Hillside

Offers Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

300 Nw Hillside Pkwy, Mcminnville, OR 97128
Hillside (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Hillside

Assisted Living Reviews for Hillside

April 15, 2014

By Dan Nelson

I am not sure if Hillside is a place I would recommend. My parents lived there for five years until they were evicted just recently. My mom lived in their memory care unit for 2.5 years. The Caregivers and med aides were very nice to her, but the administration was another story. I never saw any of them in the memory care unit. And they had not activities for the residents in there. Just parked them in front of the television in their wheelchairs. I even talked to the facility administrator about adding some activities for those residents, but nothing ever was done. And now they are out all the money it took to get into that place.

January 31, 2014

By Caring69820650

Hillside Campus was a very nice facility. Everything seemed to be very clean. The grounds were spotless and taken care of lovely. The yard was beautiful. Their dining room looked fine. The interior was luxurious. However, my brother and sister-in-law would not have fit or felt comfortable into that type of environment. They're very conservative people. It was just a place that they wouldn't fit in.

November 25, 2013

I moved my mother-in-law to Hillside in November. It has been very good, very positive. It is a lockdown facility. They had a large walking area for the memory care so that she could get out safely. They have four different areas to eat. The restaurant is fabulous. As it gets up to the unit, it's not as good but it's fine. It's very, very expensive. It's twice the cost but at this time, it's worth it.

July 05, 2012

By coregon

went to Hillside in order to see my Great-Aunt. My Great Aunt had a history of major illnesses, and had nearly died from Bronchitis the year before she started staying at Hillside. Due to this, and other factors she was a very grumpy women. At the one assisted-living facility she stayed in before Hillside, she was convinced the nurses had been stealing change from her. Thankfully, she had a completely different experience at Hillside. She told me that all of the caregivers were very nice to her, and from what I saw, I have to agree. The incident that stands out most in my mind, is when one of the nurses saw my aunt wandering off the premises, instead of asking her where she was going, the nurse walked with my aunt for about 45 minutes. Little things like this have convinced me that Hillside, and being close to us, are the main reasons why my Great-Aunt passed so peacefully.

December 31, 2011

By Dan and Jean

My wife and I began looking into retirement communities two years ago. Since that time we have visited many in the state of Oregon. Our move in date is in the future but have decided Hillside best fits all of the needs we have as a couple. There are no negatives we have discovered in our search here from the sales, office personnel, front office personal, and and including the wonderful meals. A big thing that really impressed me was how many people were friendly to my wife and all the activities she can be involved in if she desires. Our move in date is a few months away so our journey is just beginning. Dan and Jean Simonsen

December 07, 2011

By foreversaved08

Before my Grandmother died she lived at Hillside in McMinnville, Oregon. With her old age she was really picky about who took care of her and how active the other residents were. Both of those aspects exceeded our expectations, my Grandmother really took to the nurses that she worked with and even made some friends with the other patients that were living there. The facility was smoothly run, nurses joked with the patients just enough to lighten them up. The numerous times that I visited the facility I was impressed by the food that was being fed to the patients, the cleanliness of the rooms and facility as a whole. The entire staff was friendly, the rooms were well lit and had a perfect amount of natural light, the design of the space made it feel like home.

Nursing Home Reviews for Hillside

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Hillside

September 14, 2018

By Anonymous

Gorgeous campus: spacious, green, low-rise, neighborhoods of cottages. Great staff: caring, service-oriented, friendly. Huge variety of programs and activities and activities. Very busy schedule on and off campus. Free van to events. High quality long-term care if/when needed. Areas to improve: maintenance responsiveness; "master plan" and prioritizing, reduce turnover or staff, focus on skilled and reliable top staff, communication.

September 12, 2018

By Carol

My needs are met for the most part. Questions answered.

September 06, 2018

By Sonja

Identified upfront costs at Hillside. Has been upfront about ongoing costs. Provide significant local transportation. Has off campus activities for residents. Many exercise program to suit residents' capabilities. Provides excellent meals.

July 31, 2018

By anonymous456

We chose Hillside for my mom. The staff members that I know have been very good with her, and every time I'm there they always tell me how she's doing. Also, when anything happens, they're very quick to let me know. They're also doing a great job in providing activities for the residents. I think they are very competitive with everybody around when it comes to cost. I know my mom is in good hands, so I'm happy to have her there. I can't really complain about how they treat her.

September 30, 2017

By Anonymous

We enjoyed our tour of Brookdale McMinnville Hillside very much. I liked the facility, and I liked the grounds. When we make that decision, they will be at the top of the list. We saw a couple of different floor plans and they were just fine. We're just not ready to make any commitments. We thanked them and they've been in touch with us since. It's an ongoing thing. The staff was very helpful, and they invited us to spend the night there as well. They showed us the menu and they showed us the facility, but we did not eat there.

December 24, 2013

By Loreli1

We have found a place for my parents. They have been there since September. Hillside is a newer and cleaner facility that's why we chose this. My parents have a brand new one-bedroom with a den. It is freshly painted with brand new carpeting. They would receive one meal a day and they can choose either lunch or dinner. They have menus for them that they could choose from. I have not tasted the food, but my parents are very particular so I would know if it wasn't good; I would be hearing about it. My dad is 90 and mom is 89 so they're not really active, but there are a lot of things going on in there. They do go to the senior center, which is not associated with the retirement center. They go there every Wednesday to play cribbage. They also have some speakers and some different things at the community. Dad was falling quite often at home, so the best thing about this place is that they have a life alert button and there's people there that are around them so if he falls, they could get help for him right away. Their staff has been wonderful. Also my parents are social, so in this community, they have neighbors that they would like to sit with at dinner and visit with and all of that is really good for them.

November 20, 2013

Hillside was really nice, but it was very expensive and it didn't fit my parent's needs. If it would be great if they were really independent and needed only a little assistance. But my parents needed a lot of assistance. It was very nice if you had a lot of money.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (11) See fewer reviews

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About Hillside

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system