Corvallis Manor

Reviews of Corvallis Manor

Nursing Home Reviews for Corvallis Manor

September 30, 2011

By CaresForElders

I am an elder care provider for a couple in their nineties. The wife took a fall at home and injured her hip. She was sent to Corvallis Manor for physical therapy. My first impression was that the parking situation was poorly arranged anD inadequate. They had very few handicapped spaces (even though spouses coming to see their sick or very elderly mates were bound to be sick or elderly themselves) and the regular spaces were way around the back, making a difficult long walk for seniors. The inside seemed clean and well lit, the amenities were few but adequate. I thought the dining room was very small, and subsequently found out some patients were made to eat in their rooms because there was no room for them in the dining facility. The staff also appeared competent and friendly, I have to say that they answered all of my questions and were very helpful. However, my friend (or elderly person whom I used to give home care to) withered away from her home. Within two weeks she had developed symptoms of heart disorders she never had before, her lucidity slipped away, she lost a significant amount of weight and constantly complained about the food. Also, her intended physical therapy sessions fell by the wayside. Fearing that she might die in there away from her family, her daughter authorized me to remove my "friend" from the nursing home and take her to the family physician she had been seeing for years. The doctor told her that things looked bleak and explained to her that she might not last very much longer. It was a matter of days. Hospice was called, she returned home and family gathered from all over the united states to say their goodbyes. Much to everyone's surprise, after returning home the woman began to make a swift and miraculous recovery. She is no longer at death's doorstep, hospice has been canceled and she is quite ambulatory with a walker. Do I blame Corvallis Manor for the swift onset of deteriorating health? I have to wonder, she was in considerably good shape when she entered, declined awfully rapidly in their care, and is now in fairly good shape for a woman her age. (94)

Services and Amenities of Corvallis Manor

About Corvallis Manor

Corvallis Manor is a senior living provider in Corvallis, Oregon that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Corvallis Manor for more details on services and rates.

Map of Corvallis Manor