Regent Court Senior Living

Reviews of Regent Court Senior Living

Memory Care Reviews for Regent Court Senior Living

August 16, 2013

By Maydog

Regent Court was the very best place for my mother, who became paranoid, violent and aggressive. I befriended all of the staff and caregivers. Each one became a good friend to my mother. The Regent Court staff and I had monthly meetings, they received copies of my mother's medical records, and they cared deeply about their residents. Yes, things can go wrong. My mother had two falls, but no fault of the staff. When dementia, Alzheimer's and other disabling diseases, happen to people so old, nothing can happen without a hitch, or hitches. There was no way I could have taken care of my mother with the same quality of care that was provided by Regent Court. And that RC has so many long-term employees speaks volumes of the quality of care that they offer to their employees and that carries over to their residents. I keep in contact with those who loved my mother. As one staff member said: "We only know our residents for who they are now, how their lives have become and we love them." I did see that they cherished my mother. Regent Court was the very best decision we could have made to ensure that my mother had the very best of care while she struggled with this hideous disease of Alzheimer's. We have to be heroes when Alzheimer's comes along. The Regent Court staff can provide that.

May 11, 2012

By barbaralaw

Regent Court came to our rescue. When our mother's memory and health began to decline we initially thought we could keep her at home with 24 hour caretakers. We soon realized this was not so and had to move quickly in our decision to find a place for her that could meet her needs as well as our needs. It was the best choice we could have made for our mother at that particular time. Dennis was incredibly helpful and caring in walking us through the process of admitting mom. He had to deal with a paramedic and a scientist as daughters who knew what they wanted for their mother. Not always what was reasonably able to be provided. The caretakers at Regent Court were tremendous and caring. They took care of our mother in ways that ended up exceeding out expectations to the very end. We feel our mother died in the most living caring caring atmosphere possible.

December 19, 2009

By melvin21

Bad-Bad-Bad!!!

We moved my grandfather up to Oregon after my grandmother passed away in Arizona. He was there for a total of 7 days before we found a much better place for him. The staff was terrible and unhelpful every time I was there. We had to be buzzed in to enter and every time I arrived I had to knock on the door and search for someone to let me in. One of the women at the facility would scream all day and night. The staff didn't seem to care about the people there. We tried to get my grandfather some help and we found 4 staff members in the kitchen area chatting about being hung over from the day before. When we moved my grandfather we tried to get some of the deposit back from them. It was difficult. We ended up in court because they would not show up for the mediation they outline in their contract. In all it cost us over $1000.00 for each day my grandfather stayed here. He was depressed and hated every minute of it. He was treated poorly and the staff did little to show they cared.

August 30, 2009

By Jessica-1

It is a great place! There is a new manager and she is doing a great job! She trains the staff on being a best friend to the residents and I see that she really cares about the whole place. I visit my family friend there a lot and the staff are always doing something fun with them.
See all Memory Care reviews (12) See fewer reviews

Questions about Regent Court Senior Living

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Regent Court staff receive ongoing dementia-specific training from both our online courses and during our monthly staff meetings in person. We encourage our staff to shape their schedule to continue education for their future career goals in the health care industry.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Regent Court is proud to have some of the highest staffing ratios in our area. We staff our community based on the current level of needs of the residents. That being said, at the very minimum our staffing is set to 4 caregivers and 1 med aide during the day and 2 caregivers and 1 med aide during the overnight shift. Though, you will often see much higher staff ratios.

What programs or activities does Regent Court Senior Living offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Compass Senior Living’s communities, including Regent Court Senior Living, believe in the power of community and family connections, growth opportunities, cognitive exercise, and the healing power of multi-sensory stimulation. Our True North programs are designed with these goals in mind. • Saving Libraries – Tiny Stories • Circle of Friends • #Gen2000 Project • Music Makes Memories • Aromatherapy You can also see our full calendar of events by visiting https://www.facebook.com/RegentCourtSeniorLiving/

Regent Court conducts initial and ongoing health and cognitive assessments with each and every resident. The assessment is either conducted by our staff RN or another medically trained staff member. We perform thorough evaluations upon move-in to Regent Court and follow up with another evaluation 30 days afterwards. After the initial move-in transition, a full assessment is done every 90 days hence-there-after and will always involve family members. In addition to the standards above, Regent Court performs assessments upon noticed changes to health or cognitive conditions as often as needed or requested by family / others involved.

What techniques does Regent Court Senior Living use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

At Regent Court your loved one will enjoy their nutritious meal in a family style dining setting. Depending on each individuals needs, we use a combination of gentle music and positive social interactions during meal times. While the residents prepare for their meal, we also enjoy bringing out their personalized memory scrap books and smiling together as we browse through fond memories. For residents that need more personalized eating assistance, we work with the family to develop the care needed during meal times that best works for each person, including feeding assistance from staff.

How does Regent Court Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Regent Court regularly communicates and involves families in the healthcare of their loved ones. Our Growth and Wellness Plans are conducted every 90 days or more often and use well-being as our frame of reference. The goals are focused on strengths, preferences, and growth. Then we know how to partner with each resident to highlight and strengthen the sense of individuality to define assistance needed within the culture of caring. For more immediate health concerns, Regent Court contacts family members promptly by phone.

Describe the neighborhood around Regent Court Senior Living. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Regent Court Senior Living is located in beautiful Corvallis – home to Oregon State University. We have spectacular views of the Willamette River and Cascade Mountains. Regent Court Senior Living is just across the street from the Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center with convenient access to Hwy 99E. The area around Regent Court is beautifully landscaped and resembles a natural green hillside.

Is Regent Court Senior Living affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Regent Court Senior Living is not affiliated with a hospital. However, we are conveniently located across the street from Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, a non-profit comprehensive care hospital.

Costs for Regent Court Senior Living

Photos of Regent Court Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Regent Court Senior Living

• Housing Extra: Private & Shared Rooms

• State Licenses: 50A239

About Regent Court Senior Living

Regent Court Senior Living is located in beautiful Corvallis – home to Oregon State University. We provide specialized memory care services for those with Alzheimer’s or other age-related cognitive impairments. We warmly welcome you to experience the good people who live and work in our senior living community. Our team believes if you do the right thing, the right things happen. You will hear lots of laughter and giggles!

Staff members at Regent Court are dedicated to helping seniors remain as independent as possible. They achieve this result by helping seniors stay healthy in mind and body and encouraging them to remain active. This support and encouragement is always given in a way that ensures that seniors feel respected and dignified, no matter what difficulties they encounter.

Senior residents of Regent Court have excellent access to a wide range of amenities, including:

• Pet friendly housing and policies
  • Delicious meals served daily
  • Vegetarian, vegan, and guest meals available
  • On-site beautician services
  • Indoor and outdoor walking paths
  • Laundry and dry cleaning services
  • Housekeeping services

We have spectacular views of the Willamette River and Cascade Mountains. Regent Court Senior Living is just across the street from the Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center.

Map of Regent Court Senior Living