Elmcroft of Allison Park

Reviews of Elmcroft of Allison Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Elmcroft of Allison Park

December 26, 2016

By Penny382523

Everybody was sort of in a comatose at Elmcroft of Allison Park. It might be because of their age or physical and mental conditions, but they were just being housed. They said they had activities, but I didn't see anything. I was not impressed. It wasn't a fit for us.

December 08, 2016

By Sue221057

In my opinion, I wouldn’t put my in-laws in Elmcroft until they were really in need of help just because I thought it was a little depressing, although to others it is not. My in-laws are 87 and 90, so they are going to need more care, and I think Elmcroft will eventually be unable to help them, and then we have to move them again. It was a nice place, and the people were friendly and helpful. I liked the setting at Elmcroft.

September 07, 2016

By zeroname

my mother-in-law has been there for over one year. The staff are never around and you can't find them, EVER. They have a call button system that is a joke. Nobody shows up. We have waited over an hour at times and they still don't show. There has been times when my mother-in-law hasn't gotten a both in over 10 days. We have to complain in order for her to get a bath. There is absolutely no dignity for the residents there.

July 13, 2016

By Steve387203

Elmcroft was completely carpeted throughout. Anything that went into the carpet could not be cleaned out, and so there was a general odor that was there. For sanitation purposes, it was easier to maintain cleanliness on a non-carpeted floor versus carpeted floor. However, the size of room and the facility itself was fine. We looked at the activities and the dining room. All of those were OK.

March 18, 2016

By Lili B.

The visit at Elmcroft went very well. It was a very nice and homey but a little bit further away from where I am and more expensive. They have a list of things to do. The apartment has a little kitchenette and fits two people to a room.

November 25, 2015

Elmcroft of Allison Park had a good setting. Unfortunately, they weren't very friendly whenever I went for a visit. As soon as I walked in, it felt like I was a burden to them and putting them out. The residents were all very friendly and accomodating, asked me a lot of questions, and showed me their place, but the staff wasn't so nice. They should be more friendly to customers. They have three meals a day and snacks and drinks in the afternoon.

October 28, 2015

My mother moved to Elmcroft of Allison Park. It's a smaller community and is in a very safe neighborhood. They offer bingo, manicures, sing-alongs, Mass, communion, and community outings. It's very clean. However, there's not enough staff with the amount of residents there. They do not answer your call buttons in a prompt manner, and that is an ongoing issue that we have.

February 19, 2015

By Caring101198450

Elmcroft of Allison Park was very good. The staff seemed fine also. The rooms were adequately equipped. They had different trips out, and they had one movie a night. I would recommend it. It was a ground floor facility set up in a square with open center for springtime. They have cook outs too.

January 29, 2015

Elmcroft of Allison is close to both my sister and me. We liked the fact that everything is on one floor and that the facility is not too big. The room is a nice size so it is like having a normal living room. My mom is able to have her bed, furniture, and dresser in there. They provided the bed and the wardrobe, so there was a lot of benefit in that. The staff is very nice and very accommodating. Everything has been fine. They had an open house over Christmas, and they had a very nice buffet setup for everybody. They do Wii Bowling and play bingo. They have a social activity where they do coffee and cookies. They have all different things on the activity calendar. The best thing about the place is a toss-up between the facility being in a good location and the quality of care.

November 20, 2013

By Teresa24

Elmcroft of Allison Park looked fine. It was clean and well-kept. The environment was warm. It also looked nice and welcoming. The facility itself was medium-sized. It was not so big that it's overwhelming. They're only one-level floor. They have shared rooms and individual rooms. The dining room looked nice. They offer respite care and they have some rooms available for it. At some other places, they don't have rooms available for respite. Some residents looked okay but some were in their wheelchairs and some have dementia. However, when I went there to have church services, there were activities going on.

October 11, 2013

We didn't like Elmcroft when we visited the facility. Its old and it needs to be updated. It was kind of dingy and dreary. They really need to renovate the facility. They need to renovate their community spaces, their dining area, and the hallways, but what I like about this facility is that the people were extremely nice although I wouldn't place my father-in-law there.

Costs for Elmcroft of Allison Park

• Tai Chi

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: Licensed by the dept of Health Services

About Elmcroft of Allison Park

Elmcroft of Allison Park is located approximately 10 miles north of the beautiful city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, home of the Three Rivers. Conveniently located in a quiet and friendly neighborhood in the suburbs of North Hills, Elmcroft is characterized by its ranch style building. A large covered porch extends off the front of the community where residents can spend their afternoons "rocking away."

Accommodations and Services

Elmcroft of Allison Park is a Pittsburgh senior living community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Allison Park has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Allison Park features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.

Each apartment includes all meals and basic utilities as part of the monthly fee. Also, residents enjoy daily activities, private dining room for family and guests, library and sitting areas, bistro and billiard activity room, housekeeping services and many other amenities. Other services include a beauty/barber shop for a nominal fee.

The emphasis on activities is a main thrust of the service offerings. Social interaction is a vital part of overall good health and Elmcroft of Allison Park is committed to offering residents a full range of social, recreational and spiritual activities from which to choose. Scheduled transportation on the community van allows all residents to take advantage of travel activities.

Our Pittsburgh senior living community is truly a great place to live and work and is proud to be a part of the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania community.

A one story community, wander guard system, podiatrist, psychiatrist, ophthalmic services on site

Map of Elmcroft of Allison Park