Hidden Lakes

Offers Independent Living

400 Madrona Ave SE, Salem, OR 97302
Hidden Lakes (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 2 days

Red Tag Special! Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by February 28th. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of Hidden Lakes

Independent Living Reviews for Hidden Lakes

January 13, 2019

By Diane

My brother has moved into Hidden Lakes, and he's doing really great. He likes the community, and it suits him. They have a stretching class, dance class, work out room, and a path to work on that faces off the street. They also have social activities like ice cream socials, movies, and gathering or kind of interest groups, they have a library as well. The staff has been wonderful. They're very friendly, uses his name all the time, helping him when he has a question, and they're very good about fixing things in his apartment. The cleanliness is excellent, and overall my brother is really pleased.

July 23, 2018

By Lennie

Hidden Lakes was very attractive. It was a beautiful setting and they have a lake. We drove past the major streets that are on either side of this many times and had no idea that this community was there. It was kind of tucked away in a private, quiet area. The facility was clean, well maintained, and attractive. We stayed overnight in one of the apartments and we had a couple meals there, and we talked to the residents and the staff. The staff was very pleasant, very friendly, and very informative. The young man who showed us around around gave us all kind of good information. We were impressed. The food was not totally outstanding, but it was OK. The cottages were very nice. There were a lot of activities there. They had an exercise room, a movie theater, and groups.

August 21, 2017

By happy daughter

My father moved into the Hidden Lakes, and he's enjoying it. The room he has seems fairly clean. There are activities, usually one in the morning and one in the evening. They were discussing the outing that they're having. However, people who are wheelchair-bound cannot participate. The meals seem pretty good, and he seems happy with it. The staff is pretty nice and helpful with the move-in. There's a small library and computer area, a large outdoor walking area that surrounds the lake, and a TV room.

February 26, 2017

By Kristie671407

I looked at the cottages at Hidden Lakes. They had a nice layout, but they were pretty old. You could tell that there was a lot of wear and tear, and they quoted me a monthly rate of $4,000, which I thought was pretty outrageous for what I was getting. I am at the point of my life where I don’t really need any extra care and I can cook for myself, so I just didn’t really feel it was worth that much money for me. It was a very pleasant setting, the staff seemed to be nice, and the dining room was nice. The food was typical kind of bland retirement food, which I am not quite ready for yet. I wasn’t wildly impressed.

January 02, 2017

By Dori014440

Hidden Lakes was a little humid and crowded for my mom, and the dining room was very crowded and busy like a restaurant. It was a little overkill. Their food was very good. It just didn’t feel right for my mother. The place was big and felt more like a busy resort. It didn’t feel as personal or homey. They had a library, but no swimming pool. They have a beautiful lake with hiking trails around it. It was big.

November 14, 2016

By Mildred635821

Hidden Lakes was very nice. They accept dogs, but you have to be able to walk them and pick up after them. The rooms are small, and you have to bring your own furniture. The price for 1-bedroom apartments is $2600. The place was beautiful.

October 27, 2016

By Marilyn587346

The Hidden lakes is very nice, and my in-laws love it there. It was always really clean and nice. They had a really nice, big, corner unit, and they had their own furniture. The surroundings were beautiful, they had a lake, awalking path, and beautiful grass and flowers.

September 03, 2016

By Jolly Visitor

Hidden Lakes has walking paths, a lake that you can sit by, and various types of accommodations. They have cottages that are independent of the main building. We don't really want that because I don't want to go from one building to another just to have dinner. The facility is within walking distance of a Fred Meyer store.

June 28, 2016

By D Johnson048018

Hidden Lakes's rooms were rather small. The staff was nice enough. I thought the food was fine, but the service was very slow. I don't want to wait that long every day to get my food. They had a very nice dining room, and the rooms were quite nice but not very big.

