Rogue Valley

Independent Living Reviews for Rogue Valley

December 07, 2020

By Tinkerz

Other

Most of the staff don't dress appropriately. Food is running out ... kitchen staff aren't using precautionary guidelines and Covid rules. Food very small portions and not a diet program for diabetics or no salt diets. Rude staff members that treat independent employees like we don't exist. Cleaning staff could and should be doing much more. Would not recommend this place.

Hello, we apologize that this was your experience with Rogue Valley senior living community. We ensure that our employees follow our dress code policy and that the staff comes prepared for work. We offer a variety of different Holiday Fresh meal options for our residents and their guests as they can choose to get their meals delivered to their apartments or come into the dining room. We are disappointed to hear this was the service that you received and want to invite you to speak to our chef to make accommodations for your meals. If you have any further concerns, please contact your local community team directly. Thank you!

May 30, 2019

By Wanda

Rouge Valley was pleasant and nice, but it was a lot older. The rooms were smaller, and I felt closed in, but the staff was wonderful, and very nice. I enjoyed talking to them. I thought the overall facility needed more attention to carpeting and cleanliness. We had difficulty locating the place. The dining area was very nice, and the food was excellent.

Hi Wanda, we appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback. We will take this feedback and look for ways to better our community for residents and team members. We are happy you felt that our community was pleasant and nice, and that you enjoyed our dining! We hope for the opportunity to see you again, our team would be happy to work with you. Thank you

March 24, 2019

By Arthur

Rogue Valley is good and when we went into the place, my mom said "That's it, this is where I want to be," so that was the end of the search. It was pleasing and homey, and my mom felt comfortable there. The staff was very friendly and the residents seemed to be outgoing. The food and service were good. The one-bedroom apartment my mom got was almost 700 square feet so it was a really nice one with a lot of windows and natural light. It was clean and well-done, and my mom liked it. They have a whole calendar of activities and every day it changes. You get what you pay for.

April 08, 2018

By Joyce

Rogue Valley is very old. They need to upgrade their facility. They need to hire maybe more people to maintain the grounds. Rogue Valley is also very expensive. The staff is very friendly; however, they're too friendly, because they don't work, they just stand around and talk with each other. I also didn't see any activities. They provide three meals a day. They also have snacks and beverages. I had lunch there a couple of times; the food was only adequate.

May 31, 2017

By catherine784621

My father liked Rogue Valley the best because of the location. It had buses that would take the residents to the doctors' appointments. Meals were provided, and they had bus trips, too. The rooms were clean, had good windows for a lot of light, and it was like a small apartment. There was a walk-in shower instead of a tub.

March 29, 2017

By claylady

Rogue Valley was a nice place. I had an OK lunch there a couple of times. They had OK projects and activities for people to do. The staff was very friendly and nice.

March 29, 2017

By Robyn330547

Rogue Valley is a very nice community, and the people are very friendly and professional. It provides GPS for all residents, so if they have emergent or even non-emergent needs, they just have to press a button. We're very happy with it. The food was healthy and delicious, but I have heard complaints in the last couple of weeks. There must have been a change in the kitchen because the residents aren't happy with the food right now, but it has been reported to management, and they're working on it. They have a lot of activities like Bingo, music, puzzles, exercise classes, but my mom doesn't interact that much.

March 28, 2017

By Marge462242

My mom is ver happy living in Rogue Valley. It is a very social community. I expect the rent to go up, but they want to increase the rent like 6% which I thought was ridiculous. My brother and I went down there and negotiated with the assistant manager, so we were able to bring the rent increase into a more acceptable level because Mom really wants to stay there. The staff is quite nice and accommodating. They are cutting costs, so the quality of the meals isn't what it used to be. It is still quite OK, but not as fine as before. Other than that, I am happy with it if Mom is happy with it.

November 08, 2016

By Carol782536

Rogue Valley was very clean, and everybody was very friendly; the residents as well as the employees. They had a library, a TV room, and socials. You can join in on card games or whatever was going on, and they had jigsaw puzzles out all the time. It was very clean, the rooms were very nice, the apartments were very nice, very clean, and up to date, and they didn’t look like they’ve been worn out. I’ll move there tomorrow if I can afford it.

August 22, 2016

By Bette Jo

Rogue Valley felt so comfortable. It was nice, and you could have pets there. People were playing chess and stuff like that. It was really nice there. The residents looked thrilled and happy. Everything was great.

October 27, 2015

Rogue Valley was very good. They've got a nice variety of rooms and a list of activities going on all the time. The special perk with them is if you are staying at their retirement inn, they have all over the country where you can stay for up to seven days for free. As a golfer, I'm tempted on that one, because I can go stay for free and golf in various courses, especially around Washington. They have three or four different styles of apartment. I like the way you could set them up with your furniture. They were not posh but adequate. They had bingo and cards and a schedule of activities that they set up every single day. They have available staff and two couples that live in there, which was a nice feature.

