Stone Lodge

Offers Independent Living

1460 NE 27th St, Bend, OR 97701
Stone Lodge (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 1 day

Red Tag Special! Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by February 28th. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of Stone Lodge

Independent Living Reviews for Stone Lodge

June 27, 2018

By TS

We really like Stone Lodge a lot. It's beautiful. The staff is wonderful. The dining room has a lot of tables. I've had their food, and it's really good. My mother-in-law thinks that they should have more cooked vegetables because she can't eat the raw ones. They have a lot of salad and that upsets her stomach. Everyone is so pleasant, kind, and helpful. They have a lot of different activities, and she found a couple that she likes to participate in. It's super expensive, but for the area, it's the lowest price. Bend is really an expensive place for rent.

November 30, 2017

By Grapes

Everything looked good at Stone Lodge. It was more independent, but they could not take my father-in-law. The staff was wonderful. The dining area was nice, they have exercises, and a TV/movie room.

May 26, 2017

By anonymous181537

Stone Lodge is supposed to be independent living, but there are a lot of people who are not that independent. My mother-in-law said that within the first month, they've lost the chef and down workers, and the food went from good to not so good. Her room is OK, and everything around is fairly well-maintained. She thought everybody was well and healthy and walking around, and it's her first time going into a situation like this so it could be difficult.

May 25, 2017

By kb482633

Mom was in Stone Lodge for 2 months; she liked it at first, but noticed that it was more assisted living than independent living. She can't cook there. The staff was nice and helpful, and the food was good, but they switched chefs, and the food was awful now. It was not what she expected.

March 29, 2017

By Beverly752653

We were exceptionally impressed with Stone Lodge, and Kim, the woman who gave us the tour, was very professional and lovely. The place was very nice and lovely. The rooms were quite adequate in size, with lots of windows and lights, and it was airy so you didn’t feel like you were closed in. There were some that looked out into the garden, and the upstairs ones had good-sized decks. The building's layout was very nice,with a center room with mezzanines rather than just solid rooms, and the place was clean.

November 26, 2016

By Allyn455257

We visited Stone Lodge. There's options on room sizes, they were nice, and some had nice views. There's only one elevator, so there could be an issue with wheelchair bound residents. The dining area was nice. We looked at the menu, it looked home cooked, and the people were very friendly.

November 21, 2016

By James848634

Stone Lodge had a couple of empty rooms that had just been repainted and recarpeted. They had gray carpeting -- very neutral. It’s away from the area that I’m familiar with -- about a two-and-a-half hour drive -- so it’s too far away. The area has different vegetation and different types of trees. It’s very arid over there, and it has turned into a hippy town. It didn’t feel like me. It’s too upbeat for me over there.

November 19, 2016

By Laura331272

Stone Lodge was very lovely. It was a beautiful building, and we had a nice lunch there. It was nice. The person who assisted me was very nice, and she was a good guide. The dining area was nice, and you're able to choose from a couple of different varieties off the cart.

January 26, 2016

By Gary123111250

I visited Stone Lodge. We were very pleased with it. The facility was good. It seemed like the staff was good, too. The rooms were adequate. Overall, Stone Lodge was good. It was very nice. It was clean, nice, and uptown. It was very good.

May 08, 2015

By John106290750

We did try and visit Stone Lodge. We were served lunch there, and it was very nice. They have a very lovely dining room. Three meals a day are included. They were very nice to us, and I was very impressed. Their corners living units are just beautiful. They have nice, curvy porches, and I was very impressed with that.

December 17, 2014

By Lewis3

I had hip replacement, and I was recovering at Bend Transitional Care. I think I was the luckiest guy in the world. You had your own little room, they’ve got occupational, physical therapists, other nurses, CNAs, and the assistants. I thought it was fantastic. Here come a little folded up paper for what the next meal was going to be. You got to choose what you wanted for the meals. The food is basically fantastic, and there was only a couple of times that I didn’t care for it but other people liked it so it had to be good food. The room is heated with an automated heater and an air conditioner. One CNA brought me coffee and a newspaper every morning after she came in. The occupational and physical therapy ladies work in a team; they had me walking with one of these assisted walkers within a week. I was so impressed by the physical therapist, with the way she was doing it, starting on the foot and working right on up. That’s the reason that she had me with my weight on that foot and then walking on it. I was so impressed that I wrote a letter of recommendation about her and the occupational therapist.

April 25, 2014

By Rhonda8

I really liked Stone Lodge. They're just really friendly. The staff was wonderful. You can pay extra for assistance there. It's affordable for what Mom needs right now. They do three meals a day. They have lots of activities. Everybody seems just really sweet. Her room is like three times the size as where she came from. It has a huge bathroom, lots of storage, closet, a little kitchen, a little living room, and a nice balcony. So it is really perfect. They invited me, my husband, mother-in-law, and father-in-law to come to lunch, and it was really nice. The building is nice, and the location is great. The price was great, too. I think her place was very roomy, light, and wasn't depressing. It was nice and cheery.

October 30, 2013

By Jerry17

What I do like about Stone Lodge is that they allow you to use their other facilities across the nation. The staff accommodated us when we visited the facility were wonderful and they seemed to be very knowledgeable in what they are talking about. Their rooms were very large compared to some of the others. They have great surroundings. We were able to eat there and the food was great. I would just like them to put a salad bar because I do like a salad bar as some of the others do.

January 06, 2012

By 1544gina

Stone Lodge is comfortable and quiet for the usual retirement couple. It offers meals, activities, transportation, interaction, and the staff is very sweet. Unfortunately, a cleaning service wasn't offered to my grandfather living in the facility--nor was anyone looking after him. When I visited once or twice a month, I was shocked at the condition of his apartment: there were needles left on the floor that he had dropped/lost (he was diabetic), lost pills on the floor, old food and garbage that my grandfather was unable to take care of himself, and it looked like they had hardly helped him do laundry, even though he was considered an assisted living resident. Overall, I think the staff at the facility means well, but might not be for an individual or couple that is in need of full assisted living--just a retirement community for those who are still independent.

Costs for Stone Lodge

Photos of Stone Lodge

Services and Amenities of Stone Lodge

• Independent Living Starting At: $2064/month

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Garage

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Stone Lodge

Stone Lodge is located in Bend, OR, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Stone Lodge for a visit...and stay!

Map of Stone Lodge