Gresham Manor

Offers Independent Living

2895 SE Powell Valley Rd, Gresham, OR 97080
Gresham Manor (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

Red Tag Special! Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by February 28th. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of Gresham Manor

Independent Living Reviews for Gresham Manor

December 23, 2016

By B.J

This used to be a wonderful place. My parents spent a couple of very happy years here. It is under new ownership and they've moved the managers off site. Thy no longer live in. There is no longer 24 hour security. They've been given a pendant to wear around their neck instead to call for help in the night. It's a very old building and corporate has stated there will be no more money being invested in updating. Corporate no longer cares about the care and safety of its residents. It costs a tremendous amount of money each month for so little they are now receiving. Think very carefully before putting your loved one in this facility.

Hello B.J., we appreciate you taking the time to provide us this honest feedback. My name is Katie, and I work for Holiday in our home office. I am so happy to here your parents have been able to spend a couple happy years with us, and that you have found it to be a wonderful place for them. However, I am concerned these changes are causing you discomfort or concern -- I'd love the opportunity to chat with you and discuss the concerns you have -- we truly do have our residents safety and best interests in mind with these changes, and want to do everything we can to make sure we are fully articulating how this will better serve and benefit our residents. If you can, please give our Resident Relations line a call at 800-370-8331 - I really hope to hear from you so we can work together constructively in addressing the concerns you raise in your review. We hope to hear from you soon - thank you so much

Best, Gina Yoo Gresham Manor - 5433

December 03, 2016

By Glen348777

Gresham was excellent as well as the staff. Everything looks really nice and perfect. The representative was very personable.

November 26, 2016

By Isabella343603

Gresham Manor is great. All the staff was awesome and very nice to her. She stayed for a couple of nights and enjoyed most of it. She is a little picky about food because she is diabetic; she is saying some of it were a little too salty. They have lots of different activities, various clubs that they can go to, movie nights, cards, games, and gatherings -- whatever you want.

February 15, 2016

By Caring Daughter120093550

We went and visited Gresham Manor. We actually put a deposit down to rent a room. Then, my mom ended up back in the hospital and had to stay in an extended-care facility. Gresham Manor was really nice. When we had put the deposit down, the obligation had been for three months. They actually refunded everything to us because it was obvious that the place was not going to be a good fit for her. My mom had loved the place when we had taken her to see it. However, we would have had to get all kinds of outside contractors to come in to bathe her and do all kinds of stuff. Gresham Manor was wonderful, and they were concerned. It looked really nice. My mom had picked out a pretty nice room with a little balcony. I had liked their rooms better than the other places that I had visited. The staff was wonderful, especially the live-in manager. They had activities. They had a room where you could re-pot your plants and so forth. They had a game room and an exercise room. They had a library. Plus, they had a wonderful, big dining hall that had the view of the lights of Portland. I think the people would choose their food off of a menu. When we had gone there, we had seen people playing games and doing things. Based on the way that they had treated us (and in reality, they did not have to), the fact that they had refunded our money, and so forth, I would give them high marks. It was just unbelievable that they would go an extra mile for us.

February 15, 2016

By JB3

Some of the staff was nice enough, but some weren’t all that nice and acted like they weren’t really thrilled to be there. I didn’t tour but asked for either drawings or pictures of the different apartments. That’s how I looked at them first, and then I would compare them. Gresham had rather small apartments and a limited choice of the types of apartments you could live in. They could improve on the food.

January 31, 2016

By kayakjohn

Had a meal and a tour. Favorably impressed. I don't think you'll really know until you live there for awhile. The only review I read was very negative.

December 16, 2015

By Fred34

Our visit at Gresham Manor came out to be a very nice experience, but it was just a place that turned out to be too small for us. They were very gracious. I would just rate them low because it's not a good fit for us.

Hi Fred, thank you for considering Gresham Manor. While we are sad we were not the perfect fit for you, we encourage any questions should anything change.

October 27, 2015

By MH1

I moved into Gresham Manor a month ago. It's a great place, and it only cost me $50 more a month than the foster care I was in, which was horrible compared to this. This is like a resort. I checked out the place, and it had exactly what I needed, a one-bedroom apartment with enough room to put my stuff in, my own bathroom and my own kitchen. They have a nice dining facility on the second floor, and I'm just on the third floor, which is really nice. It gives you everything you need. This place has nurses available right down the hall from me about 100 feet away. If anything happens, they can come and check me out and make sure if I needed ambulance or needed to go to the hospital. They can do an evaluation on the spot to give you what you need. It's a really nice place, and they're just very caring and friendly. The people are pretty nice, and it's really an amazing place. The transition was a little hard on me, from being in a foster care to taking care of my own stuff a lot, but I've gotten used to it. It's been over 30 days, and I'm doing great now. I don't feel bad at all. This is like heaven compared to what I was in.

August 27, 2015

By Joanne47

Gresham Manor was a very nice retirement place. They answered all my inquiries, and I got follow-up calls from them. I just didn't go there because it wasn't affordable for me.

July 20, 2015

By Barbara108802550

I think Gresham Manor would be a good place to live. It’s an older building; they’re upgrading some things. It’s a little far for me and my family, but other than that, I would recommend it.

March 27, 2013

By Daughter2013

Horrible experience at this sight. The live-in managers were very rude and complained about times when my parents needed help.

Hello, we are sorry for your poor experience at our community. Over the past few years we have changed our management model and on boarded team members who truly care about our residents. We hope you consider us should you need senior living in the future!

March 22, 2009

By Winifred Kamph

Gresham Manor is the best I have seen. The managers and the entire staff really care about the residents here. I was very impressed with the low costs and the clean upscale atmosphere. From what I have seen and the people who I know have lived there it is great.

Costs for Gresham Manor

Photos of Gresham Manor

Services and Amenities of Gresham Manor

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Gresham Manor

Gresham Manor is located in Gresham, OR, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Gresham Manor for a visit...and stay!

Map of Gresham Manor