Bethel Park

Reviews of Bethel Park

Independent Living Reviews for Bethel Park

October 21, 2020

By Howard

Bethel Park was a very nice facility. It's a little far out, but I really liked it. I was very satisfied. I liked the condition of the facility, the professionalism of the tour guide, and how careful they are in allowing people to enter the facility (and this is relative to COVID-19). The rooms were superb and beautiful. The surroundings were beautiful, very nice, and comfortable. The outdoor spaces were excellent. I would live there. We saw people were sanitizing and cleaning. I would highly recommend them.

August 26, 2020

By appreciative family

Chris and his team are so caring just as though the residents are their own family members. The support staff and chef are all the best - so friendly and caring, they go out of their way to make the residents feel loved and valued.

February 11, 2020

By Laura

We're not happy with Bethel Park. They're not cleaning and there's a bunch of different issues. The food is horrible, too. Their activities are good, but my mother doesn't participate in too many. She's just not happy there. Her room is OK, but it's not cleaned very well. The staff is nice. There's a walking area, a treadmill, and a little bike in there.

Hi Laura, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our goal is to have happy residents and family members so your feedback is very important to us. We have light housekeeping on a weekly basis for our residents as part of our all-inclusive rates. Our community takes great pride in preparing nutritious and delicious offerings for all of our residents and our menu changes daily. Please feel free to reach out to our management team if you would like to discuss your concerns further. Thank you

July 04, 2019

By Marilee

We're very pleased with Bethel Park. My mother's settled in very nicely and it's meeting her needs at this time. They have church services, movies in the movie room, special things on holidays, ice cream socials, picnics, and transportation for shopping, to a movie or lunch. There's a nice library, a barber shop and a beauty shop on-site, a laundry room on every floor, restaurant dining in the dining room, and three meals a day included. She's doing better than we expected. She loves the food.

January 06, 2019

By Samantha

We went to Bethel Park, my mom really liked it, and she moved in. The manager was awesome, he made her feel welcome, and he’s outstanding. The maintenance guy came in to hook up the TV, and noticed the cable was out. The caregivers are great, and she loves the staff. They have a chef there, and she loves the chef. I had a couple of meals with her, they were fantastic, and she loved them. They have bingo, crafts, and my mom helped out with the crafts; she made centerpieces for the tables. They were playing Name that Tune yesterday. She has the smallest room, a studio 1-room apartment with no balcony, but the closet space is huge, and the bathroom is huge. It’s just awesome.

June 14, 2018

By Kelly

We're happy with Bethel Park. It's nice, pretty, and relatively clean. They keep the grounds very nice. Everyone is very friendly and nice. For what you're getting and what you're paying, it is definitely worth it. My mother hasn't really taken part in any activities, but I know there are always things for them to do. They have their largest meal at lunch, which makes sense. They eat breakfast at 8:00 in the morning. If you're retired, why do you want to get up at 7:30 in the morning and get dressed and go down to breakfast? They have washers and dryers, but you can't use them during the day because the staff is using them to wash people's sheets. They should have a separate washer and dryer for people to do their own laundry.

July 17, 2017

By Norma

We went to Bethel Park, and the food was highly salted. They had this veggie burger, and it was almost 800 mg of sodium when they said that was low sodium. They did have 2-bedroom apartments. The lady staff was very friendly. However, they don't have any managers all night. They lock the door at 7:00, and you're on your own. They give each client a medical alert button, and if there are any problems, you push that and the police will show up, which didn't really impress me too much. If something happened, they should call the paramedics, but the police come first. Also, they should lower their price a little bit; their prices were awfully high.

November 20, 2016

By Kathleen860675

Bethel Park is fine and nice community. They have activities, and my father seems to like the food, it is very good. It’s clean and organized. The staff and the people seemed great.

September 29, 2016

By Mari844342

We visited Bethel Park. It was nice. The food was good. It was nice. The apartment was extremely small. It was very small, tight, and crowded. There was no 2-bedroom available. There was only 1-bedroom. The food was very good. They had a lot of activities going on. They had some games being played. Somebody was playing the piano. It was very nice. Geographically, it’s too far from where we live ourselves; plus, the apartment was extremely small. But the staff was wonderful. She’s very good.

August 18, 2016

By Leo418342

Everything was fine, and the people were great at Bethel Park. I liked the location near my family and the accessibility. I tried the food, and it was good.

July 29, 2016

By Jess722756

We were favorably impressed with Bethel Park. It's a community that my mother is considering. The bedrooms are very small and very high priced for what it is. The two-bedroom is fine. It's a little expensive but OK.

June 27, 2016

By Diane401870

Bethel Park was very clean, and the people seemed very happy. They were having lunch when I was there. They were talking, laughing, and socializing. I thought that was nice. They gave a me a list of what is available to do.

June 22, 2016

By Michelle158138

We moved my mom into a one-bedroom in Bethel Park. It's a nice independent living place. They do three meals a day, cleaning once a week, and have nurses, physical and occupational therapists on-staff if needed. Everything is just perfect.

