The Regent Corvallis, OR

Offers Independent Living

440 NW Elks Dr, Corvallis, OR 97330
The Regent (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 1 day

Red Tag Special! Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by February 28th. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of The Regent

Independent Living Reviews for The Regent

October 20, 2016

By Cecilia172678

I liked The Regent. It was smaller, more moderate, and inexpensive. It was more like what we were looking for. For the inexpensiveness of it, the facility itself and what they offered, the cleanliness of the facility, and the niceness of the people, I thought it was very nice. The rooms were really nice but smaller. Some of them were on the ground floor where you could walk out, which is nice.

August 15, 2016

By Tracy571800

The Regent is OK, and the staff is pleasant. I have a large, nice studio apartment with a sink and a refrigerator. They offer bingo and have happy hour on Fridays.

April 14, 2016

By B2

The people at The Regent were very kind and invited us back for lunch; the food was very good. It was a very kind and gentle place. The rooms were very clean, and they had housekeepers if you wanted them.

June 15, 2015

By Disappointed in Corvallis

Since Holiday took over the Regent, the graciousness of and quality of service has steadily decreased. The food is not very good. Poorly prepared, cheap ingredients, odd menu combinations. If you are at the end of the serving line, you menu items will likely be out. I would rate it at grade B cafeteria level food. ($4.00/day/resident) It is clear that Holiday considers Corvallis to be a lower priority because there are only two independent living residence and they own both. No competition. Very corporate business attitude with very little concern for the comfort or quality of life of their residents. They are chronically short staffed on purpose. They have no substitutes to call in, so residents frequently have to "be understanding" about their rooms not being cleaned, service being even slower than usual or the meal menu being changed to something that can be prepared by non-kitchen staff members. They shortened meal times to one hour (unlike the hour and half stated on the web site) to reduce payroll costs. Residents are expected to arrive at 8, 12, 5, late arrivals are discouraged because it causes more work. Staff are not allowed to work more hours as needed (unless, of course they are salaried, the resident mgrs have to pick up all the slack or the residents get short shrift. The local staff are, for the most part, sincere, friendly and kind and do the best they can with the time they are allowed. Turnover is higher than it used to be (pre-Holiday).

Hi, I'm Katie - I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. First, let me say how sorry I am that you're having a negative experience at The Regent. Second, thank you for writing a sincere review. You pointed out several specific areas for improvement and I appreciate that- it's reviews from residents and their families that make us better. I've passed your review on to our Resident Relations department so they can investigate further and take action, but would appreciate it if you could call them as well, since you seem to have a very firm grasp on how Holiday can deliver a higher quality of resident service. Their phone number is 1-800-370-8331. Thank you, Katie

May 24, 2015

I thought The Regent was very nice, and the people were very friendly. The facility seemed quite adequate. It was great. It was not exactly what I was looking for though. The rooms and apartments were spacious enough. I was very impressed with it.

June 10, 2014

By Mr C

My wife likes The Regent. What she liked about it was it was practically across the street from Corvallis Hospital, and she was enchanted with the idea of possibly doing some community work there. It’s also down the block from a mall and a bank. That was the thing that turned her on. It’s an attractive community; it was presentable and neatly put together. It has free admission on buses for the senior citizens. The food was fine. However, 4/5 of their activities are more of the sitting stuff, like playing cards, watching a movie, listening to a speaker, arts and crafts, jigsaw puzzles, other board games, music, sing-a-longs, and bingo. They do not encourage muscle tone and blood circulation.

Costs for The Regent

Photos of The Regent

Services and Amenities of The Regent

• Dining Extra: Resident Kitchen

• Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Regent

The Regent is located in Corvallis, OR, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Regent for a visit...and stay!

Located across from Good Sam Hospital and rite below the Corvallis Clinic on Elks Dr. Avery quiet and peacefull neighborhood that has vertualy no crime. We are close to Shopping and Grocery stores, Doctors and Pharmacies, Restaraunts and the city bus stops right in front of our building. We are a smaller community than most we only have 84 apartments, So if you are overwhelmed by crowds and lots of noise from the larger communities Ther Regent is the perfect place for you.

Map of The Regent