Baycrest Memory Care

Reviews of Baycrest Memory Care

Memory Care Reviews for Baycrest Memory Care

April 18, 2012

By Kay T.

My visit to Baycrest Memory Care was shortly before Christmas. My grandfather had been slowly slipping into dementia for some time and we were considering putting him into an assisted living center. My mother and I had been to several other centers in the area but it was obvious Baycrest was the best.The staff was attentive and the patients were allowed to have lives. The memory care units were broken up into sections so early stage dementia/alzheimer's individuals wouldn't have to see late stage, which I thought was nice. Baycrest knew that people shouldn't deal with the added stress of living with someone who was at a stage they may get to. It showed that they cared to provide my grandpa a home rather than a hospice.My mom was very nervous about giving up caring for my grandfather (she found he was mistreated at the 'rehabilitation' center he previously stayed at), but even she felt great about Baycrest. The manager showing us around was quick to answer our questions.Unfortunately, my grandfather passed due to unforeseen circumstances before we could move him to Baycrest. Still, it was our top choice, and Baycrest gave us the feeling that he would be cared for.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Photos of Baycrest Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Baycrest Memory Care

About Baycrest Memory Care

Baycrest Memory Care is a Memory Care community located near the Pacific Ocean on the beautiful Oregon Coast in the vibrant town of Coos Bay, Oregon. Baycrest Memory Care offers comfortable, supportive, and enriching lifestyles with beautiful accommodations and amenities. It is our goal to provide the highest quality of life for each of our residents. Our Memory Care neighborhoods are dedicated to our philosophy of social, psychological, spiritual and physical well-being of every individual.

Baycrest Memory Care offers both single and shared rooms that allow for the living situation that best fits the needs of our residents. We offer a full activities program that promote cognitive, sensory, creative, and physical skill development.

Map of Baycrest Memory Care