Buckingham Valley Rehab & Nursing Center

Reviews of Buckingham Valley Rehab & Nursing Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Buckingham Valley Rehab & Nursing Center

May 18, 2019

By Joy Riley

My mom was here but we transferred her to another home in the area because of our concern for her safety and welfare. Mom needed a caring and understanding nurses but she got ones that looked angry every time they came into the room. Sometime my mom was scared to call for assistance because she was afraid Valerie would come. I witnessed on more than one occasion nurses telling residents to be quiet. The final straw was one night, we had an incident where another resident drifted into mom's room and when she woke up, the person was standing next to her bed. Mom's roommate luckily got an orderly to come in and take the person away but the whole episode had my mom very shaken and afraid to go to sleep. I wish I could be more positive but it's a facility more than a "home." Uncaring, unfeeling from the top down and the culture there needs to change.

May 11, 2019

By LibbyF

I have been looking for a nursing home for my Mom and decided to pay a unannounced visit. Well, I entered the facility to find a very angry woman behind the reception desk, who looked upset that I even talked to her. If this place wants to make money, you would think at least the receptionist would try to be nice. After some back and forth another woman came out to the lobby and took me on a tour of the facility. Upon entering the main hallway, all I saw were elderly people lined up against the wall in their wheelchairs. I thought there was some reason for this like a drill or something but my "guide" just laughed and said that it's easier to keep track of them like that. Uh..ok. We proceeded down the corridor and I saw a physical therapy room, which looked nice and then we looked in some of the rooms. The rooms were very stark. No decorations, two residents in a room and no privacy. the doors are all open and it felt like a hospital. I know some reviews commented on the odor but I felt like some areas have a better smell than others. The nurses seemed too busy to actually care about the residents and were bustling around doing things. There's a lot of noise. If your loved one wants peace and quiet in their final years, this is NOT the place. I could hear a woman screaming from one of the rooms as I passed by. I soon figured out that the "roamers" were the ones they lined up against the wall and the "screamers" are the ones they try to keep in the rooms. I just did not get a good feeling from this place but perhaps others have a different view. I think it all depends on your expectations and what your loved one can handle.

May 09, 2019

By Wendy Marshall

I usually never write reviews but felt compelled to in order to save others from the heartache I experienced. My Dad was in the hospital after a fall and we were not able to take care of him because of his other medical issues so he was transported to Buckingham Valley. It was nearby and thought that it would be a good place for him to get the care he needed. After six months, Dad was not doing well. When I would visit him, he seemed disoriented and angry. He was never like that. There was a rancid odor in the hallways even though there's always someone with a wagon and mops just standing there. I have never seen them actually mopping. One time, there seemed to be urine on the floor inside my dad's room but when I asked what it was, I got a snippy answer from the staff saying it wasn't a "big deal." I found out later that another patient had wandered into his room. I think the staff was the worst, though. The person at the front desk always seemed to be bothered if I asked her a question or even when I was signing in. Some of the nurses seem to think very highly of themselves and it's really frustrating because they won't take suggestions and act like they don't even know you when you've been coming 4 times a week for 6 months. My Dad was one of the "lucky ones" that got out.

April 30, 2019

By LindaG145

I don't know where too begin. My mother was a resident here and we ultimately had to remove her because of the horrible environment. First off, don't expect a lot of attention--the staff chit chats in the corner most of the day and ignores the poor residents. My mom was subjected to angry staff members that acted like they had better places to be. I think the worse thing about this place is the horrible odor.The odor is so bad, I can see why they can't keep employees for too long. If residents are bathed and taken care of, you should not have that type of smell. It's just terrible. I don't understand how they can have a facility with that type of environment. Did I mention how dark and dingy it is? Don't expect your loved-one to have plabts in their rooms because they won't get light. Doesn't anyone care? Yes, you get a few "good ones" but mostly the "caregivers" are angry and dismissive. I saw a man lying in his bed that looked like he had not been attended to in a long time. His bed was filthy with waste and he was moaning for help. Run from this place. If you love your family member do not send them here. I pray for the poor souls that have to live there.

January 31, 2019

By research man

Rooms are cluttered and dark. Vines and shrubs over windows prevent sunlight from coming into rooms. Parking is unsafe with numerous holes . There is no consistent staff. Staff appears over worked and stressed. Activity assistants do not stay due to non supporting administration. Amenities do not exist. CNA'S are non communicative, and are not trained.

January 31, 2019

By Jacks5

I don't know where or who the others are who reviewed this place but it could not have been where I stayed. The staff was great, it was clean and I got great rehab. Sounds like a lot of sour grapes employees to me! This is a good facility.

January 19, 2019

By doidle

Rooms are dark and depressing. Floors and bathrooms are never thoroughly cleaned. Staff is clearly overworked and under stress. There is no interaction between staff and residents. Current activity person is detached , and spends more time talking with kitchen staff. She is not in attendance during group activities. Call bells ring constantly, and residents call out for help. .

June 04, 2018

By knows the ropes

Bonus's are not making anyone put their professional license in jeopardy. Newly admitted patients decline quickly if they do not have an advocate to get them out. Food is tasteless and mushy. There is never enough dietary staff to serve meals on time. CNA'S are poorly trained. Nurses are agency and do not know the residents. Intestinal illness is prevalent. This place should be on the board of health fast track toward closure.

