The Bryn Mawr Terrace

Reviews of The Bryn Mawr Terrace

Nursing Home Reviews for The Bryn Mawr Terrace

July 03, 2015

By anonymous1244

This was my first stay at a rehab facility and I found it to be very good. The staff is also great especially the therapist. Diane and Debbie were my therapists and they were excellent. Everyone in general is nice to the patients including nursing and the CNAs.

June 25, 2015

By A Nephew

My Aunt has been at Bryn Mawr Terrace for four years. As a result of a terrible auto accident, she is in need of 24 hour care and help with almost everything she does. We have found that the staff at the facility not only attend to her needs, but also genuinely care about her. It is comforting that the Nurse Manager, the nursing staff, the aides, housekeeping, billing, the therapy department and management are all very dedicated, considerate and approachable. My Aunt's care is everything that we could hope for!

June 16, 2015

By aashmead

I was here at BMT for 5 weeks. I found the therapy excellent, the nursing care is good. The staff are considerate of my time and very helpful. The administrator is responsive. Housekeeping, my room is always nice and clean. I think the food needs improvement, the hairdresser experience was also a positive. But otherwise, my experience here was very positive.

June 11, 2015

By Interested family member

Please be cautious in bringing your loved one here. The quality of care by the CNAs ranges from hostile/passive aggressive to excellent. You must be present and attentive to the circumstances each day to assure your loved one's safety and well-being. It would appear that the facility is unaware of the challenges that the residents are experiencing. Good advice that was given to our family, by a long-term resident's family member, is that "you must be here with your loved one, things are usually okay but there are problems." We are relocating our family member to safer and kinder surroundings. It is most unfortunate due to the fact that the nursing staff is excellent at Bryn Mawr Terrace however they are not the personnel most frequently in contact with your loved one.

March 21, 2015

By s wigs

I am a resident of Bryn Mawr Terrace, and I find the level of skill to be very high level. The level of care that I received and currently receive to be exceptional. A very high level of professionalism is present at all times, along with experiencing a personable atmosphere. I find their therapy department to be very skillful with a program that custom fits the needs of each individual resident. I would recommend this facility to anyone in need of a highly skilled facility that provides great care.

March 05, 2015

By Newyork

My father was a resident @ Bryn Mawr Terrace for 15 months until he recently passed away at almost 102 years old. When we originally brought him here we were concerned about how he would accept his new surroundings. After about a week, he said "I like it here....I think I'll stay". Now that would put a smile on any family member to hear those words!! The nurses and NA's were so attentive in giving attention to all his (and our) concerns and following through with the appropriate medical attention when needed. Meals were nutritious and his preferences were honored. He even gained weight. All members of the staff were so supportive to both him and the family. We always felt we made the right decision to choose this facility for him.

February 28, 2015

By Cassandra

My experience with Bryn Mawr Terrace was horrible. My husband died having been rushed from there in the middle of the night. I felt they were not attentive to his needs and that his crisis might have been avoided. When my husband rang to be helped into bed as he was tired from sitting in a chair, the care person said she couldn't help him because she was delivering dinners. In other words the people who are responsible for patient care are also the waitresses. This is degrading to the workers and very harmful to patients who need help and must wait and wait. I finaly hauled my husband into bed by myself constantly praying that I had the strength and that he wouldn't fall. The man in the other bed had his TV on loudly from 7 in the morning until after ten at night which severly agitated my husband. Staff refused to do anything about it. There was no choice of food and it was so awful he couldn't eat it and I had to bring food from home. Are there any decent nursing facilities? Be very very careful

February 17, 2015

By huddybuddy

My Mom was sent to Bryn Mawr Terrace after suffering a stroke. The care she has received has been wonderful. Attentive staff have helped Mom to once again enjoy life. So pleased with Bryn Mawr Terrace, my Mom is happy to call this place home. She enjoys hot meals, the kind and caring staff, a beautiful, clean and sunny room. I am now able to sleep at night knowing that my Mom is safe and well cared for!

February 10, 2015

By Pammy G

My mom stayed at Bryn Mawr Terrace after a quadruple by-pass and was incredibly pleased. My father was a resident for a while there as well after his hip and knee surgeries. We were very pleased with the care, value, and personalized attention they gave us. The neighborhood is safe and the center is clean. The whole family felt as if we were part of their organization thanks to a team effort by everyone there! Thank you Bryn Mawr Terrace. We would refer you in a minute and have always been pleased with the service you offer!

