Brookdale McMinnville City Center

Reviews of Brookdale McMinnville City Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale McMinnville City Center

August 26, 2012

By sschaloc

Winwood, McMinnville Oregon:Overall, excellent.Most outstanding was the staff. Wonderful people - skilled, caring, professional (underpaid, overworked). The facility was very nice, well maintained, clean. Food was excellent. Truly caring people. Some are still friends.Unfortunately, late stage Parkinson's get's you put in with the Alzheimer's patients. An interesting group of people, but living behind locked doors and needing help any time you move can be frustrating. Being the only one without Alzheimer's makes it... well you don't fit in, but you don't want to! Again, the staff was awesome. The only complaints were involving the medical side of treatment. It was a real mixed bag. Sometime excellent (especially the VA), other MD's, cursory to down-right sloppy. Too many Doctor's just throw a different pill without any checking (Don't bother reading the patient's history, don't read ALL the effects and contradictions of the drugs, don't check drug interactions, don't follow ramp times on starting/stopping meds, ignore a balanced treatment from Parkinson's specialists). The trouble comes when the staff is obligated to follow the Doctor's orders (ANY doctor), even if they know they are wrong. There were some interesting moments... The staff were heroic, and quick to intervene / question on behalf of the patients. The RN on staff at Winwood was a champion!I don't think a better facility could be found at any price. Yes, the price was breathtaking, but comparatively reasonable. The level of care was superb. The people, awesome! If I had to be in a nursing facility, it would be here.

August 06, 2011

By mschalock

My husband's father moved into Wynwood a couple years ago. We were very happy with the care he got there. The attendants were kind to the residents and that was important to us. They tried to really get to know each resident and learn about their interests and life. Families were invited to come to the dining room to join their family member for a special dinner once a month. This helped us to get to know the other residents and staff. I would recommend Wynwood as a good assisted living facility.

July 30, 2011

By Erin C.

I was very pleased with Wynwood after my mother's stay there. The staff were always happy to help me with anything, whether for my mother's comfort of my own. Overall, the staff were well-educated and seemed very experienced with taking care of the patients there. My mother never complained about any of the care she received, and in fact had glowing things to say about her nurse, Susan. The facility itself was also well-maintained, with beautiful grounds (especially for an assisted-living facility). The interior of the facility was a tad old, but nothing was in disrepair. There was a minimal amount of dust but nothing terrible. I would definitely recommend Wynwood to other people seeking care for their parents or whoever. The folks at Wynwood were kind and ready to help my mother in any way. The only thing that I wish would change would be the cost of living. It seemed expensive, although most of the facilities nearby were charging equivalent amounts.

Services and Amenities of Brookdale McMinnville City Center

About Brookdale McMinnville City Center

Brookdale McMinnville City Center provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale McMinnville City Center