Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville

October 16, 2017

By Tracy

Happy residents. Staff seems to really care.

October 03, 2017

By CRC

Putting my mom in a memory care facility was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but I'm so grateful that I chose Pacifica for her. The staff is so loving and patient with her. I think they all really love their jobs. It's not like assisted care where she lived for almost 10 years, which had a rapid turnover of staff. Paciifica is also the only facility in our area that would be able to work with a hoyer lift should she need one. Since she was already 2~person assist when she went in, it's nice to know that I wouldn't have to move her if her care level changed. I also love the activities they plan ~ miniature golf, gardening, decorating cookies, potting plants and selling them to raise money for charity, singing with a special guest, Mother's Day tea, and driving out to the country to see the fall leaves, to name just a few. It's not easy to see my mom decline, but I'm really happy I have Pacifica there to care for her.
Thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate your feedback! We understand the challenges and we are here to help. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

August 21, 2017

By 3577

Pacifica is possibly the best memory care facility in our area. Theyincluding the director actually care about the residents and their family members. They gave my mother and us much support and love when mom went to rehab and they visited her there. Let me tell you the place she was in is a dump and they don't care about the patients and it smelled and 45 minutes to answer a call light just for starters. We love Pacifica and everyone who works there and we are so grateful that mom is there and so is she. Thank you for your constant love and support we truly are a family!
Thank you for your detailed positive review, we appreciate you sharing your experience! We are very happy to hear that you and your mother are happy here with us. We agree with you, our community really is the BEST!! Have a fantastic day!

May 05, 2017

By Miss Marg

This is a wonderful place to take your loved one. The aids and administration actually care about the residents and treat them like family and treat the family members well also. The place does not smell and it has a welcoming atmosphere. I highly recommend it for what will be one of the most difficult decisions of your life. It is home
Thanks for your detailed review Miss Marg. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

April 29, 2014

My father stayed at Emeritus at Osprey Court for only one month, and it was terrible. They would leave him in his room by himself for four hours at a time, and he would try to get up as he had to go to the bathroom or something, and he would fall and hurt himself. The environment in their main room was so unkind. There was absolutely nothing to do, no television, no nothing. The way that it was set up was almost like going into the doctor's office. The chairs were across the room from each other, and it wasn't a comfortable sitting area or anything. The staff would be there, but they wouldn't pay any attention to any of the residents; they would just do their own thing behind the desk and occasionally walk through and go to another area. It felt really cold and sterile. When my dad had to go to the bathroom, they wouldn't take him to the bathroom. They let him wet his pants. So, there were two huge stains on his bed, and it was terrible. It smelled like poop and pee in the whole place all the time. They had activities like cooking class, which was basically just putting together a few items to make a snack, like peanut butter on half a piece of toast, a game time where they played Uno, and he played Uno every day. There wasn't anything to do. My dad lost about 15 pounds, and he was in the hospital twice with urinary and bladder infections.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a registered nurse, a med tech, three caregivers, an activities director, and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff is comprised of a med tech, two caregivers, and a registered nurse on-call.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Pacifica Senior Living in McMinnville is situated in a small professional campus tucked inside a primarily residential neighborhood in a small town, which affords the best of both suburban and rural settings. Pacifica Senior Living is conveniently located within close proximity to McMinnville’s charming historic downtown and other support facilities.

Is Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with Willamette Valley Hospital located within 4 miles from our facility.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville

We look forward to caring for you or a loved one. Rest assured that every amenity we offer was created to meet your unique needs, whether they exist now or develop over time. Your peace of mind is our most important priority, and we endeavor to provide all the comforts of home for you or your loved one. We look forward to becoming an extension of your family.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living McMinnville