changed.

August 28, 2012

By dubward7

The facility seemed o.k.; I had two family members spend their last days here. The nurses were pleasant, although I was wary about some of the patients that were roaming the halls. My grandmother had a few falls from her bed, so I'm not sure I can comment on the safety or the attentiveness of the staff. Another family member received infections and had to be transported to the local hospital a few times.Each time I visited the residents seemed to be participating in a structured activity or some other group event. Carpet bowling specifically comes to mind. The place smelled like you would expect a nursing facility to smell - whether this can be correlated with cleanliness, I can't speak.Sycamore is what it is. I wouldn't want to spend my time here, but I guess it is a nursing facility above all and not necessarily a vibrant community. Over all, a dull, uninteresting place to live out your life.

About Sycamore Creek Nursing Center

Sycamore Creek Nursing Center is a senior living provider in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Sycamore Creek Nursing Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Sycamore Creek Nursing Center