April 10, 2018

By nursing detective

Do not be misled by ANY positive comments made by management. They are afraid this place is about to be closed. Rooms are very dark. Walls are dark drab green, furniture and blinds are dark. Bushes have covered the windows, cutting off any sunlight. There is always a musty unclean odor in halways and around the dining area. Food and utensils are on the floor all times of the day.Residents call out all day. Call bells ring continuously. Staff walks around in a fog. I have never seen a Dr in this place. Food is not palatable.

March 21, 2018

By snoopydo

This place is in constant chaos. Breakfast is always late. Staff turnover is the norm. They are always short staffed. Room are dark with gloomy decor. Residents are depressed. Food is deplorable. No supervision in the evening or weekend. Activity person was exceptional and caring. So sad she left due to lack of any support.

January 21, 2018

By zippydob

This place is dirty and has a musty odor. The food is mushy and tasteless. Family members must bring in food. Always short staffed with frequent turnover of staff. This is a for profit place and they cut corners wherever they can. Call bells ri g onstantly, but go unanswerec

October 29, 2017

By flopsy

Hard to express how sad this place is. Nursing home is dirty and has an obvious odor. Residents appear fearful and sit for an extended time waiting for any help. There is no supervision of staff. Meetings and useless committees are a cure- all for everything. Director of nursing is not on site. Medical director is unseen. Owners are out of country The only plus is an amazing activity person. She is caring and creative. She treats all residents with great respect and dignity. This p,ace would be a A+ if management was like her

August 29, 2017

By misterboy

Constant outbreaks of Intestinal illness. Food is not prepared properly. Food handling is poor. Patient rooms are dark and dimly lit. Beds are unmade, with piles of dirty linens on the floor.. Bathrooms are soiled with dried feces on the floors. Owners, management, dept. head names are not available. Decline of this facility is obvious.

March 20, 2017

By abc12345

Other

It pains me to give even one star, but giving zero stars is not an option. My family member had personal property stolen while at this facility. Call bells ring for hours at a time until the patient has no choice but to wheel themselves to the nurse station to ask for necessary medication. This place is filthy everywhere, absolutely bottom of the barrel. We looked at the same disgusting food stains on the floor for days. I feel terrible for the patients who are not cognizant enough to advocate for themselves. We had my family member moved to a different (much better) facility. Please do not send your loved ones to this sad excuse for a nursing home/rehab. There are many other options which are a thousand times better than Buckingham valley.

January 15, 2017

By Watchful care

An odor is always present in this facility. There is a constant turn over of staff. Many of the workers do not speak or understand English. Residents appear sad and depressed, unanswered call bells ring constantly.There is usually soiled linens, dirty food plates and pieces of food on tables and the floor. Residents eat in the hallways and corners. Food is not appetizing in any way. This was a well run facility until new unknown owners took over. Cna's are lazy and stare at you if you ask for help.

October 24, 2016

By ResidentsGrandson

My grandmother has been a resident at Buckingham for several years now. From my perspective it is an excellent facility. Whenever we visit I can tell that she is being taken care of very well - she is always clean, dressed and in good spirits. I don't recall it ever being dark - occasionally there is an odor in the air but I am not sure how something like that could be completely avoided. The facility seems to be in a constant state of upgrade - every time that I go there is something new and/or improved. The staff is also friendly and attentive. One of my grandmother's aides has even taken her home for the weekend to give her a change of scenery - I have not been to many of these facilities but I have to assume something like that is very rare. I would not hesitate to recommend Buckingham..

September 28, 2016

By stayhealthy

Usually detect an odor on arrival . Facility has no dining room. People eat wherever they can find a corner. Food is poor. Many families bring food in. Environment is dark and gloomy. Call bells ring constantly, with a long wait for help. Medical director oversight is minimal. Constant turnover of staff.

June 14, 2016

By dskize

The care was very good but they could use more help. Food was acceptable. In general it seemed well kept for all of the use it gets. Someone is always cleaning. The aides and staff are a United Nations of people. PT seems acceptable, they all care about their patients. I am happy with my stay. Advocates are around to smooth out problems. Residents in rehab are very old.

February 15, 2016

By Caring Wife8

I went to visit someone at Buckingham Valley. It wasn’t as clean as the other places I had visited, but it was OK. The people were very nice. The aides were very attentive. The food was very good. It was an older place, so it had sort of an odor to it. Otherwise, it was nice. The people were nice, and from what I saw, the aides were very cooperative with the people.

July 07, 2012

By CaringDaughter2

My dad had alzheimers. He was a resident here for a fractured leg and due to the anesthesia, remained a resident until he passed away. If my mom had known the poor condition of the facility, lack of communication, and lack of attention to the residents sooner, she would have moved him to a better place. The short time he was there, they had 2 different directors. Neither one seemed to care about the residents. When making a decision make sure you visit more than once, talk to the residents and the people that come to visit them. Also find out who the covering doctor is and talk to them directly. Look for facilities that specialize in Alzheimer patients. There is usually a waiting list. Note: There were a few nurses that were caring.

Services and Amenities of Buckingham Valley Rehab & Nursing Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Buckingham Valley Rehab & Nursing Center

Buckingham Valley Rehab & Nursing Center is a senior living provider in Buckingham, Pennsylvania that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Buckingham Valley Rehab & Nursing Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Buckingham Valley Rehab & Nursing Center