Brookdale Forest Grove

Brookdale Forest Grove (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Brookdale Forest Grove

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Forest Grove

October 29, 2015

I visited Brookdale Forrest Grove, and I loved it. I loved the environment. The people were very kind. They were nice. It was very clean. The meals were fabulous -- the way they served it and the way you had a couple of choices of meals every day. You had multiple choices of food, and you do not have to eat the same thing every day.

May 20, 2014

By Bill45

We were able to visit Wynwood of Forest Grove. This place is clean, and it would be easy access for us to go see him. The atmosphere was friendly. It did offer professional services, but more impersonal. Their apartments were clean and very nice. It is also very spacious and everything a person would need. The residents all seemed to be happy and well adjusted.

February 14, 2014

We visited Wynwood but nobody was at the reception desk so we didn’t know where to go. They’ve got the fireplaces going and everything felt homey to me. We had lunch which was very good. They spoiled me really well and I got to meet everybody. The head guy was wonderful. It’s got everything I want and need. It’s even got a physical therapy room where I can go and do things. The apartment was the biggest I’ve seen in assisted living homes. It was really nice. Even the people that live there were coming up and talking to me and they just made me feel welcome and home. I already have friends there and I would have absolutely no problem moving in there. However, they have no slot for me and I wouldn’t be able to move until August or September.

September 30, 2013

By Nancy67041850

We moved mom to Wynwood of Forest Grove last July. I was really pleased with the staff when we are moving her in as they were very helpful and all went well. She likes the facility and they keep the place very clean. She likes the people and she is comfortable there. She's in a one-bedroom apartment with a little kitchenette. She is having the food delivered to her room and she likes it. After a couple of weeks, my brother told me that they were sending her bills and statements for things that she had not received and under the description of the statement it didn't explained what she was being billed for. She has a neurological condition because she has degenerative brain disease and so she started just issuing automatic payments through her online banking to the facility. Within four weeks' time she had issued $12,000 and so I was not happy. I meet with them and they said that there had been a miscommunication and when we asked for a description of the services that she was being billed for. One of them was like chronic pain management and it said that part of that would be massage therapy and my mom said she wasn't receiving any massage therapy or any therapy. To make the long story short, they did end up removing all the charges that were on her account that shouldn't have been there and all the late fees. Hopefully from this point forward there accounting department will do a cleaner job at what they are doing.

September 28, 2013

By Helen24

I went to Wynwood of Forest Grove to visit a friend. It was a nice place, very casual and very friendly. They take care of the residents. They had a bus that took them shopping. They kept the residents occupied. They did well as far as the food.

September 24, 2013

By Gary20

We visited Wynwood of Forest Grove and we liked it. We liked the fact that the rooms seem clean with plenty of space and it didn't feel cramped. They have everything that you need.

November 19, 2012

By John Blueman

I was very hesitant of a big company like this at first. To me it always felt like this was senior robbery. You look at how much people pay a month to live there and are left wondering why they didn't pay for there own caregiver at home. Then you see the light when at three in the morning grandma needs something and there are two sometimes three people coming in to check on her. We then got to go and see the dining room where they ate there meals. It was nice, almost nicer than the places I went out for dinner. The cooks were very friendly and knowledgable. The thing that impressed me was they knew what residents were on what kind of restrictive diets and accommodated all of them. Last but not least the housekeepers. If there ever is a group of people that deserves more money its them. They have to clean a lot of things and deal with things other people dont have to. I remember one time I spilled something in the room and was going to clean it up and they stopped me and cleaned it for me. All in all I believe we put my grandma in a good setting and she will be happy for years and years.

June 04, 2012

By Micki1

Other

My mom used this facility before. But I would rate the center around in the middle. My mom is a very shy person and I don't feel that they'd made the effort to help her get to know other people and get used to the activities. I think they don't have enough time and staff to individualized that much. I remember she requested once to be transferred to a different table because the people she was with just kept on talking about their age and grievances and my mom doesn't like that. But the people there did not transfer her so she quit joining the group meal. They could have been nice. But overall, the facility and staff were fairly good.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Forest Grove

June 30, 2011

By anonymousll

When one of my mother's closest friends moved to a Wynwood assisted living center I wondered if she would continue to live a full and rewarding life. Even my mother believed that many things would forever be changed, but happily we have both found that the Wynwood of Forest Grove, Oregon has made this woman's life much better. The facility is quite beautiful, clean and very well maintained. There is also a very warm and inviting atmosphere that you will notice from the moment you arrive. The early stages of Alzheimer's have had an impact on this woman's memory and ability to keep things organized. While forgetfulness may be a problem there are still many other areas where her personality, determination and abilities shine. We have been so happy to see that the staff gives her the personalized care and assistance she needs but still allow her to be "˜her own person'. During our last visit she was so proud to lead us on a "˜grand tour' of her new home. As we walked around the building and garden areas many employees and residents came up to us, introduced themselves and took a few minutes to chat with "Miss MaryB". It even seems that her memory has improved during her stay, but we are comfortable in the knowledge that if she ever needs to ask for help there are staff members that are always ready to respond.

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Forest Grove

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

About Brookdale Forest Grove

Brookdale Forest Grove provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Forest Grove