Phoebe Home Allentown, PA

Reviews of Phoebe Home

Assisted Living Reviews for Phoebe Home

October 05, 2012

By eae1987

My aunt dislocated her shoulder in a nasty fall last winter. She lived alone and far enough from family that it would be difficult for family members to stop in and look after her during the week. My family and I decided that it would be best for everyone if we placed my aunt in a nursing home temporarily. We didn't want a regular nursing home but wanted to find a place that would help her rehabilitate her shoulder. After doing a lot of research my brother and I decided on Phoebe Allentown as they offered a physical therapy program. My aunt ended up spending four months as an inpatient at Phoebe. The staff really went above and beyond to work with her and restore the full range of motion to her shoulder. The nurses that helped her with everything from medication to picking out matching outfits were always so cheerful and friendly. My aunt has always been somewhat introverted and the staff at Phoebe did a great job of getting her to socialize with other patients. She actually still keeps in touch with many of her friends from Phoebe. Overall, I have nothing but good things to say about this facility. Unlike many nursing homes I've looked at the staff here was well qualified and were all well educated medical professionals with great attitudes. Everything from the day-to-day care, to the physical therapy, to the well balanced, nutritionally sound menus were extremely high quality. I visited my aunt many times during her stay and she was always so cheerful and happy. She really enjoyed her stay there and I appreciate everything that the staff did to make her feel so comfortable in a difficult time. I would highly recommend this facility for short term or long term care.

April 30, 2012

By bmw5029

My father was the person staying at this facility for a bit to recover from surgery for brain cancer. My father had no complaints about the facilities and my mother, who visited everyday for his stay, thought the same. Her only actual complain seemed to be cost - however, I really think that you get what you pay for in this sort of area. He had a single room with amenities such as an HDTV and lots of chairs for guests. Although his stay was short, it was indeed a pleasant one. When I visited, I found the staff to be helpful and kind. The facilities look very nice on the inside and outside. Meals were average for an assisted living facility. I didn't hear any complaints but there weren't many compliments on them.As a visitor, close parking and an easily found location are important to me also. This location is easy to find and has plenty of parking for guests. I would recommend this facility to anyone who needs assistance for a loved one.

Nursing Home Reviews for Phoebe Home

Services and Amenities of Phoebe Home

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About Phoebe Home

Phoebe Home is a senior living provider in Allentown, Pennsylvania that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Phoebe Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of Phoebe Home