Pacifica Senior Living Portland

Offers Memory Care

1808 SE 182nd Ave, Portland, OR 97233
Pacifica Senior Living Portland (844) 325-8230
PROMOTION! 72 days

Proud to be recognized by Metropolitan Senior Network, Senior Advisor, Oregon Health Care Association, & Pacifica Senior Living for being the BEST of the BEST in Oregon Senior Living!

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Portland

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Portland

By Aliy

The service has been excellent and John has been great communicating with us. We appreciate all the help we have received.
Thank you for your positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Portland. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and hope that you have a wonderful day!

By JoeyP

You guys are always helpful and caring. The funnest and liveliness place I’ve seen. Not a senior living facility that’s down and low and you can see it in the residents faces. Happy people and good atmosphere!! Both staff and people who live here. Hope your around when I finally need somewhere to go!! Wish I can give them a 10 out of 10 to be honest!
Thank you for your detailed positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Portland. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and hope that you have a wonderful day!

By PerryY

Fantastic home for my mom Thanks to all the the staff in cottage 5!!! Sincerely, P

By AmyJso

An excellent facility.

By YvetteVD

Alex and Tim were amazing, got everything moved in and set up without a hitch. The staff are so caring and patient with mom. We feel she is safe and cared for. Thank you.

By Lianecottage 7

Everyone so attentive and warm in cottage 7

By RNB

My grandma receives such wonderful care from the staff. She really enjoys it here!

January 24, 2018

By Susanne A.

Mom is happy and being well cared for in a community that understands her needs. Priceless!!!
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. If you ever need anything from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

May 10, 2016

By ElizabethVQFEC

My father is now living in Pacifica Senior Living Portland. I think that they are doing that they are required to do. The staff that I have interacted with has been pretty helpful and kind. The rooms are fine compared to other memory care facilities that I have visited and small but not as small as others. I think that they are very basic and seemed to maintain cleanliness well. The food was not what I would want to eat every day because it's kind of bland. One of the things that I really like about it is that they have a long, wide hallway with doors on either side that go into separate cottages where there are a dozen private rooms around a very nicely-appointed communal living room with a big-screen TV, a couple of couches, terraces to sit near other people and read. They have a dining area and a kitchen. It's a very nice setup and put residents into a cottage based on the level of dementia and how advanced it is; they try to keep people of the same general level in the same cottage.

Hi, thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your feedback regarding the food and will share with the Regional Director and Executive Director. We are very proud of our community and memory care program. We recently started a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). If you want to see the activities they are engaging in it is a great way to stay involved. We are here to make sure that you and your families are happy. Please feel free to reach out at any time to share your thoughts.

January 31, 2016

By Mike118009450

Pacifica Senior Living is OK. The fee is pretty reasonable. It has multiple levels of care. Their outside area is pretty big. Their building is kind of old though. Their rooms are of good size. I would recommend them but they just need to update the interiors.

Hi Mike, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. The staff at Pacifica Senior Living Portland take our reviews very seriously. We have a fantastic team and feel that we can provide exceptional care to our residents. We invite you back to see how we have improved for the better.

November 05, 2015

By Sheri pdx

I have been very happy with Pacifica Senior Living. Both my mother and my mother-in-law have lived in this community for two years. The homey atmosphere in the cottages is very welcoming and comfortable. They offer a wide variety of activities and outings which keeps folks engaged and this was very important to me in considering where would be the best place for my loved ones. My experience has been that everyone who works there - from maintenance to caregivers to nurses to the executive director wants to do whatever is possible to provide the care my loved ones need. I feel I can approach anyone and ask for help as I might need it. It is so very hard to have someone you love move into memory care, but there is no other place I would want my loved ones to be except at Pacifica.

Hi Sheri, Thank you for your positive review, we are so happy that you shared. We are very glad that your mother and mother in law are here and happy, as we enjoy having them. We have recently started a Facebook page with weekly photos and updates. You can find a link to the page on our website. http://www.pacificaportland.com/. We hope to see you for our Thanksgiving dinner on November 20th!

See all Memory Care reviews (19) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Portland

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have sufficient staff to meet needs and requirements of the population of residents within our community.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Portland offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Portland use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding. To enrich the dining experience we also provide all our meals on colorful plating.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Portland keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Portland. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Located off of a main thoroughfare, yet situated in a quaint residential neighborhood. With convenient access to TriMet bus and the Max lite rail stops. Easy access to retail shops and restaurants.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Portland affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with all local hospitals.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Portland

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Portland

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Portland

• About Pacifica Senior Living Portland

Situated in vibrant Portland, Oregon, our Pacifica Senior Living community offers full-service memory care programs that provide a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Our community focuses on programs that help individuals with memory loss to thrive while managing the issues of dementia.

Our residential care community offers an atmosphere of home and comfort, reducing the feeling of loneliness and confusion. We understand how important this is to our residents and their loved ones. While providing the best in customized care for our residents, we also provide support and education for families, helping the entire family enhance their understanding and happiness. Our home-like accommodations are custom built to help ease what can be an overwhelming time in life.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Portland