May 22, 2016

By JamesDUHKI

The staff at Bethel Park was very friendly and showed us all around. It was all good and the place was very nice. They gave us a good meal. We didn't find anything wrong with the place at all, but we are not just ready yet. They had some singing and puzzles.

May 10, 2016

By Tina46

Bethel Park was very nice and had large rooms. The staff was wonderful, great with the residents, and very nice. The dining area was wonderful, and the meal selection was fine.

May 10, 2016

By Caring CousinDXTAE

My cousin is at Bethel Park. Everything seems to be fine. There is a kitchenette in the room, and the bathroom is great. Her room is much better than where she was before. It is small but manageable for her. My cousin has some disability that she is coping with, so we have help coming in to give her physical therapy and aide comes in to bathe her. We have to do that all on our own because Bethel Park is just a retirement community. The food seems to be good, though, and my cousin seems to be happy there. There are many activities going on. Everyone seems friendly and caring, so it seems like a nice, homey place, but it does need a little updating. Other than that, I’m pretty much pleased with the place. They have a good response system. They have three call buttons in her room and seem to be very responsive. They have been very helpful through this whole transition of getting her in there.

January 29, 2016

By Caring Visitor13

Bethel Park was very limited. We were looking for a CCRC. It was a very nice facility, but it did not suit our needs.

November 24, 2015

By Jodene1

Bethel Park was very nice. The room my father would have been in was like 300 square feet wide, though, so it was basically just a small room with a bathroom. They had everything that all of the other facilities had, too, but I just couldn’t see my father spending $2,100 for a room that is that small. The facility did have a restaurant, a billiard room, and computer in the library, just like all the other ones. The staff seemed very nice, and the facility was very nice and clean.

August 11, 2015

My parents moved to Bethel Park a month ago. What they liked about it was that it was definitely within their budget -- it was affordable. They also liked that it was an independent living situation and not specifically an assisted living situation. They really love the apartment. It is huge -- two bedrooms, two full baths, very spacious, it's on a corner, large windows, lots of daylight -- and it's close to Peters, close to Mount Lebanon, close to places that they're used to. There are lots of amenities. My father has gone to a Bible study, and historians spoke the other day. They've had lots of entertainment. My mom does exercise three days a week. She is doing yoga, TheraBand exercises, and some aerobics with weights. There's a hairdresser on the site that does my mom's hair and cuts my father's hair. There's a bank that goes there once a week. St. Thomas More has a Eucharistic minister and a deacon that goes on Sundays, so they can receive communion. They're just really very happy there. There are lots for them to do, and they love the food. They have absolutely no complaints. The managers who are on-site are wonderful and extremely helpful. They really help them to integrate, meet lots of people, and feel like they were a valued part of the community.

August 09, 2015

By Sherry110614750

I visited Bethel Park. The staff was very nice. They gave us a tour of the place, but unfortunately, my sister needed more help. The services were available, if she would take more, but she was on a limited income. The rooms were all very nice. They were spacious, depending on how much you wanted to pay. We were practically there for lunch, it was very good, and the people were very attentive. They had activities planned for them. They were in the area where we grew up, and it was convenient to the malls and shopping. The place was absolutely beautiful.

July 20, 2015

By Cheryl110104750

I visited Bethel Park. The dining room was nice. However, the rooms themselves -- the ones they have set up -- they were more for people who don't cook for themselves. They didn't provide any way for you to have a stove or a refrigerator for you to be able to cook your own. You don't even have a dining room. I guess for the people there, they like it, I ate with them, and they had good food, but I would not want to eat in their dining room every time, so that was kind of my thing. I think it was a place where you're independent in a way, but not as independent as I would like, so that was a problem for me. My suggestion for them is to provide a way for people to be able to eat themselves in their rooms. It's just not set up the way I would like it. They were nice people, and they were pleasant, but it just wasn't for me. They do have activities for the people, but I don't know if I would even want to live in one because I don't feel like I need it, at least not yet. Also, I know they do a little bit of exercise, but they need more challenging exercises, so you push a little bit. The instructors there didn't know how to push you to your limits and not hurt yourself, but there are ways to provide everybody with more exercise because that's important.

May 24, 2015

By Dave30

The staff was very helpful at Bethel Park. My experience with them was positive. The rooms were good.

February 22, 2015

By Jim100591050

Bethel Park is perfect for my mother. It was excellent. She is 93, and she is comfortable. It was beautiful. It was more of a retirement facility than assisted living. They have a beautiful dining room and a wait staff. They had everything that I would probably be comfortable. The staff was extremely welcoming and very attentive, and I would highly recommend the place.

Questions about Bethel Park

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Bethel Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Bethel Park offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Bethel Park exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Bethel Park offer to independent living residents?

If Bethel Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Bethel Park work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Bethel Park

Photos of Bethel Park

Services and Amenities of Bethel Park

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Garage

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Bethel Park

Bethel Park is located in Bethel Park, PA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Bethel Park for a visit...and stay!

Map of Bethel Park