Garden Valley

Reviews of Garden Valley

Independent Living Reviews for Garden Valley

January 12, 2019

By Pamela

I'm currently a resident at Garden Valley. The food is not so good; we have a lousy cook. Other than that, it's fine. The people here are not independent. I thought independent living was you live and take care of yourself, but here, they have a lot of people in wheelchairs. Some people can only get out of bed maybe once a week. The staff is great, but the cook is good friends with corporate, so he doesn't get fired; he should be fired. I have been here for two and a half months now. The rooms are great. I spent a lot of time in my room with my dog. The staff come to your room once a week and do a good job. Activities are fine. If you have doctors' appointments or need to go to the post office or the bank, the driver will take you wherever you need to go, and he picks you up too.

August 15, 2018

By EP

My tour at Garden Valley was very good, it's a wonderful place, and I couldn't ask anything better than that. The community is wonderful, they have everything anybody would ever need. The rooms are beautiful, and the person who gave me the tour was such a sweetheart. They gave us a list of the activities that they had going on for the month, and they were quite interesting. I would rate the staff a five; everybody that we ran into over there was just absolutely wonderful.

June 12, 2018

By Richard

I visited Garden Valley, and it was very pleasant, and very nice. They have a dining room, which is very nice, and the food is delicious, however, it's difficult to get to the dining room. They only have one elevator, and only three people with walkers can fit the elevator. You have to leave 45 minutes before they start serving the meal to even get their on time. The rooms are very nice, some of them have been remodeled, some have a walk-in shower, and others a shower over the tub. They clean the apartment and change the bed every week. The staff is competent, cordial, and professional.

March 30, 2017

By Joyce851306

Garden Valley was very pleasant. The lady who showed me around was very good. It was very close to the theater and a small shopping area. The cleanliness of the place was excellent. There was no odor. The interior was very clean.

November 23, 2016

By Sharon050372

I had a fine visit at Garden Valley. It was a great facility. They had an activity room. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. The place was very clean, and the rooms were fine. The residents seemed very happy.

November 01, 2016

By Marvin188707

Connie is in Roseburg Senior Living Garden Valley. When she first went in there 2 years ago, the people went way out of their way to help her. She was back with the right doctor for her Parkinson’s that she’d had for the last 10 or 12 years who was also one of the best in the country, so that was a plus. She was able to go with them on the trips more often which was really wonderful. We couldn’t have asked for anything nicer, and at that time, it was costing her $1499 a month. After the first year, the price went up to $1609, plus she pays another $300 for the small amount of care she gets outside the company, plus she has Parkinson’s and her medicines and they just raised the price to $1700. No matter how wonderful a place is, if they raise their rent $110 a year, nobody can afford it eventually. There have been some issues there, but the people have treated her well.

July 27, 2016

By Joy732584

We're living in Roseburg Senior Living Garden Valley. It's very good. They provide food, housekeeping, TV, and transportation if you need it. They have card games. The staff is very nice.

January 17, 2015

By Sharon83856650

I visited Garden Valley and found everything to be in good order. My daughter lives in Roseburg. The place was very clean. Most of the people there are considerably older though, and I’m not quite ready for that yet.

May 30, 2014

By Steve37

Garden Valley was fine. It was a nice and clean place. I toured the whole place, and I ate there. The food was very filling and was quite good. The prices were reasonable for the services that they offered, and their service was good. They were playing bingo when I was there. They were other activities and stuff. They went on outings, and I was talking to one of the gentlemen there; he was 90 years old, and he was quite active. They cut my hair, and the person who cut it said, "You don't have to pay me," but I said, "No, I'll pay you." So I gave him 20 bucks for cutting my hair. The apartments were quite nice. My only problem with that was I would be the youngest one there. The only downside was that there was no Wi-Fi in the building. However, I liked it, and if I was 10 years older I would move in there.

Questions about Garden Valley

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Garden Valley. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Garden Valley offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Garden Valley exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Garden Valley offer to independent living residents?

If Garden Valley accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Garden Valley work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Garden Valley

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Garden Valley

Garden Valley is located in Roseburg, OR, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Garden Valley for a visit...and stay!

Map of Garden Valley