May 24, 2016

By Gayle143734

Hidden Lakes is what my wife chose because she felt comfortable and had a good feeling about it. They have 58 cottages, which is what we're interested in. The grounds, the lake, everything about it is very homey. The other thing we were looking for is indepedent living, and they are just that. Their maintenance level is higher than most places we saw.

February 26, 2016

By Caring Relative15

Hidden Lakes is very clean, bright, and cheerful looking with good food and activities. The staff is very friendly. The rooms and apartments are very clean, bright, and sunny.

December 30, 2015

By Milo1

We liked the cottages and the facility at Hidden Lakes. It was in a town that had a lot of entertainment and stores.

December 16, 2015

The staff at Hidden Lakes were accommodating in finding out the best way to help my parents and make things work. We got a two-bedroom apartment. It was of nice size but a bit expensive. The dining facility itself is nice, but I think the food is not very good. I would definitely recommend this place.

September 16, 2015

By Cathy113446050

Hidden Lakes was strictly retirement. It doesn't have the assisted living connected to it, but it was our first choice. It had a lot of amenities, but the rooms were not that large. They also had cottages. We had eaten there three times because we knew somebody that lived there.

May 28, 2015

By Dee19

Everything was great during my visit at Hidden Lakes. The staff seemed fine. They do have different kinds of activities like exercise and Bible study.

March 14, 2015

Hidden Lakes is pretty good. The staff is very nice and very helpful. The room that we looked at is smaller. They only showed one, and it was not what we were looking for. It appears that they have a lot of activities and a lot of different stuff available. I was not impressed with their dining room. To some people it would be OK. The one thing I did not like about that is the meals are regimented. They only serve it at certain times and that just didn't go over well with us. If she missed it, then she missed it, and I didn't like that. The time frame should have more leniencies on the meals.

November 30, 2014

By Marv2

Hidden Lakes is very attractive. It is well designed. The staff is great. The dining facility is outstanding, and they have a five-star chef in there. It is just very well done and very well thought out. They take good care of the people. They have entertainment. There are various groups in the community that come in. They have speakers that come in on various subjects. The residents can indicate an interest in certain areas, they'll find the speaker, and the speaker will come in. They have a library, a piano, and a small gym. They have somebody that works with the residents on flexibility. It is very good. It is called Hidden Lakes because it surrounds a small lake, so they can enjoy the lake out there. The combination of the setting, the amenities, and the design of the community itself all work together.

August 28, 2014

By schwarze77

The cottages at Hidden Lakes are very, very nice and more up to date. It's absolutely beautiful. They do have a whole lot of activity scheduled every single day and it's quite varied. They have various game activities as well. Their food is excellent and their staff is outstanding.

August 28, 2014

Hidden Lakes is truly a lovely place. It has everything anyone could ever want. It was lovely and we had a wonderful day, but it was not for us. We did not see what's called the cottage while we were there because they didn't have any empty; however, the other facilities that we saw were delightful. We have relatives of good friends who are living there and they like it very much. The grounds were delightful. There was a wonderful walking path. There were lots of facilities for activities. They had wonderful food and great fellowship around the table. They had book clubs, Bible studies, and pool tables. They had all kinds of program. If you're looking for a place, it had everything. The staff was very delightful.

July 31, 2014

By Louella1

I choose Hidden Lakes because it is beautiful. It is in a beautiful setting with a beautiful lake and fountain. The apartment that I am renting is cheaper and it is great. I do not have a kitchen, but I have a counter top with a refrigerator underneath, my microwave and a small sink. The staff here is incredible. All of them are pretty young. Most of them are fresh out of high school and some are even still in high school. They are amazing. They clean the rooms once a week and change the bed linens and towels, which they furnish, but they don't do personal laundry, I do that myself. All the meals are in the dining room and the food is good. There are activities going on every day like games, bingo, card games, tile rummy and usually there is some sort of outing twice a week. We go out on a bus and take us to wherever. We are supposed to go out today but the bus break down. It feels like home and it is amazing here.