February 10, 2015

By Eileen Newcomb

My uncle has been in Bryn Mawr Terrace for over 4 years, and he has been very happy and content there! I have found that the nurses, nurses aides and staff are extremely knowledgeable and compassionate with my uncle. George, one of the social workers, has been very kind and accommodating. He has given me solid advice concerning my uncle's care for which I am very grateful. My uncle has always said to me, that he thanks God that he is in such a good place, with such good care. He has met some good friends there, especially those he met when he lived in assisted living. These wonderful men still come to visit him in skilled nursing! All in all, I have no complaints. Thank you all for taking good care of my dear uncle!

July 03, 2014

By Alexander14

My mother was recently a resident for rehab after a 4 month stay in the hospital. I have NOTHING positive to say about this place. Her care was rather involved but she was completely bed bound and reliant upon the staff. Everyday I would visit her and her sheets were wet due to leaking fluids. They would leave her on the bedside commode for over an hour. The facility never smelled clean and all the workers sans a few nurses were ambivalent and catty. I actually had my mother removed into home care because I could not take having her treated like an animal any longer. Please do not put your loved one here...or even anyone you don't love. No one deserves to be neglected this way.

June 24, 2014

By Bamajo

My mom recently fell and broke her hip. She was at BMT for 10 days and we are happy to be moving her elsewhere... Some nurses and CNA's were terrific! Overall though much was substandard... There was no continuity in PT and she got different folks every day although they said they were trying to have the same therapists tend to her... The OT was asked to tape a schedule to the wall In her room to give some structure to her day and that never happened. The intake totally missed the fact that she had aphasia and they never even gave her Speech Therapy of course. We were given a hard time about setting up appointments with other medical professionals like an eye doctor, although it was necessary. She was fearful all the time because she couldn't get words out to express herself; no one realized that! I don't think my mom got adequate help or therapy at all!

October 30, 2012

By ms1312

The place was nice on the outside, but was a bit dated on the inside. The facility smelled, and did not have the nicest staff. It was laid out well, meaning the placement of the rooms and ease of accessibility was good. Yet the staff was terse and not very nice to the patients. The lighting was a bit dark and the rooms were not very comfortable. We could not control the thermostat and found that the nurses took a while to get to emergencies. We also found that complaints fell on deaf ears and that it was hard to get a response from someone when we needed help. There are not many assisted facilities within a short distance so we did not have too much of a choice to go here.

May 09, 2012

By oliver11

The appearance of the facilities are very appealing to the eyes. Good atmosphere, pretty decorations and view and landscaping. The lobby and sun-rooms are very relaxing and comforting and helps with the atmosphere when visiting family or friends. The staff and nurses are friendly and seem to care for the residents very well, some are ore friendly than others, the cafeteria or dining are is very clean and they have various choices in foods for the residents. They have multiple forms of entertainment to keep the residents busy and they seems to enjoy it and stay happy. The staff answer to the residents needs in a timely manner and does into seem to give them a hard time or attitude. The only bad thing is the smell.

November 09, 2011

By Joodles

In visiting this facility, I felt uncomfortable and concerned.I was there with a friend who was checking out the facility for her sister who needed care. Not only was it unimpressive, it had a very cold and distant feel to it. The staff was not friendly, and did not at all seem to really care. I saw aides together talking while residents were asking for help; it was like they didn't want to be bothered.I heard two people crying out for help, and saw no one go to their assistance. Needless to say, we left feeling very bad for what we had experienced.I would not at all recommend this facility.

March 01, 2009

By April-2

My loved one stayed here

This place is horrible. My mother has been there for 3 days. There are bugs in her room and bug traps all around. The aids and nurses do not help the patients get around. My mother checked in for rehab and she needs help getting around and nobody seems to help her. The nurse and aids seem confused as to what meds the patients need meds and they contadict everything that they say. Also, The social worker has failed to pay a visit to my mother. She has requested for a shower several times (as did I) and they have failed to honor our requests.In the past, this place was very nice, but lack of updates and skilled employees have created an unproffesional attitude. I am very disappointed that this place was recommended by her docter. I am currently in the process of getting her transfered to a different facility.

Services and Amenities of The Bryn Mawr Terrace

• Low Salt
  • Renal

• Pets: All Pets

About The Bryn Mawr Terrace

The Bryn Mawr Terrace is a senior living provider in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Bryn Mawr Terrace for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Bryn Mawr Terrace