Maple Ridge Ashland, OR

Reviews of Maple Ridge

Assisted Living Reviews for Maple Ridge

June 08, 2014

By live_carefully

It has the same problems many of the surrounding facilities carry: Short-staffing and keeping employees (they lose almost two employees per month, for the past six), inadequate cleaning supplies, poor food and meal service, slow laundry service, and trays of half-eaten food left in the hallways or laundry rooms for several hours. Like any of the rest, Emeritus at Mountain View provides with its own unique errors. For one, it hasn't been true that two Executive Directors were employed for each part of the building; they've only had one for at least the past two years. The building suffers a severe fruit fly infestation because their communal garbage cans are never properly cleaned. We watched one of the nighttime resident assistants taking them into the kitchen where the food is prepared to rinse out the mold and kitty litter and fruit fly eggs. We once overheard a med-tech say that they'd once found maggots nesting in the juice dispenser in the kitchen. When we do order juice, there's often something wispy and solid floating around in the glass. I can't begin to imagine what the kitchen must look like. If you're going to live here, do so because you are fully able to take care of yourself and provide your own food. What's nice about this facility is that you can get help in case of a fall or other injury very quickly. While this is true for (nearly) every other facility, Emeritus at Mountain View is very close to the hospital. It hardly takes any time at all for the ambulance to arrive. The staff will do the best that they can for you here. Unfortunately, the best they can do is as minimal as the rest of the building.

March 31, 2014

By Barbara76963950

A place I looked at was Emeritus, and it was terrible. The physical facilities were very dated. I didn't feel it was clean. The activities were not very interesting. The meal service was absolutely horrible. I spent an hour and a half waiting for my lunch, and I learned from other people later that that was typical. That wasn't just one bad day. Their lunch, their meal service, is extremely slow. It was very discouraging. I wanted to walk out and leave, but I was too polite, and the house that they showed me was -- I thought it was back in the '50s. It was terrible. They didn't have enough parking for guests. The woman who showed me around was nice and often pleasant, but I didn't like that place at all.

April 30, 2013

By Ella25

Most of the staff work very hard, which is necessary because it is very minimal. There are long wait times for hygiene help, and medications are usually given late. The staff stay pleasant but aren't allowed to do anything extra for the residents. No matter how much money is paid for a relative to live there, certain things are denied, such as a peanut butter sandwich if they get snackish in the evening. Some staff are doing nursing duties but have no medical training or background. But it is not a bad place to be if your parent or grandparent doesn't have bad medical problems, as some residents do.

August 12, 2011

By Care Mgr.

Other

The staff is very informed as to the needs of the residents. The nurse, in particular, is very caring and responsive. The administrator does a good job of keeping the facility running well. I currently have 2 clients living here, and as a geriatric care manager, I would recommend it.

Independent Living Reviews for Maple Ridge

Costs for Maple Ridge

Photos of Maple Ridge

Services and Amenities of Maple Ridge

• Fee Structure Extra: $1750 Community Fee
  • Independent Living Starting At: $1995/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

About Maple Ridge

Maple Ridge Senior Living is a place of vibrancy and life - promoting meaning and joy in the lives of residents, families, and our team members. Elders inspire us, motivate us, guide, and direct us. As we work to create an empowering, caring, growing culture for elders, we are also creating our own future. After all, we are all elders-in-waiting!

Many independent seniors decide to join us at Maple Ridge because they want to enjoy the benefits of being connected to others in a place where there is a common desire to grow and learn and make a difference. You’ll enjoy the opportunities of a social environment while staying independent of care as long as you like or are able. If or when you might need some assistance, you have a support system and team at the ready that already knows you, your preferences, and your personality—and you know them!

Benefits of Maple Ridge Senior Living includes:

• 3 delicious meals a day and snacks
  • Weekly Housekeeping
  • 24/7 security
  • Assistance with needs of daily living. (assistance with dressing, bathing, medication management, mobility assistance, and more!
  • Social programs designed to keep people active and engaged in life and their surroundings.
  • Tailoring of services to the individual needs of each person.
  • Maintenance of your lifestyle and connection to the greater community (assistance with transportation, shopping, recreation, and volunteerism are just a few examples)
  • Extended ‘family’ to care and watch out for each person’s safety and well-being.
  • Regular communication with long-distance family members
  • Help prevent major disasters that sometimes happen when people live alone.
  • Monitoring of Health and General well-being.
  • A “Growth and Wellness Plan” is created in partnership with you to discuss which services will meet your needs.

Maple Ridge Senior Living is located in downtown Ashland, in southern Oregon. It’s known for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and the beautiful Lithia Park surrounding Ashland Creek; which features trails, duck ponds and a rose garden. Nearby North Mountain Park has a nature center and themed gardens, like the butterfly and herb gardens.

Map of Maple Ridge