May 29, 2014

I've been at Hidden Lakes for several months. I think the workers do the best they can. We have a big mess hall. I'd say the food is mediocre. They have all kinds of activities. They play cards and they do all sorts of things. I've gotten accustomed to it by now. For me, it was the lake that sold me. It's a very beautiful lake. We have geese, ducks, and all kinds of wildlife.

May 20, 2014

By Dolores9

I thought Hidden Lakes was just beautiful. The landscaping is fantastic. It has a beautiful, big lake that you can walk around and nice paths that are convenient. Three times around the lake is a mile, which is good to know when you're trying to keep active. It's also a Holiday, so they play all the same games and have the same type of food. Their food was excellent, and I really like that. And because my dog barks non-stop when I leave her alone in a room, the manager allowed me to take her into the dining room because she is a service dog. The staff is very pleasant, as are all of the Holiday places. Everybody went out of their way to make you feel at home and comfortable. I like the beauty of the place itself, the lake, and the masses of rhododendrons were just very lovely.

December 01, 2013

My mother likes Hidden Lakes and she didn't really have any specific reasons. It's fine for me because they give her meals and she likes the environment. The staff is super good.

November 21, 2013

By Rosemarie5

Hidden Lakes was a nice facility. The rooms were adequate and well maintained. The residents looked clean and cared for but I don't think anyone is happy there. This facility is not one of my favorites.

September 23, 2013

By Evalee

I am staying at Hidden Lakes and it is a really nice and quiet place. They make everything handy for old people. They make the bed and clean the room once a week. They provide three meals a day. Everybody is nice to each other. There is a lake here with a walking ground. A bus that takes us out to places we want to go. I am recommending this place others.

September 13, 2013

By Henry5

We are moving in about a week to Hidden Lakes. It's a very nice place with a very nice lake. The people that worked there are all nice people. When you sit in the dining room you look out over the lake. It's really a beautiful place and the price is very reasonable.

June 25, 2013

By Sharon21

It was beautiful. The staff was nice and they have activities there. But personally, I wouldn't want to live there because the people who lived there didn't seem to be quite happy and they would need to improve on their communications.

April 16, 2013

By Lynn12

Hidden Lakes in Salem, OR was nice. It has a really nice landscaping. It was very nice looking inside and outside. They had a bunch of little cottages out there for independent living and my mom was thinking she could live there. She really liked that one and it's probably one of the nicest ones here in town at that time.

March 26, 2013

By Clyde2

Mom enjoyed living at Hidden Lakes. She stayed there for five years, so she made lots of friends. She really liked the food. The facility is very elegant and has a very, well-manicured grounds around. However, I think they are a little too concerned with appearance. They tend to spend money on the first things that people see when they come in for their tour, when there are probably other things they should be fixing instead.

June 28, 2012

By nahamming

Overall, I think everyone in the family thinks that Hidden Lakes is an outstanding Assisted Living Home. It is not as intrusive as some homes, and affords my grandmother a lot of freedom while still checking in daily to make sure everything is ok. All of the staff that I have encountered have been friendly and familiar enough with my grandma to refer to her by her name. My grandma has many friends at Hidden Lakes, as it places a high emphasis on being social through communal lunches and activities tailored to seniors like taking walks and bean bag tossing. The only drawback is that a small minority of the people at Hidden Lakes are cranky/have some racially inappropriate things to say. However, this is to be expected at any home for the elderly. The scenery at Hidden Lakes is nice, as it has its own pond with a trail around it. Overall, Hidden Lakes is an excellent assisted living facility and well worth the premium that it costs.

Costs for Hidden Lakes

Photos of Hidden Lakes

Services and Amenities of Hidden Lakes

• Independent Living Starting At: $2019/month

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub, Washer Dryer Hookups

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Clubhouse, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Hidden Lakes

Hidden Lakes is located in Salem, OR, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Hidden Lakes for a visit...and stay!

Map of Hidden Lakes