September 07, 2015

By Tom F

We have settled on Rogue Valley, and my mom is now living there. It is affordable and well run, it has good social structure, and the food is excellent. My mother is happy. She has been there for two and a half weeks now. Our experience has been largely positive. She is enjoying it, and she is learning the system. It has many things that she wants and uses, i.e., transportation to local shops and appointments. The biggest factor for her is that the residents are regular folks and are not too handicapped, so she can find social contacts there. It is more like an apartment building.

November 30, 2014

By Marjorie17

Rogue Valley did not have nursing care, but they have housekeeping assistance and that kind of thing. This one is in the downtown area close to shopping, and it is strictly rental basis. They do have some amenities like the ice-cream parlor and TV and that kind of thing. They have a beauty shop and some of those kinds of things available. They have the pay style meals, and they provide three a day. It was a beautiful location; it was nice and open, and there were lots of windows in their dining room. They did not have a fenced area where the dogs can run, but they had a nice walkway around. They have a regular activities director, and she has something going on for the residents every day. It was a lovely place, and I am sure that I'd be very comfortable there. They didn't have any in-house nursing facility; I think there was a nurse on the premises for an emergency, but there was no care beyond that. If you can't live on your own, then this would not be the place for you.

April 26, 2014

By Mark32

My unit at Rogue Valley is very modern. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They have dining halls. It’s a 3-story complex, and in the center of that point is the dining hall. It has a beautiful view out the windows, so it has pleasant dining. They have light housekeeping, and they pay for the cable TV, which is quite nice. They have everything except for medical. They provide entertainment and all kinds of games throughout the month. They schedule that for the whole month, and it’s all up on boards throughout the building to let you know of what’s coming up, and then you do whatever you like. They have a 1-bedroom and a studio, and they have different sizes. It would be nice if they could offer Oriental food. Once in a while, have grilled cheeseburgers or hamburgers, and also Mexican food would be appreciated, not too spicy, but that would be nice to add to the American cuisine.

January 30, 2014

By Sherry24

Rogue Valley was abslutely wonderful. The staff were fantastic and they took good care of my mother for five months. They had a lot of activities although she was not able to participate in all of them. She had a large room with a bedroom and private bathroom. My mom was really pleased with everything before she passed away. I would absolutely recommend this place to other people.

December 30, 2013

By Jerry24

Rogue Valley is a very nice facility; however, it isn’t one that I would want to live at for a couple of reasons. They just don’t have medical assistance there. I also knew about this facility because my parents were there, so I went back and see if it was still was good as it was when they were there. They were able to really enjoy the facility. The dining looked very nice. I would just have to say that it’s a nice facility as long as you do not need to have any medical care.

September 23, 2013

By catlady4847

Rogue Valley was one of the senior facilities in our area. It was very clean and spacious. We had dinner there and it was very good. We saw several rooms. There was a one-bedroom unit that had a linoleum kitchen area and a carpeted living area with a bedroom. All of their facilities were clean and meant for the activities that they had there. They had lots of activities. The staff was warm and caring. They were fantastic. As a matter of fact, all of the residents knew the young man who showed us around. They hugged him as we were going down the hall. He even brought us dinner here at home and had kept in touch with us to know how we were doing.

September 18, 2013

By Caring Resident

I chose Rogue Valley because I could have my dog here and that I can do my own medicines and can be fairly independent. Plus, it is really a nice place. It is conveniently located wherein it is about two blocks away to the Albertson's Plaza that has quite a few things. The management is also extremely nice. They have quite a few activities but I'm not a joiner. They have activities for people who are not able to do much and also for people who are able to do more. Food here is quite good. They spice it up and make nice desserts. On the other hand, I'm just a person who was raised on very plain food. Besides, I'm allowed to cook on my own. The best thing about staying here is having my dog with me and enjoy being independent. They have also lived up to what they're supposed to do. I would recommend this place.

April 30, 2013

By Brooke3

Rogue Valley is in an older building. But it was nice and kept clean. The food was delightful. They appear to have several programs and activities for the people and try to include as much as interests as they can.

April 04, 2013

By redflingtwo

Other

i would love to live there up to mom thow she is my payee

Questions about Rogue Valley

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Rogue Valley. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Rogue Valley offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Rogue Valley exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Rogue Valley offer to independent living residents?

If Rogue Valley accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Rogue Valley work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Rogue Valley

Photos of Rogue Valley

Services and Amenities of Rogue Valley

• Independent Living Starting At: $2053/month

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Rogue Valley

Rogue Valley is located in Grants Pass, OR, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Rogue Valley for a visit...and stay!

Map of Rogue Valley